posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:56 PM
Today in Sydney, Australia, Australian and American citizens are being warned not to travel to the Philippines unless it is essential travel, because
of fears of an upcoming terrorist attack. Authorities in the U.S and Australia issued the high alert travel warning after saying they had received
information and believed that terrorist attacks were being planned in the Philippines
Authorities said that citizens should defer all non-essential travel to Mindanao in the south, and defer all travel to the Zamboanga peninsula and
the Sulu archipelago.
The alerts in particular warn citizens to stay away from areas known to be frequented by foreigners, including coastal resorts.
"We continue to receive reports that terrorists in the region are planning attacks. Recent reports suggest that terrorists may be in the final stages
of planning an attack," the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade said in a statement late on Thursday.
"Attacks could occur at any time, anywhere in the Philippines. Australians planning travel to the Philippines should consider this information
carefully in deciding whether to travel at this time," it said.
Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
It was only last month when three bombs exploded in Manila and two other cities within the Philippines, killing eight people and wounding over
100. This is all down to the works of the Abu Sayyaf group who claimed to be attacking in response to a major military push against Islamic militants
in southern Philippines. Fighting a fight will not work, all it means is more bloodshed and deaths. I hope that for once terrorists stop attacking
Related News Links:
[edit on 24-3-2005 by Banshee]