It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warlord killed in Chechnya was Ex-U.S. Marine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

MOSCOW, March 24. (RIA Novosti)-Rizvan Chitigov, who was killed in the district center Shali in Chechnya on Wednesday and was the third most influential warlord after Shamil Basayev and Doku Umarov, had graduated from an elite U.S. subversion and reconnaissance school and had served on a contract basis in a U.S. Marine battalion, Kommersant reports.

In the early 1990s, Chitigov went to America using the assistance of an international Muslim fund, which had a mission in Chechnya. Returning to Shali in 1994, he told his compatriots that he could have forged a career in the U.S. Navy (and was subsequently called "the American" after that), but a warlord, Khattab, persuaded him to return to his native republic.

Chitigov initially fought under Khattab and commanded the only tank battalion the self-proclaimed Chechen Republic of Ichkeria had. He began the second Chechen campaign in Grozny but later escaped to the mountains and Georgia. Operational information acquired in summer 2001 said he was planning to use chemical and bacteriological weapons against federal forces. Soon "the American's" secret base with a batch of homemade ricin was found. This is when Chitigov received his second alias, "the Chemist."

source:
ria.novosti

A little bit of history repeating?

Most of the notorious world "terrorists" were trained either by the CIA or the NSS or the US Army or the US Marines!

Like this ex Chechen Warlord, who was also ex elite US Marine Scout.

MORE INFO:

Russia Says Kills Chechen Rebel With Links to CIA

Toe tag for Rizvan Chitigov

Destroyed Chechen militant helped execute OSCE officials in 1999

Terrorist Number Three Eliminated in Chechnya

[edit on 24/3/05 by Souljah]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
they teach them to defend their country. not go out and kill infidels.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Is this becoming more and more evident? or is it just me???

I swear to God we turn our back on the world for one second to worry about our own problems and they're out causing chaos. Indeed the US is the babysitter of the world

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by navajoprophet

I swear to God we turn our back on the world for one second to worry about our own problems and they're out causing chaos. Indeed the US is the babysitter of the world

Uhh this has been going on for quite a while...before you "turned your back"
The US is not the worlds "babysitter" , you have self appointed yourself "world police"

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
hypocrits, you justify iraqi insurgents yet condemn chechyn insurgents and then make us the bad guy for training one of them for something completely unrelated to the chechyn conflict.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
you have self appointed yourself "world police"

Team America, # YEAH!!!!

external image
Putting the F back in Freedom

That movie's great. No wonder the world hates us. Ah well, I'm gonna go have some chicken mcnuggets and dust my 'nuke the world' poster.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
America trained and supplied the Mujahideen to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan too. You all know this. Infact, in one instance a consort of Americans flew to Britain and met with 2 senior SAS troopers. They sprawled out recon photographs of numerous Soviet MiGs parked at an air base and asked the 2 SAS troopers to devise a plan in which they could quickly and efficiently disable them all. After 24 hrs they had a plan which involved the construction of improvised explosives that would be placed on the tail of each aircraft and detonated so that the damage would be applied to the same areas. Effectively rending useless any scrapping efforts as essential parts on all aircraft where damaged beyond repair and reuse. 3 weeks later, the Americans returned to Britain to meet again with the SAS Troopers. Waltzing in with huge smiles on their faces, they again sprawled out recon photographs of the same MiG lot. But this set showed every aircraft had it's tail blown off.

That's how important it was to the US gov to support the freedom fighters and use them for their own ends. This world is rife with hypocracy, and that's a simple fact.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I can find no evidence that would justify referring to this individual as an "ex-Marine." Regardless of who may have trained him or even that he served in some "contract" capacity with the United States Marine Corps, does not justify his being called a Marine, except, as it appears was the case, as an informal nickname for a wannabe.

[edit on 05/3/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I too was mislead by the title. I honestly thought it was some ex-marin adventurer.

i'm surprised that there isn't more of that infact. Whats to stop a bunch of well trained commandos from america ending their tour, getting together, maybe with some corporate interests, and taking over one of these emirates of little fiefdoms?

I mean, if Thatcher's kid figures he can do it, why not US Army officers?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
This world is rife with hypocracy, and that's a simple fact.

Hypocrisy or pragmatism?

The real shame was not getting invovled after the anti-soviet jihad in afghanistan, and doing nothing when the taliban later slowly started to take over the country.

Similar to the Darfur. How much hand wringing is there going to be if its found out that the arab militias over there are actually transfering african weapons to jihadis?

Or if a generation from now, the natives to darfur, the Fur, organize into anti-western terrorist cells?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I can find no evidence that would justify referring to this individual as an "ex-Marine." Regardless of who may have trained him or even that he served in some "contract" capacity with the United States Marine Corps, does not justify his being called a Marine, except, as it appears was the case, as an informal nickname for a wannabe.

[edit on 05/3/24 by GradyPhilpott]

True...your title and opening remark is FALSE..change it cause you are WRONG

He is not a Marine...he did not earn the title...
Working for the Marine Corps and being a Marine is 2 differant things..
same as Working in America and Being an AMERICAN

After recently spending 4+ yrs in the Marine Corps I find that
offense, he is not worthy of holding that title as I AM.
*sniff*

He title is that of a cowardless smug who uses his religion as justification for killing innocent people!
He is a traitor....America does not influence someone to go crazy like himself and Bin-Laden...it is false teachings of Islam..Im not saying Islam is false...Im saying False teachings/interpretations

[edit on 25-3-2005 by dev_add]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Why is this a big surprise?
This has CIA all over it. Pulling the strings, the so called "coldwar" never really ended!

After Saddam and Iraq, is there any doubts? Waiting for the conspiracy call.

It is an effort to destabilize a region with opposition groups. This is going through out the regions. Opposition groups need funding, a nobody does not suddenly appear unless he has the black budget needed for something as complicated as destabilizing a region through opposition.

I bet he is religious as in muslim "extremist."

[edit on 25-3-2005 by Justanotherperson]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Exactly, why is it a big surprise?

US trained troops in Afganistan to fight against Russian forces for years! The US defeated the Russians in this conflict and directly influenced the Fall of the Red Bear. The CIA trained these troops, supplied them with weapons and weapon training. They even supplied them stinger missiles, short range shoulder fired missiiles, designed "to operate even by an illiterate muslim fundamentalist", that shot down two russian aircraft a day.

Why wouldnt they train Chechen troops to fight against Russians in Chechnia? After the Cold War alot of these "freedom fighters" from the east went to America to train. America supported Afganistan rebels for decades, selling them weapons for years after the war was over. The same route from Karachi port in Pakistan to Kabul in Afganistan, that was used to smuggle weapons, was now used to transport opium. CIA was responsible for big opium trades after the war, the same opium used to sell as herion to Great Britain and Europe.

Why wouldnt the US Marines then train one of these rebels just like they did train thousands!

I know, the article does not say anything about this guy beeing REALLY an ex-marine, with 4 years of service. But he was in the CIA connection; he was trained by an elite US Marine Scout unit, but then he decided to leave and to serve his real Country.

This is just one story, that was released by the russian press.

Anti American Propaganda?

Seems to me that alot of modern time militant muslim fundamentalists had in some or other time in their life, have a deal with the USA.
IF terrorism means "intimidation by violence or the threat of violence", and if we allow the definition to include violence by states and agents of states, then it is these states, not isolated individuals or small groups, that are the important terrorists in the world! If terrorist violence is measured by extent of politically motivated torture and murder, it was shown that it is the US sponsored and protected "authoritian" states - the REAL TERROR NETWORK - that these forms of violence have reached a high uprise in recend decades. In Central America alone 60-100 civilans were being murdered by state terrorists A DAY in 1981! AND TORTURE was employed on a regular basis and as a "mode of governance" in more than a dozen US client states in Latin America during 1970s!

Around 66.500 troops were trained by the USA in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua and Uruguay.

Why does this news then strike you all as a BIG SURPRISE?

[edit on 25/3/05 by Souljah]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I saw the pictures of his corpse too on TV. No visible wounds... He was killed in a tunnel/bunker type structure. Do you think the Russki's might have 'smoked him out' with nerve gas?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde
I saw the pictures of his corpse too on TV. No visible wounds... He was killed in a tunnel/bunker type structure. Do you think the Russki's might have 'smoked him out' with nerve gas?

Hmm, interesting idea. Russians dont think twince about using nerve gasess in "counter terrorists situations". It says nothing about any gas, and you can see blood stains down the right leg, just next to his sneakers.

The terrorist was in a hurry to leave the flat and dropped a tiled panel on the floor. He opened fire at the policemen who rushed back into the flat but missed and was killed by return fire.

Maybe they gassed him and then rushed his flat as he was trying to escape the gas. Thats my theory. If Russkies KNOW that in this flat a terrorist is hiding, they WILL gas it first and then storm with special troops with gas masks to finish the job.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by navajoprophet

Uhh this has been going on for quite a while...before you "turned your back"
The US is not the worlds "babysitter" , you have self appointed yourself "world police"

no, you have.

you don't try to stop people around the globe from killing each other, you don't try to stop world hunger, world poverty, world economic hardship. you don't set one foot into lands wrongly taken by harsh dictators. you don't try to stop bombings, stop massive cults, keep the peace across the globe, unless WE ASK YOU TO.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Hmm, interesting idea. Russians dont think twince about using nerve gasess in "counter terrorists situations". It says nothing about any gas, and you can see blood stains down the right leg, just next to his sneakers.

Could that blood be from Haemorraging??? (Did i spell that right??? I hate that word. An awful word for an awful thing) To kill someone woth a gunshot to the leg you would have to hit the femoral artery which would result in heavy bloodloss surely???

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde

Could that blood be from Haemorraging??? (Did i spell that right??? I hate that word. An awful word for an awful thing) To kill someone woth a gunshot to the leg you would have to hit the femoral artery which would result in heavy bloodloss surely???
Hmmm, if that happened floow would be bloody as hell. If there was a heavy bloodloss, that photo would have been red.

Or maybe thats not him on the photo.

Who knows anyway how he died.

But he has Puma Sneakers. Bad commercial for them.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Here's how I see it: One less 'paycheck' to be paid, eh?

Question Souljah:
Since you seemingly support insurgents and terrorist activities in Iraq, would Rizvan Chitigov be considered an insurgent or terrorist and would those fighting in Chechnya be considered insurgents or terrorist?

seekerof

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Here's how I see it: One less 'paycheck' to be paid, eh?

Question Souljah:
Since you seemingly support insurgents and terrorist activities in Iraq, would Rizvan Chitigov be considered an insurgent or terrorist and would those fighting in Chechnya be considered insurgents or terrorist?

Again, a debate we have been over so many times.

So first lets take a quick look at history of Russia-Chechen conflct.

The roots of Chehen problem go way back into the history. As we know, in the 16-17th centuries the political map of Europe and the Middle East underwent significant changes, especially in the eastern part of this vast region, where from the Finnish Gulf to the Persian Gulf the Moscow, the Ottoman and the Sefevid empires stretched. For the first time under the reign of Ivan the Terrible Russia turned into a state European monarchies and the Muslim East reckoned with. The expansion of Moscow governors grew in the Baltic States, Ukraine and the North Caucasus.

From the 17-18th centuries Islam gained vast importance in the North Caucasus. It took deep roots among Chechens, Imgushs, Circassians, Kabardinians and other peoples, while in the southern Dagestan Islam had strong positions even before that. When Moscow claimed its rights to possess the North Caucasus it faced a desperate resistance from Chechens, Circassians and other peoples of the region, especially during the 1832-1864 war, and Islam played the leading role for the success of such long resistance of small peoples to the mighty empire.

WWI brought serious changes into the life of peoples of Russia in 1920’s: the Soviet administration replaced the tsarist one. In 1944, during WWII, Chechens and other small nations were deported by Russian troops to the Middle Asia and Kazakhstan, their autonomous formations were liquidated, even the geographic names «Chechnya," and other names were withdrawn from text-books and maps.

Before the collapse of the Soviet Union a whole generation of Chechens was born in their native lands. The events which followed the disintegration of the Soviet empire are well known: interethnic clashes turned into wars and economic hardships — into an endless crisis. Chechnya became a "hot spot" ,because the federal government firmly determined to suppress the national-liberation movement of Chechens.

Russians treat Chechens like criminals; they always did and they always will. So if you ask an averege Russian General, he will answer you, that these Chechen"Freedom Fighter" are a bunch of terroris criminals; well let me quote a general what he said about them in his own words:

“You can judge all you like. That's just the way it is. That’s the way it needs to be done in Chechnya. These are not human beings we’re talking about. They’re animals.”

So what gives the right to Russian Generals to wipe out entire cities, entire communities of Chechen people, call them animals, criminals?

Russians are stubborn as hell. They invaded Afganistan, another extreme islamic country, and it just proved to be a bloody conflict, without any real results. But here in Chechnia its all about the Russian rule over the oil rich Caucasus area. They have to control it, in order to allow the flow of oil to Russia and western states.

Chechen, at one time, was one the richest oil producing regions in the world. The Russians realize the strategic and economic value today of having total control of the entire caucus region and have decided it is in its own interest to bring the rebellious republic firmly under Moscow’s control. The stakes are enormous, these are primarily, transit routes for oil pipelines from which Moscow can extract hard currency. This is a major factor for conducting military operations here. Recent oil finds in the Caspian sea need transit routes in order of it to be shipped to the consuming western nations. Proposals have been pushed for pipelines from the Caspian sea through the Caucuses to the Black sea, which would provide the most direct route to the West. Other proposals have included a pipeline through Iran, which the US finds unacceptable primarily for political reasons.

By constant fighting against the Russian Empire, Chechen people have become warriors; they are born fighters, very similar to Afganistan. They have been resisting them for centuries. The Chechen national-liberation movement is the only threat of Russians and they will never allow them to succeed.

And by applying more military pressure, they will just create more problems in an area, already called "a hot spot". The Russians have provoked the people, not the other way.

Were the Chechen Terrorists attacking Russian schools and opera houses, before they denied them freedom and liberty?

Would the Chechen Terrorists even exsist today, in there were no Russian-Chechen war in the 90s?

People refer to terrorism, as an act of deliberatly targeting civilans and using fear as a weapon against the enemy; if that is the case, Russians were the FIRST to use TERROR agaist Chechen people. Now they are getting that terror back. What goes around, comes around.

www.markswatson.com...

www.matthewgood.org...

www.chechentimes.org...

[edit on 26/3/05 by Souljah]

Edited to add sources.

[edit on 3-26-2005 by ProudAmerican]

top topics

join