It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constantine's selections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Which god are we trusting? How do so many people get that confused? Why did Constantine pick the books of the bible he did? Where are the missing books of the bible, and how can we obtain them? I do believe in a higher power, but question just about everything we have been taught? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

KLS

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Those missing books are believed to be in the Vatican Secret Archives. Although a few of those books seem to mysteriously pop up. Kinda like The Dead Sea Scrolls etc.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I believe God kept his word in spite of the RCC and constantine .

At this point in history, you either have to take the bible at face value or reject it. If you make your own, then your not looking for God, your looking for religion

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
At this point in history, you either have to take the bible at face value or reject it. If you make your own, then your not looking for God, your looking for religion

How very profound!

About the Vatican library, who is meant to have access to it?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If there were books taken out of the bible in Rome by christians, then how come Jews dont know about these missing bible books? They believe in the same old testament as christians. Whats up with that?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I dont believe that the Old Testament was edited as much as The New Testament has. You can access the Vatican Secret Archives for a variety of purposes. However your research is monitored significantly. Its on the Vatican website or something like that.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You might find some of those alternative scriptures here and a list of links to some other works and history.

Check your local book store, I found "The Other Bible: Ancient Alternative Scriptures" edited by Willis Barnstone...in Barnes and Noble.....it includes some interesting texts....Jewish and Christian.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Thanks Frayed I was just feeling too lazy to find any links

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Thanks Frayed,

A lot of things don't add up. Is there a total of 73 books? If so, where are the other 7 books? What are the names of those seven books? The History Channel talked about the book of Mary and the book of Armeggedon (spelling). Just curious....

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
try The Nag Hammadi Library, The Lost Books of The Bible and The Forgotten Books of Eden,
The Gospel of Thomas
The Acts of Thomas
The Gospel of Mary Magdalene
The Pistis Sophia
The Gospel of The Infancy

that is a start.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The reason why the Old Testament hasnt been augmented is because it was around prior to the formation of the Catholic church. The Catholic church is responsible for hiding and then declaring which pieces of the New Testament are meant for man. We are fortunate to get a hold of many of the Dead Sea scrolls, dont doubt for a minute that there was pursuit upon those artifacts by the palpacy in Rome. Fortunately, many of the scrolls were sold among markets for money prior to widestream knowledge that they existed. This allowed some to get a hold of these treasures before they were supressed. The Vatican does in fact have a secret library. It is not known what works it is comprised of. Unfortunately, we will never know and never learn. Take a look at the Apocrypha, the Gnostics, and some of the Early Teachings Of Christ. Keep an open mind. Learn as much as you can. Form your own opinions. As far as the Word of the Lord, I would tend to foucs on the Old Testament. It may a bit more on target.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
I believe God kept his word in spite of the RCC and constantine .

Uhhh...I really don't mean to offend but I think most people come here looking for neither God nor religion - it seems to me that there are a few thousand other web sites one could visit if that kind of search was one's goal.

I have to take issue with this "take it or leave it" thing - swallow it whole, you mean? one is not allowed to taste, nibble around the edges, eat just the creamy center? That, I think, is the definition of religion - organizations with clearly defined doctrines that are strictly enforced. And, in the ever present circularity of all things, exposing the conspiracies of organized religions, the intentional obfuscation of history for a variety of motives, is the point of being here.

I don't go to Baskin Robbins to fill up my car with gas. I don't study history and social anthropology to find God.

With all due respect, I think it's quite out of bounds to interject faith and the infallibility of the KJV bible into discussions, questions, and resarch regarding history and conspiracies. Actually, maybe that kind of thing simply reinforces the idea that there is a conspiracy to repress scholarship by organized religions - are you an agent sent here to monitor us and report our activities? should I be watching my back for Papal assassins if I get too close to the truth?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I don't study history and social anthropology to find God.

I think it's nearly impossible to study one with out running into the others, they are all inextricably bound together, IMHO.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It's all about focus.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
If there were books taken out of the bible in Rome by christians, then how come Jews dont know about these missing bible books? They believe in the same old testament as christians. Whats up with that?

Research, research, Learn. learn

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
try The Nag Hammadi Library, The Lost Books of The Bible and The Forgotten Books of Eden,
The Gospel of Thomas
The Acts of Thomas
The Gospel of Mary Magdalene
The Pistis Sophia
The Gospel of The Infancy

that is a start.

Is the 'Talmud of Jmmanuel' part of these lost books...

Amazon.com link

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I'm doing some research on these books, have to educate myself. I googled, the lost books of the bible, and got a lot of surprising information.

Even some mention to extraterrestrial life.

Off hand, does anyone know if any of these books make reference to them?

Where did these books fall into the order of the bible? New or old Testament?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Interesting news:
4th century bible to be scanned and put online for public study
www.publictechnology.net...
The Sinai Bible is supposedly the oldest bible in the world;with more than 10.000 differences compared with modern bibles!
Flanders

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Got an error when I clicked on the link

top topics

join