It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Involuntary Shudders

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Holy old thread!

Haven't been here in a long time and I'm replying to an old post but glad it could help.

My wife was in the hospital a few days ago and I was sitting on a window bench in her room with my back to the window. This window looked out to a enclosed ramp that staff and visitors could walk through.

Anyway, I started to involuntarily shake for a couple seconds, turned around, and there was someone walking looking right at me. If I were a woman, it were appear that I was trying to shake my breasts back and forth. Must look funny.

I only get these a couple times a year and it's always people triggered. Still think I'm picking up some sort of energy or something. Anyone else experience something along this line?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by tacho]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Please don't laugh, but this is a serious question..

Is the shudder, similar to the type that sometimes happens right after urination?

Yes, there is a George Carlin Comedy bit, about this as well

i've had them WHILE urinating. not a pleasant experience....

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I get these occasionally, it's not around bad people or people generally since I get them around my mother too and we're extremely close.

I'm not sure what it is but I'm open to ideas, if I would go off of my intuition I would be inclined to say that it is some sort of energies I'm feeling.
I feel the exact same way when I'm around spirits except the hair won't stand on end for minutes when this happens.. overall I'm on the fence and I feel no need to make my mind up but it's an interesting topic.

I've never seen anybody else do it, and I wonder what people think when I get those shudders from time to time, strangely enough I haven't seen anybody react to it, not even weird looks.

I'm an 'empath' and can get pretty caught up in the feelings around me so I have theorised this might be some kind of way to 'equalize the pressure' if I've had emotional tension build up in me for a while..

I can also get this from watching certain paranormal videos, or reading about stories, sometimes it can be a pretty overwhelming feeling, not just the shudder but a feeling like: 'oh my god this is real..' or 'now something's here again' and I'll feel a presence, my hair starting to rise and I'll get the feeling that something is watching me.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
That happens to me all the time. I think that it has to do with the static energy humans create. I know it's paraphrased from The Matrix, but humans ARE like batteries.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I call this feeling "energy chills" and it happens any time I'm exposed to very strong energy (after Reiki, for example). Or when I'm near someone who "projects" very strongly, whether negative or positive energy. Are you strongly empathic?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by riiver

I would say yes. Years ago, it was like I would take on others people's emotions. It's gone down a lot since then. Strongest time was when I was in my late teens/early 20's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join