It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Involuntary Shudders

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I've had this for years and don't give it much thought.

I'll be walking in a store, down a street, etc. and pass someone when my whole body will involuntary shudder. Lasts all of a couple seconds but it's very noticable as my wife has commented on it. Doesn't happen very often - perhaps once or twice a month. Also has happened when I've driven past someone. It doesn't matter whether I actually look at the person or not, just that they are nearby.

I've assumed that I'm picking up something (negative) on some sort of spiritual level. When it happens, I'll look further at the person that I reacted to. I pick up on it from all types of people.

Note that this never happens when I'm alone. Anyone else have something similiar to this?

Thoughts appreciated!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Please don't laugh, but this is a serious question..

Is the shudder, similar to the type that sometimes happens right after urination?

Yes, there is a George Carlin Comedy bit, about this as well

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tacho
I've had this for years and don't give it much thought.

I'll be walking in a store, down a street, etc. and pass someone when my whole body will involuntary shudder. Lasts all of a couple seconds but it's very noticable as my wife has commented on it. Doesn't happen very often - perhaps once or twice a month. Also has happened when I've driven past someone. It doesn't matter whether I actually look at the person or not, just that they are nearby.

I've assumed that I'm picking up something (negative) on some sort of spiritual level. When it happens, I'll look further at the person that I reacted to. I pick up on it from all types of people.

Note that this never happens when I'm alone. Anyone else have something similiar to this?

Thoughts appreciated!

Dont worry about it. My oppinion is that it comes from a rapid change in temerature or energies(kinetic, heat, sound). I sometimes get involontary shivers if im hot and then i go in a cold room or vice versa.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I have never thought about that myself, but occasionally it happens to me, too. These shuddering "attacks" are benign and nondisabling, and can mimic seizures. You may want to visit your doctor, though. Twice a month is frequent and there could be an underlying medical problem there. Is there a history of these attacks during your childhood? A family history? Please let me know....

Icelandia

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
They happen to everyone, and they are NOT paranormal.

It has to do with heat/energy changes throughout your body.

The cells and your body react to the outside world, therefore causing a change. This change is done through the shuddering, hence you get it.

Happens to everyone occasionally.

=]

-wD

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Is the shudder, similar to the type that sometimes happens right after urination?

I have no idea what you are talking about. This is like a cold shiver - involuntary.

Like I mentioned before, this happens as a pass someone, not when I'm alone, with friends, etc. It happens very quickly.

I don't recall specifically how long this has gone on. I'm not worried about it. I'm sure that it looks a little strange though...

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
When I got shudders (move like a body spam.. pretty freaky but finishes before it starts) I thought I was becoming epileptic, turned out though that I was just really tired. I shouldn't concerned If i were you. I would find it hard to believe that this is spiritually related but who am I to judge.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I shudder when i walk near certian people. I also shudder when i am cold. The differance is that my hair doesnt stand on end when i am cold.
Instead of avoiding the people who make you shudder, talk to them. Trust me, these people are usually pretty used to having strangers walk up to them and start a conversation. if these people are in fact the cause of your shudders, you might have a higher than average spiritual awareness. You should really look into this.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tacho

Originally posted by spacedoubt

I have no idea what you are talking about. This is like a cold shiver - involuntary.

Like I mentioned before, this happens as a pass someone, not when I'm alone, with friends, etc. It happens very quickly.

I don't recall specifically how long this has gone on. I'm not worried about it. I'm sure that it looks a little strange though...

Like Webdevil mentioned, it could be related to heat distribution,
thats why it's common after urination, a lot of heat is moved outside of the body.

It doesn't sound abnormal to me..but it does sound like you have noticed, and are now paying more attention to it..

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I've had these "shudders" on quite a few occasions and have wondered if others have also experienced it as well. It is quite strange, its happened to me while i was eating, walking, standing, sitting down and many other various occastions. Glad i found this post, thought i had some very very mild form of random ceribral paulsy!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
They happen to everyone, and they are NOT paranormal.

It has to do with heat/energy changes throughout your body.

The cells and your body react to the outside world, therefore causing a change. This change is done through the shuddering, hence you get it.

Happens to everyone occasionally.

=]

-wD

Exactly as I stated
. In my own oppinion, some people just seem to have bodies that are more reciptive than others to heat, thus, greater sensitivity to it when it occours.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
My Grandmother used to say, " Some one just walked across my grave!" when she had them -- ( she was a bit psychic as well, and might have been picking up on something )

I have the same feeling some times, like an 'ill wind' blew by.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I've felt that shudder, and I now recognize it as the presence of the Holy Spirit. I feel it often, but it is usually associated with deep spiritual thoughts and experiences, not with unknown passersby. What sort of thoughts are in or enter into your mind when or as this shudder occurs? You can read about my experience with it here -

My Epiphany

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
I've felt that shudder, and I now recognize it as the presence of the Holy Spirit. I feel it often, but it is usually associated with deep spiritual thoughts and experiences, not with unknown passersby. What sort of thoughts are in or enter into your mind when or as this shudder occurs? You can read about my experience with it here -

My Epiphany

My thoughts would be rather vague, definately not of a spiritual nature each time this happened. Perhaps I'm picking up something positive from the passerby, but I doubt it.

I read your experience - sounds fantastic.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Perhaps I'm picking up something positive from the passerby, but I doubt it.

Don't doubt it, sometimes you can react to people that you don't know. Get to know these people. This is like i said ealier on.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Is your feeling , then, a feeling of foreboding? Extreme distaste/disgust? Something so awful it makes you shudder? There are many unfortunates that walk the earth these days with no love in their hearts, and no faith in their souls. Perhaps that is what you sense, the void.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
There isn't any feeling, just the shaking. More often though, the person looks questionable like someone you wouldn't trust. I really try not to judge people by appearances.

Not to long ago when it happened it really surpised me as I had just passed the typical "little old lady." Probably was a serial killer.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Yeah, you really can't trust old people, they are some of the least suspecting, but they were young once to, and they know how to hide it. Sometimes, the most unexpecting old people give me bad vibes.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I get it all the time, and I would call it sub-conscious anxiety - anxiety that seems to happen without meaning or cause. We all get this, some worse than others. There are ways to get rid of it, such as hypnosis to find the problem.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Thao

Wow! I get something like this! I found this thread by googling for "involuntary distressing random thoughts" I have been ignoring thoughts and concepts that pop randomly into my mind for years. Especially at the most inapropriate moments. They are like "fly in the ointment thoughts"

For years, it made me mad that people were responding to me, it felt to me that they were reading my mind which I know is impossible, so what were they responding to?

After reading this thread, could I have actually been physically shuddering all this time despite my best efforts to act natural. I have never considered that I may have actually been shuddering in a subtle way.

For me too, this only happens when around people, not when alone. It has been quite disruptive in my life and I have avoided people as often as I can. Made life decisions based on this problem without a name.

For me it feels like my attention goes to the person. For me it is not discerning. Every second person I pass infact nearly every person, I get this involuntary attention towards them. I have tried so hard to handle this problem alone, but it only gets worse.

I am leaning towards OCD in my case, it is obviously not as subtle as the posters above.

I figured I would eventually snap out of it, but sometimes it feels like I am in my own personal hell.

Also, I get energies around my body that wont leave me alone. I swear, Im not nuts, but sometimes I wonder if those people that believe that UFO's are actually here on Earth probing humans may be true lol! These energies fixate and last for hours day in day out...around the genitals and well...you get the picture.

I had a violent childhood and my parents argued dramatically lots of beatings spilling over to the kids and stuff. I always have known I am damaged goods.

Everybody has their demons...isnt that what they say? I figure I am not alone with this. Thank you for this thread. I read every word!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join