It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jurassic Park, Here We Come ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This news has the potential to be very exciting. Scientists have actually recovered soft tissue from a 70 million year old T-Rex

According to the article, work is underway to try and recover actual dinosaur DNA.

Real Jurassic Park?

[edit on 3/24/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
This news has the potential to be very exciting. Scientists have actually recovered soft tissue from a 70 million year old T-Rex

According to the article, work is underway to try and recover actual dinosaur DNA.

Real Jurassic Park?

Pretty amazing indeed! It tends to make me doubt the 70 million year old age though.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Posted right here actually:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hmmm. I did check for previous threads, but have to admit I didn't think of looking in cryptozoology and mythical beasts - because that would definately be the wrong category for a story like this.

cryptozoology
Dictionarycryp·to·zo·ol·o·gy (krĭp'tō-zō-ŏl'ə-jē)
n.
The study of creatures, such as the Sasquatch, whose existence has not been substantiated.

The existence of T-Rex has definately been substantiated by science.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This is, for lack of better wording, frickin awesome. I will agree, though. Does this have implications about the falsehood of the MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS or years theory? This is such an awesome find and I really can't wait to see what we'll do with it. This one piece of soft tissue could completely change everything we've ever known about the beasts. Simply amazing.

Cheers,
nufan

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This thread already exists here on ATS and can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please post your thoughts and comments in the existing thread as this one is to be closed.

Thanks
FredT

new topics

top topics

join