It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could UFO's be a coverup?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 02:23 AM
link   
In another recent post someone stated that they didn't believe in UFO's, and that they are actually cover-ups for secret government operations. After thinking about this I realised that this is a very realistic theory. Maybe this is why so much info leaked out about Area 51, Roswell, and other UFO coverups. If the government didn't want the public to know anything about these things, they could male it to where even the president didn't even know it happened. Someone else said how it couldn't be the military, because they would not test their things over highly populated cities. But there again is another reason why it could be a cover-up. Perhaps the US government does test things over large cities to ensure that the idea of UFO's still lingers in everyone's minds. This is just a theory, but I wanted to hear what you guys thought about it... Heres a link t the original post: Original Thread

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
AMEN!!! This is what I've been thinking of for a long time. Like Dragonrider said, "this is probably the closest to the truth" If there were advanced aliens they'd either:
a
kill us
b
enslave us
c
or leave us alone

They wouldn't make an alliance with our government.
Aliens are not real, it's just a cover up

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Or they are so deep up to their necks in alien stuff that some of it is bound to leak out.

If that's the case C is a pretty good bet. Or you could even have D - they're helping us.

But then, who knows?

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well, could be true. But still, NWO would come up with something better. Also, they use secret project airplanes as a coverup for UFO's. Actually, tell people what it is so they don't believe you. Good job NWO!

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
interesting theory..I had never thought of that.
Thank You for opening up my mind

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
AMEN!!! This is what I've been thinking of for a long time. Like Dragonrider said, "this is probably the closest to the truth" If there were advanced aliens they'd either:
a
kill us
b
enslave us
c
or leave us alone

They wouldn't make an alliance with our government.
Aliens are not real, it's just a cover up

Tassadar

Not Really
Don't humans observe animals to find their behavior. It is true we slave them. It is a lot different in case of Aliens. First they must get here, that is tough. Maybe they are different type of life, like not aggresive, peaceful.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I think Aliens have to be real because who else would help the government with the programs they are covering up?

The X-Files has taught me to not trust the government and their plans to help the aliens colonize the Earth.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Wait, X-Files? LOL! Good one man!

ANyways, for some things it could. Like the flying wing projects. Keep the Russians off by saying it is a UFO, not a new plane.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
that's what I was thinking. Making up the story about UFO's to keep other countries out of their projects and things.

[Edited on 18-7-2003 by GiantsFan]

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Isn't it also safe to say that the thought of an alien race visiting the earth is just as plausible as the government creating magnetically driven aircraft? I feel that those that aren't super-religious and still able to think for themselves should truly delve into the alien mystery with open eyes and an open mind.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I dont think anyone can deny the existence of EBE's. If we follow that line of argument then we must acknowledge the existence of UFO's.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm not really that religious, because I'm a science and space freak, and after all I've read My mind has opened up to so many differen possibilities. I believe in aliens, but I'm also thinking that most of these UFO sightings are actually government experimental craft. I think with the Einstein and Tesla knowledge, we have created magnificent hovering craft that act like the aliens spaceships in these sightings.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I agree with your previous statement in full. By the way, Jeremy Shocey is the $hit. Go G-Men!

top topics

join