It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any one Know Any GOOD Books?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
any one know any good books to read, I am kinda bored. I have the entire summer to myself and its becoming pretty dull

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 01:42 AM
link   
go out and do something you've never tried. like white water rafting. or such.

want a good book to read? try the dune series.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I am very outgoing and I just prefare reading to calm myself down. Sorry to not specify but can someone give me a list of book names dealing with the paranormal?

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beast4rmDaEast
I am very outgoing and I just prefare reading to calm myself down. Sorry to not specify but can someone give me a list of book names dealing with the paranormal?

hmm.. u2u seekerof... he's got some great reading material,

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Meetings With Remarkable Men, Gurdjieff

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   
hrmm i dont know about paranormal books ...but i have one dealing with ancient civilizations called "Dead Men's Secrets" by johnathan Gray.

Very Good read.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Anything by Marianne Keyes.

She is a teriffic author. She's from Ireland and all her books are based around one family.

They are all great.....

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The gov'nor
Pretty Boy Roy Shaw
Charles Bronson (not the actor)
My Manor
Respect
Tarmac Warrior
Mad Frank
Dodgey Daves little black book
Stop the ride, I want to get off
Street Fighters

All true life crime books. there wicked

[Edited on 16-7-2003 by boomhaur]

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
"Our Haunted Planet" by John Keel...also he wrote "Mothman Phophecies" which is a killer book too.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
"House of Leaves" (forget the author). I remember ordering it from amazon. Heck of a book, its basically about a house that completely defies the laws of physics as we know it. An expedition is sent into the house....

Some of the pages are printed upsidedown, some are printed backwards, a very strange but intriguing book.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Arthur C Clarkes Odyssey series, 2001, 2010, 2061, 3001. Really good books, proper intelliegent sci-fi.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   
"Walk in Balance" by Sun Bear
"The Celestine Prophecy" by James Redfield
"Realization of Oneness, the Practice of Spiritual Healing" by Joel S. Goldsmith
"The Study and Practice of Astral Projection" by Dr. Robert Crookall
"Remember, Be Here Now" by Ram Dass with the Lama Foundation
"Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee an Indian History of the American West" by Dee Brown
"Wheels of Light a Study of the Chakras" by Rosalyn L. Bruyere

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
David Allen Hulse
The Key of It All
book two
the western mysteries

It has everything on Greek, Coptic, Runes(Elder Futhark), Latin, gos into some considerable depth on Enochian Angelic alphabets and watchtowers, Tarot, and has a mathimatical configuration for everything in the book.

Don't ask about book one,

Colin Wilson
The Occult

A great book that covers the classics and brushes up on history well.

Stephen Skinner
Millenium Prophacies

This was a special order book, it is printed and bound in Italy. And was first published by Carlton Books Limited.
awsome compilation for the end times.

World Religions
Just knowing about the other cultures beliefs helps one see the simularities found in almost every aspect of each people.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Just kiddin Advisor
I thought most of you forgot what a *book* was..I have an idea, how about just reading ATS threads. You wouldn't finish them all, trust me..

I do have some books, but I think you have enough replies already with many good reading material to last you..
Mag

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a good fiction book with great occult, illuminati, templar overtones is umberto eco's, "foucault's pendulum".

gurdieff and ouspensky have some excellent eye openers. "in search of the miraculous"(ouspensky) is a good start.

len horowitz's "healing codes for the biological apocalypse" is a great wake up call.

drunvalo melchezidek's "ancient secret of the flower of life" vol. 1 and 2 are a must read, says billybob.

"the hiram key", and "holy blood, holy grail" are essential for seekers.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
"Art of War" by Sun Tzu (I have the modern Chinese interpretation. half the book is the Real art of war, and the other is written by a top Chinese general. it is an AWESOME BOOK)

"The Prince" by Niccolo Machiavelli (haven't finished reading this one yet but i am impressed with so far.)

If you can get a copy of "Conquistadores" by Bob Langley, get it. its about an American who gets mixed up in events in Argentina just prior to the Falklands War.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar

"The Prince" by Niccolo Machiavelli (haven't finished reading this one yet but i am impressed with so far.)

Daystar, indeed it is a good read but may I suggest also reading some Cicero to balance the ideology out? I was really into Machiavelli's "might makes right" and "end justifies the means" rational when I was a younger man but maturity tends to season this liberal philosophy with a little conservative morality. I was first introduced in college in my political philosophy class and of all the authors I read, I always like Machiavelli the most however, I now see the danger in his some of his doctrine.

arc

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
depends if its fiction you're after....

Littlebig - John Crowley
Mythago Wood - Robert Holdstock
Earth's Children sequence - Jean Auel
Woman on the Edge of Time - Marge Piercy
Sign for the Sacred - Storm Constantine, also Hermetech

non fiction wise - hiram key, second messiah, anything on aquatic ape hypothesis

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Try TimeLine. Or other Micheal Chriton book. Or by Stephen King, they always good.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Readings in
Mythology and
Symbolism

Edited by
John Middleton
It's an American Museum Sourcebooks in Anthropology-
Published for
The american Museum of Natural History

I was going to have this in the first post I did, but couldn't find the book.
LoL

Took me long enough huh, oh well thats what happens when work calls...

I highly recommend this book, FOR EVERYONE

top topics

<<   2 >>

join