It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Navy's 30 year fleet plan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Lol, America is not a peaceful nation. What notion gave you that?

America was born in blood. (The Revolution, anybody?)

Just commenting on that,

On the issue of the military decreasement? Hm..I'm undecided on this. Though a smaller, more elite force may be useful, like it was stated, what happens when that small force needs to fall back to the main fleet, but that main fleet is not there to fall back on?

-wD

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phaethor

Originally posted by NWguy83
Attack submarines: The Navy plans to maintain a fleet of between 41 and 45 nuclear attack submarines, including four SSGN cruise missile conversions.

Aren't those SSGN Conversions already 20 plus years old already?

Phae

Yes they are, those were made on the 4 oldest Ohio class subs.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Lol, America is not a peaceful nation. What notion gave you that?

America was born in blood. (The Revolution, anybody?)

Just commenting on that,

So your saying americas a blood thirsty murdering genocidal nation then?
Just commenting on that.

On the issue of the military decreasement? Hm..I'm undecided on this. Though a smaller, more elite force may be useful, like it was stated, what happens when that small force needs to fall back to the main fleet, but that main fleet is not there to fall back on?

-wD

What fall back?
The small force wouldnt just "rush in all at once" it would still use similar tactics but on a smaller force, jeeez...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
America is a 'peace through strength' nation.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Why?
You dont need to be overaly strong to have peace...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
why are people complaining about size? we'll still be the 2nd biggest and the most advanced military on earth.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
what i would do is have 50 carrier battle groups, at least few thousand ships there for 50 carrier battle groups lol, now each flagship (the carriers) will name after a state.
but 50 carrier will make us broke lol, unless we are still in the cold war

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Why?
You dont need to be overaly strong to have peace...

If you have multiple enemies you do.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Only if you make them your enemies

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucretius
Only if you make them your enemies

Its pretty hard for America not to be enemies with countries like Iran and North Korea, who brainwash their population from childhood to hate America.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
LoL That 50 Carrier battle group idea is not that bad although it would cost. It would be just like the good ol days of WWII when we had over 2 million men in the Navy and thousands of ships.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Its pretty hard for America not to be enemies with countries like Iran and North Korea, who brainwash their population from childhood to hate America.

And why do you think they "brainwashed" thier children into specifically targeting america?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

And why do you think they "brainwashed" thier children into specifically targeting america?

Because many Muslims (Iran) believe America is the 'Great Satan'. And North Korea hates America because we kicked its a$$, before the Chinese got involved. And we 'are keeping the two Koreas from re-uniting'.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by NWguy83]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Because many Muslims (Iran) believe America is the 'Great Satan'.

No no thats WHAT they brainwash them I asked why....

And North Korea hates America because we kicked its a$$, before the Chinese got involved. And we 'are keeping the two Koreas from re-uniting'.

Korea almost threw the US force out of korea...you also didnt jut "kick ass" on your own...it was a multinational force...
Yeah they dont like you uniteing thier country...but that doesnt mean they hate you...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Because many Muslims (Iran) believe America is the 'Great Satan'.

No no thats WHAT they brainwash them I asked why....

And North Korea hates America because we kicked its a$$, before the Chinese got involved. And we 'are keeping the two Koreas from re-uniting'.

Korea almost threw the US force out of korea...you also didnt jut "kick ass" on your own...it was a multinational force...
Yeah they dont like you uniteing thier country...but that doesnt mean they hate you...

Yeah, and I told you why. They don't like us, just because. Hmm that sounds a lot like Europeans...

North Korea almost threw U.S forces out when there wasn't that many U.S Forces in Korea. Well it was mostly the U.S and South Korea. Kim Jong-il told Secretary Albright that North Koreans are taught from childhood to refer to Americans as 'those American bastards'.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Yeah, and I told you why. They don't like us, just because. Hmm that sounds a lot like Europeans...

No you told me WHAT they are teaching them and what they think of you but you still havent told me why, until you know the why you wont unsdestand

North Korea almost threw U.S forces out when there wasn't that many U.S Forces in Korea. Well it was mostly the U.S and South Korea.

Wha?
There wasnt that many US forces there then say it was mostly US and south korea?
REPOST MAN!
If you mean the UN then yes the majority was SK and then US but UN forces fought and done just as a good as any americans.

Kim Jong-il told Secretary Albright that North Koreans are taught from childhood to refer to Americans as 'those American bastards'.

Oh so we're going on the assupmtion of someone 50years ago?
Yeah society doesnt change much in 50 years....I mean its not like women would get the vote in 50 years of campaigning or that nigros wont get civil rights in 50 years...Wake up man...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Having foreign enemy helps to take the atention away from the domestic problems (Bush prooved it too
) . THere is a possibility of contra-revolution long ago in Iran, that is the reason for creating enemy. The same thing other muslim countries - they are supporting Palestinians against Israel - until the muslim terorists fight Izrael they cannot fight their goverments...
And the whole North Korea(and former east Europe) repressive comunistic system is based on existence of foreign enemies. The comunism should create paradise on Earth, so how could Kim explain why the people need to eat rats in order to survive? It must be all US and otherimperialists fault, that's clear...

[edit on 30-3-2005 by longbow]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
LoL That 50 Carrier battle group idea is not that bad although it would cost. It would be just like the good ol days of WWII when we had over 2 million men in the Navy and thousands of ships.

well, we are not in all out war yet, but when we do i hope we get 50 barrier battle groups hehe, WWII was an all out war.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
Having foreign enemy helps to take the atention away from the domestic problems (Bush prooved it too
) .

But there would need to be considerable time spent in brainwashing the previos generation not just this generation..

THere is a possibility of contra-revolution long ago in Iran, that is the reason for creating enemy. The same thing other muslim countries - they are supporting Palestinians against Israel - until the muslim terorists fight Izrael they cannot fight their goverments...

Why cant they?

And the whole North Korea(and former east Europe) repressive comunistic system is based on existence of foreign enemies. The comunism should create paradise on Earth, so how could Kim explain why the people need to eat rats in order to survive? It must be all US and otherimperialists fault, that's clear...
[edit on 30-3-2005 by longbow]

I think we cleared up that they dont hate the US if they did we would see every US citizen going there executed...
There is no communism there anyhow...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ritual
All is lost. We already proved how doomed we are.

Who cares about a navy, If they cant stop slow flying jumbo jets, what makes you think they can stop hypersonic missiles from blowing up naval ships. Nevermind its actual citizens its supposed to be protecting.

Yeah, tell that line to the people on that 747 that got splashed off Long Island. Or the Air-Bus of Iranians that got plunked into the Gulf. I think the Navy proved without a shadow of a doubt "what it could do."

It's not the equipment, it's the people and the short time allowed to make a crucial descision.

I know that sounds fecisious, but 9/11 was eithered allowed for neferious reasons or was an anomally that worked due to it unbelievability at that time.

I believe in wartime situations the US Navy is quite leathal on many levels.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join