It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are gun owners?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Why are gun owners treated as abnormal or even insane?

Hayseeds, hicks and clodpoles are assumed to be the only ones who really want or need the loud, scary and icky things. Most think that the NRA is nothing more than a collection of bigots and rednecks who have been cleverly manipulated into thinking that if full-auto machineguns are outlawed, the law would then come after Pappy's shotgun.

more info at: posseincitatus.typepad.com...

I personally don't think full automatic weapons are necessary and would love someone to tell me why they think they are. Otherwise, I feel it is certainly in the Constitution to have a right to bear arms. Other than these stupid assault weapons, what is wrong with owning a gun??

All sorts of people from all walks of life own guns. What's the big deal?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I definitely think full Auto arms should be legal to those who meet strict requirements. I mean, why not? I could probably do more damage with a 12 guage then i could a full auto rifle if i really wanted to kill... Responsible citizens should not have limits to what they can own as far as guns.

To me, its not about them being "necessary." Guns are a hobbie to many, and its not right to take that away because some misuse them.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If you ask me, it is a replacement for parental responsibility and a way to smooth over the fact that we can't keep criminals off the street.

"My son used my gun to kill someone accidentally." Well, where was the trigger lock? Where were the lessons to your son about not playing with guns?

Banning guns only keeps them out of the hands of those citizens who would actually obey such a law. Is a criminal really going to obey such a law?

As for automatic weapons, I've fired them but I personally don't feel the need to own one that works. Now, a collectible that's been made inoperable -- sure.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I definitely think full Auto arms should be legal to those who meet strict requirements. I mean, why not?

Why not? Why? It's a hobby you say?? Why not collect nuclear weapons and some C4 while you're at it? What would you consider to be srict requirements??

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

top topics

join