It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug Money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I had a conversation at work today about how most governments makes at least some of their money. I suggested that a big chunk of our government, the U.S. get its money from drugs.

Most people at my work laughed and taunted the very idea. When I asked how come that�s unbelievable the did not explain there reasons, they just continued to mock.

I believe that most people do not want to accept even the idea of this. Kind of interesting, what do you guys think?

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   
extreamely plausible, look at whitewater.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The majority of people are stupid and don�t even want to fathom the idea because the thought of their government really being corrupt scares, so they repress the thought. And they ridicule to silence you because they don�t want to think of something they don�t like.
Its like Plato�s story of the Cave.

I agree, other countries profit from the drugs
I think if other governments have done something you shouldn�t put it past your own government.

People think �the United States Government would never have someone assassinated, profit from the drug war, lie to its citizens, do anything wrong etc.

Have other governments committed such acts?
Yes, so what makes them think their gov�t wouldn�t do the same thing.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Nothing would surprise me. All Governments are bent!!

They take all our money from everyhting else, so they may well be making money from drugs.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   
There are many links to the CIA and drug sales, not to mention weapon sales. The government tested drugs on its on people ('___', anyone?), so why wouldn't it take kick-backs from the Colombians?

I don't think the government actively peddles drugs, but I do think they take a piece of the action from the drug lords and allow the flow of drugs to continue unabated. The "War on Drugs" is just as much bulls*@t as the "War on Terror."

Edited curse word by Observer.

[Edited on 17-7-2003 by observer]

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baal

Its like Plato�s story of the Cave.

I am relatively new to these boards, and usually just figure things out for myself, but the above sounds too intriguing to ignore. Someone want to tell me his story?

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Hmmm...that is some interesting stuff to wrap your mind around. Thanks kitty!

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I'd like to get my hands on some of that drug money. My dad and I volunteer to pick up trash alongside the freeways here in Arizona. We cover an area several hundred miles long. We keep joking about finding some drug money while we are policing the highway berm. So far we have found plenty of knives, lots of 20 dollar bills, several ounces of pot(not all at once), 4 fifty caliber ammo cans of hand tools, 5 five pound propane bottles, a surfboard, every kind of marijuana pipe imagineable, but no satchels filled with drug money.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 06:53 AM
link   
There is no doubt that drugs are an ongoing source of government money. Supposedly the drugs taken are sent to an icinerator, which is odd because in doing so they might aswell burn cash...

The want to keep the blackmarket up and running because of this I think. I dont think they will ever legalise pot etc, there is too much value. Dont you think the police are the main suppliers in the market?

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Supposedly the drugs taken are sent to an icinerator, which is odd because in doing so they might aswell burn cash...

especially think of the environmental reprecussions of burning off five tons of crystal meth and all the toxins that would release in to the atmosphere

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think the US govt TOTALLY makes $ off drugs.

There was a story in hightimes magazine a couple years back about how the cia was helping some coc aine traffickers and not others, the money was being directed supposedly at wall street. It doesnt surprise me. Whatever the estimate of how much money is made off drugs in the US is, take that and multiply by 100 and then youre in the ballpark.

It's like the movie traffic where some people are allowed to do their thing so law enforcement agencies can use them to go after certain "big dealers." Once the big guy is out of the way Mr. Smalltime moves up the ladder. This is like how Jay-z is popular now that tupac and biggie are gone...you know eventually there will be another wack rapper/drug dealer.

I mean give me a break if you think the war on drugs is going to stop anything, marijuana is the #1 cash crop in america being worth more than its weight in gold. Like the coast guard is going to pour 10 pallets of coke into the ocean. That would be like spending billions in nice even increments of 10-15-20 everytime the president writes his name on a piece of paper. Oh wait...

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
google + cia drug smuggling latin america = some very interesting answers.

new topics

top topics

join