It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran is indeed not Iraq - And arrogance has always led to the fall of the greatest empires...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I dont think americe is that stupid..
the leaders maybe.. but not america as a whole.
the public would turn on the leaders before they invaded Iran.

Katrina has let the cat out of the bag in terms of america's ability.

They cant handle the war on Iraq, and another major event.

Sep

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR
Thats the funniets thing i heard, Iran had 20 years to do this but do you see Ousama with those kind of weapons or any other terrorist groups popping out of CNN saying we got this and that? other than AK-47's and old busted up RPG's.

Mate, I think you misunderstood me. The gentleman before said that the US "could" blow Iran up back to the Stone Age using weapons at its disposal. And I said that Iran "could" use WMDs against the US if it wished through a proxy, such as hezbollah, in retaliation to the attack. I never mentioned that Iran would do it. Both sides have so far shown restraint in their policies and let’s hope that continues.

NR

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sep

Originally posted by NR
Thats the funniets thing i heard, Iran had 20 years to do this but do you see Ousama with those kind of weapons or any other terrorist groups popping out of CNN saying we got this and that? other than AK-47's and old busted up RPG's.

Mate, I think you misunderstood me. The gentleman before said that the US "could" blow Iran up back to the Stone Age using weapons at its disposal. And I said that Iran "could" use WMDs against the US if it wished through a proxy, such as hezbollah, in retaliation to the attack. I never mentioned that Iran would do it. Both sides have so far shown restraint in their policies and let’s hope that continues.

if i misunderstood than my apology, I think Syria will also play a major role but mostly hizbullah, again lets hope theres no war, khomieni also wants more peace between us but not with Isreal, not surprised on that one.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

Originally posted by Siroos

Do you think that USA has fought a real battle in Iraq? they haven't. They are there, but not really in a full-fighting war. They are basically there as keepers, guards, not fighters.

If USA gets angry, then Iraq, Iran and all their neighbours could be annihillated in one day. So please revise your opinion and ask for world peace.

Although quite simply put, this post has some great reflections. Do many of you really think that the US went into this war in full military terms? Hell the conventional side of the war was over in a matter of weeks with a 150,000 US troups. Now, other than the occasional offensive missions, our troops are mostly there helping police the streets and help train Iraqi's to take control of their country. A terrible way to judge military capabilites if you ask me. The administration is doing the least it can, with a minimal amount of troops ever since the power of the old regime was removed.

If a war was imminent with Iran, the US military could operate war on a much larger scale. While the US should not underestimate a foe like Iran, however, I think it would be much wiser for Iran not to underestimate the capabilities of the US. Before the first gulf war, Iraq was simular to Iran, if not stronger militarily. Their demise came within a matter of weeks. Recently Iraq was not quite to par with itself as in the first guld war, but it still had some very capable defenses and weapons. Their demise came within a matter of weeks.

Some can blame me for nationalistic fantasy all they want, and Iran can have all the pride and patriotism that it wants. Im sure the Iraqi's did the same through both gulf wars. But after years of military advancement and build up from the world wars to the Cold war to the present, the facts simply show that the US is made for multiple wars on a much grander scale. A super power manuevers its pawns and tools internationally and picks its time to move in at its choosing. I don't doubt that after an intitial war, holding and maintaning Iran would be a difficult task. However, in the brunt force to force conventional war Iran is simply out matched.

en.wikipedia.org...

Carburetor

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siroos

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by Croat56
Hmm Im sure the soviet union thought the same thing when they invaded afghanistan. Look what happened to them.

Yes, and look what happened when the US came in with under 30,000 troops

This is simply no contest, it is pro's vs middle schoolers, the elite of the world vs an also ran, a 800 pound guarilla vs a baby chimp.

If the US was a human, Iran would be a cock roach we would step on.

You should add "mentally disturbed" to trigger happy american cowboy! You're no freaking elite! Sure you might be the elite of spitting out trash all around the world with your sick culture of violence and vulgarity. A country where slaves would exist only a little more than a hundred years ago, and where apartheid existed only some 45-50 years ago is the elite of hypocrisy when it beats its chest trumpeting out that its going to deliver democracy to the world. You don't even have a real democracy in your own country (which once belonged to the native Indian tribes) and you're going to deliver it to others? You're the elite of freaks, of serial murderers, of obesity, of junk food, of corruption and greed, of violence and crime, of trigger happy cowboys. America is about to collapse and it doesn't matter how freaking trigger happy you are cowboy - you better replace your cowboy hat with a helmet because when the U.S. will crumble it will it will hit you hard. Your society is infested with incompetence, and its all because of greed and selfishness and decadence. Incompetense on every level from the bottom to the top, and it will only get worse! In some 20 years from now the majority of Americans will be non-whites - How are you going to deal with that?

You can dish it out, but you sure cant take it.

Mod Note – You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 30/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

<< 12  13  14   >>

join