It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New sightings of Chinese "Lake Tianchi Monster".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This is the first time I've heard of lake monsters in China. Anyway, here is the link:

story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20030715/od_nm/life_china_monster_dc_1

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I didn't know there was a Chinese version of a loch ness monster. Maybe its godzilla.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I knew that there was a Chinese version of the loch ness Monster in in china....there has been other ones seen or "seen" around the world. I think there's even one in the US too...

I really don't know if the guy in the article was faking his "experience" or not...since there was no actual photo...but is sad to think that if they are real, people exploit them and use them to get their 15 minutes of fame...

[Edited on 16-7-2003 by Curiosity]

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   

People's Daily
A group of soldiers claims to have spotted China's "Loch Ness Monster", the second sighting of the mysterious animal in Tianchi Lake in northeast China's Jilin Province in less than a month.

The animal had a round, black head with 10-centimeter horns and appeared to have scales on its back, Yu said.

The soldiers watched the animal swimming for about two minutes,he said. A report earlier this month said a similar animal was seen five times during a period of about 50 minutes. There have been reports of monsters in the lake since the beginning of last century, although none has ever seen one up close.

Tianchi Lake, on top of Changbai Mountains in northeast China, has been recognized as the highest volcanic lake in the world.

PEOPLE'S DAILY STORY

Some call this China's LochNess Monster, I wonder if our beloved colleague in China, Estragon, has heard of any stories of this "monster".

ID

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
These sightings are becoming more frequent, maybe the plesiosaurs is making a come back.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I never knew there was a lake monster in China. I'll have to read more about it.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Explanation of mysterious 'Tianchi monster'

A senior researcher from the National Academy of Science of The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) said the "Tianchi monster" a Chinese photographer caught on film last month is probably the mutated offspring of trout stocked by the North Korea 40 years ago.

77-year-old Kim Li-tae said during an interview with the Choson Shinbo, a newspaper published by the General Association of Korean Residents in Japan, that he was one of the North Korean researchers who released nine trout into Tianchi Lake, located on Changbai Mountain, on July 30, 1960. At a later date they released other species of fish such as carp and mosquito fish into the lake.

Generally fish cannot survive in a lake created by volcanic activity, but the Korean researchers have proven through experiments that fish can be transplanted live into the lake. Fish stocked by the researchers could survive by eating insects and other creatures blown to the lake by strong winds. The fish mutate during growth and form new varieties, so the trout they stocked might now be called "Tianchi trout," Kim said.

In 2000, the Korean researchers did experimental tests on "Tianchi trout" found in shoal waters that measured 85 centimeters in length and weighed 7.7 kilos, but they've never been able to test trout from the deeper waters of Tianchi Lake. The "Tianchi monster" that Chinese photographer Zhuo Yongsheng, who works for a local TV station run by the administration office of the nature reserve at Mount Changbaishan, Jilin Province captured on film last month, might be a "Tianchi trout" from the deep of the lake, Kim said.

Tianchi Lake is China's biggest and deepest volcanic lake, with an area of 9.8 square kilometers, and water surface 2,198 meters above sea level. The average water depth of the lake is 204 meters and the deepest spot is 373 meters.

Earliest record of "monsters" date back over 150 years, but in the past decade the "monster" only appears in the summer.

SOURCE

Mutated trout?!
Weird stuff.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
DPRK is involved... Oh brother... Look at your source people Look at your source.

You can't believe anything that these guys state.

Horns and Scales... Just like the Chinese New Years Float. Everything Chinese people see will have the same features.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Curiosity

Yep, there is one in the US. He lives in lake Champlain, the largest lake in New England (Although technically not IN New England, it straddles the VT/NY border)

It's a glacially-formed lake with depths over 500 ft, If I remember correctly.

The Monster (or Monsters, some believe) have been nicknamed 'Champ'

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
i think anything is possible there have been a large increase in monster siteings and a group of us have come to beleave that these are creatures that have fawd out in the ice and are trying to adapt to modin day life and going to there natural grounds the bad thing is alot of people make up siteing and make it in possible for uus to traice wat is true and wat isnt wat i am saying is that if there is proof the goverment specal forces hide it and research it them selves the one thing i found very interesting was something that doesnt have much closeness to this subjct but the siteings of megalodon has gone up stupiditly in the last 3 year and for those who dont know a megalodon is ment to be an extenked shark the size of a very very big bus with teeth tyhey were called the royalty of the ocean thats just a little bit of imformation i cant say much more it is to dangerous over the web

new topics

top topics

join