It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

masons are what???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by klain
ok im kinda mixed about this some websites ive found when researching them say they all belive in one god where as others say they are like minded people who have regular talks about world politics etc and others say they are evil power hungrey group

so which is it?
a relegion?
a intellectual group?
or a evil secret societite?

It's A LOT to talk about, so I'll sum it up for you. Click on the links provided for you and do some research to form your own opinion.

Freemasonry is not a religion, but rather an organization that allows members from all religions. Any references to God, or through prayer, etc. etc. are done to the Great Architect of the Universe, which is an embodiment of an individual mason's personal God. For a Christian the GAOTU is God, for a Muslim its Allah, and for a Buddhist its Buddha, etc. etc. In other words, religion IS a part of the teachings and morals of masonry, but it's non-denominational. Masonry is not a religion.

It is a fraternity that teaches moral lessons through the use of rituals and symbolism. These rituals are called "degrees", and they use allegory, a form of play, to teach legends that convey different lessons to the candidate.

Aside from that, its a fraternity that teaches its members to be better men through charity. one of the biggest parts of masonry is volunteering and donating, helping those less fortunate than ourselves. We are taught that THAT is the way to being the best person we can be.

The brotherhood aspect of masonry is much like any other fraternity, except that it is the largest in the world, you can find masons anywhere you go, and the bond between masons is, in my opinion (though I am a little biased), stronger than most fraternities I've seen.

If you want to learn falsities about masonry, then listen to MrNecros and Akilles. They've wasted years out of their lives trying to slander the fraternity and convince people of things that are truly absurd. but hey, it's their choice.

I hope that helps. Please do some research, you'll find many interesting sites full of information about a great institution that has, for hundreds of years, helped men become better citizens.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

Originally posted by sebatwerk
YOU FINALLY DID IT SENRAK!!!

LOL! I guess in a way it's my fault. The other day I sent stalkingwolf a U2U that said "If I could only find a troll eating fruitcake..." The rest is history.

Actually, you sent me that U2U... hence me saying "you finally did it!"...

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

may i ask what the hell the pic was about

Why...that's quite obviously a troll eating fruit-cake. Appropriate for Necros, I'm sure.

Well...when secret and open groups have kept totally quiet about Staged mass murder Events through history, 911 to the Middle East for recent example, you know they are buried.

[edit on 24-3-2005 by ThePunisher]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePunisher
Well...when secret and open groups have kept totally quiet about Staged mass murder Events through history, 911 to the Middle East for recent example, you know they are buried.

Yeah! What you said!

err....what???

Is it just my glass of Merlot or does that make ZERO sense?????

[edit on 24-3-2005 by senrak]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Yeah! What you said!

err....what???

A long standing mason PLAYING dumb, whatever next.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Yeah! What you said!

err....what???

A long standing mason PLAYING dumb, whatever next.

Actually, I don't understand what you were trying to say either. What do you mean by "you know they are buried"? And how have these groups "kept quiet" about those events?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
hrm if he really is in the know i wonder if we could get him to reveal anything or is my mind in conspiracy over-drive

cheers for the links by the way sebatwerk

[edit on 25-3-2005 by klain]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

so which is it?

a relegion?

a intellectual group?

or a evil secret societite?

None of the above, although "intellectual group" probably is the closest. Masonry is an international fraternal organization that functions similarly to social clubs. It has a ceremonial nature, which is intellectual and mystical, and this is usually studied by our members who have that sort of interest. Other members have no such interest, and usually enjoy Masonry for its charitable endeavors, fellowship, banquets, etc. Simply put, there's something in Masonry for almost everyone.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
thanks for clearing up if it is a group of intellectuals i would love to join not saying im intellectual but i like polical debates and genetics all sort of things like that

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

thanks for clearing up if it is a group of intellectuals i would love to join not saying im intellectual but i like polical debates and genetics all sort of things like that

Political debates are considered very taboo within Masonic Lodges; in fact, they have been officially banned, along with religious debates. The ban on political and religious wrangling probably began in the 17th century, and is still enforced.

That's not to say that political science is ignored, but only that petty partisan bickering is not allowed.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
thats kool i would not bicker anyways o yeh is the moral issues on genetics banned as well?

[edit on 25-3-2005 by klain]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

thats kool i would not bicker anyways o yeh is the moral issues on genetics banned as well?

No, but genetics aren't mentioned in Masonry. On this point, it is important to remember that Masonry is very old, and the different philosophies spoken of in the fraternity's ceremonies and legends pre-date modern genetic sciences. Things like Greek philosophy and Kantian ethics are found throughout Masonry, but very little of the post-18th century sciences.

Outside of the ceremonies, Masonic meetings are, for the most part, social club gatherings, and there isn't much debate about anything like that. Masonic debates occur when a member makes some sort of motion, has it seconded, and the question must be debated before being voted upon. These types are debates are not intellectual, but have to do with Lodge business (for example, you make a motion we repave the Lodge parking lot, I second it, the question is debated, and finally the Master calls for a vote). Masonic meetings follow Robert's Rules of Order, and only pertinent business relating to the Lodge is discussed. After the meeting at the Festive Board, however, members are free to discuss whatever issues they'd like.

[edit on 25-3-2005 by Masonic Light]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
i mean no disrespect but it seems a little stupid not to get with the time i can understand keeping to traditions but why not talk about such things if they are intellectuals they should be broadening there minds not limiting them

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

i mean no disrespect but it seems a little stupid not to get with the time i can understand keeping to traditions but why not talk about such things if they are intellectuals they should be broadening there minds not limiting them

I think it comes down to the nature of the fraternity, i.e., such discussions would seem out of place. What could happen, however, would be something like the following:

Suppose you yourself became a Mason. After having studied the rituals and their teachings concerning morality, you could write a research paper concerning your views on whether certain genetic sciences conflict with morality, and then apply such moral views to what is said in the initiation rituals concerning ethics. You could then read your paper to the Lodge as part of the Masonic Education program.

It is normal for many Lodges to have such speakers. Some papers I've seen presented deal with things as different as the Ancient Mysteries, Masonic symbolism in Mormonism, Masonry during the American Revolution, and Masonry's influence on other fraternal orders such as the Elks and Knights of Pythias.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
wow i dunno and from what ive heard there all upper lass is this true?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What I am having trouble understanding, is why the 2 main principles of thought on fraternal orders like the masonry bicker to each other.

Can't they both be correct?

Why is it not plausible that the actual case is infact:

A. That there is a great degree (pun intended) of manipulation and secrecy going on the higher up the ladder you go in fraternal orders (political and religious alike).

&

B. That there are also plenty of honourable patrons gathered in council to better themselves and their society as men and masons alike, with divine theological and occult understanding in mind.

Don't get me wrong, Mr Necros is making some rather large, even baffling claims at times, but why throw out his entire arguement out the window? I tend to think that the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.

In such, I recommend that if you are interested in the masonry, start reading their literature. As with anything, try to take it with a grain of salt. I recommend you look into Albert Pike's Morals and Dogma. I will post some links that are for and against the man and his work, along with the whole book itself, online for your reading pleasure.

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

www.freemasonrywatch.org...

www.phoenixmasonry.org...

I will post some quotes later that may be of some interest to those of you that are in the craft.

"If a path to the better there be, it begins with a full look at the worst"

- Thomas Hardy, 1887

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
everything controls your mind if you let it...your domestication process as you grow through the years..the schools you attend to,the newspaper and television,all the bibles,your friends,your emotions..everything..if you allow it.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Light Being
Why is it not plausible that the actual case is infact:

A. That there is a great degree (pun intended) of manipulation and secrecy going on the higher up the ladder you go in fraternal orders (political and religious alike).

&l

B. That there are also plenty of honourable patrons gathered in council to better themselves and their society as men and masons alike, with divine theological and occult understanding in mind.

This is not possible simpy because those who have been in the fraternity, who have been "up the ladder", know what it's like and know that this is simply not possible. I hate to be so closed to other possibilities, but I've experienced it for myself, I know MANY who have, and I also know that the structure of the fraternity in general doesn't allow for anything like what others claim.

Additionally, there is TONS of evidence supporting mason's claims, and i've seen absolutely NONE to support theirs. If I saw some conclusive proof, I would be open to the possiility. But I haven't and there doesn't seem to be any. That's why it's not possible for both sides to be correct.

[edit on 25-3-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Masonic light is right.

I think more reasearch and a better study of what masonary is about is a good thing.

Interesting subject.

Heres to more!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I'm not quite sure how I'm making any large baffling claims really, its pretty straight forward.
Freemasonry is a mind control cult, if you think mind control cults are in the same basket as "little green men" and werewolves...ummm then you have a problem.
Do they use drugs? YES, in my personal experience they use drugs extensively (particularly Benzodiazopine group) on both Initiates and the general public, they may even continue to use them on each other in higher degree rituals and suchlike.

Anyway its not like I'm the only one sayiong it, hundreds even thousands of people have left the cult and written books on it over the last 300 years, it's almost impressive that they can stand there "bull-sh*tting 'till it hurts" saying nothing but denying everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join