It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do all religions prophesize the end of the world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Do all religions prophesize the end of the world? Do the asian,indians,and other cultures believe the end is coming as well?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm not sure about all of them but I know the Hindus sure do. They believe in the Yugas, which are basically cosmological seaons. We are currently in the last of the four season, Kali Yuga, which signifies the lowest state of man.

For more info:
pages.zoom.co.uk...

It is surprising how accurate some of these predictions are. I do, however, think that the wisdom of the ancients far surpasses the knowledge of modern man.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Nope. They sure don't... at least, not originally.

NOW... let me add that of late there's been a lot of blending with some of the Christian apocalyptic ideology. So some of the revisionist/more recent Native American prophecies talk about this. Wiccans, Celtic Reconstructionists (most of the reconstructionist religions), Deists, Asatru, Buddhists (most sects), Judaism (right... the Jews do NOT believe in the end of the world scenario), Santaria, Voodoo, Satanists, many Christian sects do not believe it, I don't think the Bah'ai believe in it, either.

...and that's just off the top of my head.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
*flips through the dictionary looking for prophesize*

Ahhh Where is it!?

*Throws the dictionary out of fustration*

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Judaism does not. Nor, I would assume, does Buddhism, though that's more of a philosophy than a religion.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Nope. They sure don't... at least, not originally.

NOW... let me add that of late there's been a lot of blending with some of the Christian apocalyptic ideology. So some of the revisionist/more recent Native American prophecies talk about this. Wiccans, Celtic Reconstructionists (most of the reconstructionist religions), Deists, Asatru, Buddhists (most sects), Judaism (right... the Jews do NOT believe in the end of the world scenario), Santaria, Voodoo, Satanists, many Christian sects do not believe it, I don't think the Bah'ai believe in it, either.

...and that's just off the top of my head.

Dont forget the Unitarians.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecry
Do all religions prophesize the end of the world? Do the asian,indians,and other cultures believe the end is coming as well?

Just to point out real quick, "Asian" is not a religion.

I'm sure other religions have made predictions of the end of the world. Hell, even I have.

Here are a few end of the world religions.

Christianity
Hinduism
Islam
Mayan

Those are just a few.

Exit Mundi - A whole lot of End of the World scenarios.

-Chris

[edit on 3/24/2005 by Legend]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The Christian faith does not teach an "end of the world". It teaches the end of an age. It teaches about a severe time at the end of the age. The world does not end though. It is changed for the better when the final battle of good and evil is finished.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
on a similar topic-end of the world-has anyone else noticed that it's now coming to tv? I saw an ad the other night about this show on NBC called revelations-it's supposedly about the battle of good and evil, relying heavily on scripture from Revelations.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Billions of worlds end every day of the week.

Isn't it nice to have doomsday religions to make you feel special about the one you abuse, homo sapiens.

new topics

top topics

join