It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iraq Insurgents Using Children, Corpses for Bombs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Classified State Department documents has revealed the scope and tactics used bu the insurgents in Iraq. From placing explosives in dead animals to dressing explosive laden mannequins dressed as U.S. soldiers, the tactics continue to evolve. Most disturbing however is the report that the insurgents are using children to place the explosives.

abcnews.go.com
BAGHDAD, Iraq, March 23, 2005 — Iraqi militants this week have suffered some of the heaviest single-day death tolls in the two-year insurgency. But ABC News has learned that a State Department document indicates the insurgency's tactics are continuing to evolve. These new techniques include using children to carry explosive devices and booby-trapping corpses with bombs.

In three days, U.S. and Iraqi troops have killed at least 128 militants nationwide, and military officials announced today that 85 insurgents died during a Tuesday raid in central Iraq.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Its amazing to see that even fruit like a melon has been used. However, it it so surprising that the insurgency would stoop so low as to use children to emplace the devices? No, they have shown an utter disregard for the Iraqi people. As the insurgents become increasingly desperate, I would expect that thier tactics will get much more barbaric and savage before they are eliminated.

[edit on 3/24/05 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Blame it on Islam and Allah. Dear Allah, this is what your followers do with their children who they do not cherish but use to cause more death and carnage.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Man, that is truly sad.....

Now someone is gonna come on here and blame it on the U.S. or make some anti-bush statement......the point is kids are dying at the hands of
heartless men who follow a false god...

What kind of man/god allows this to happen

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Hey this whole thing called LIFE, is just how God weeds out the good from the bad, the believer from the non, and you my friend... well I think its safe to say "I know where youre going".

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
This does not surprise me from the "religon of peace" Using children laden with explosives to inflict injuries to coalition forces is about as low as you can get. These people are less than human and these actions prove it. I think our troops are doing a good job with everything considered. It must be tough on them though, not knowing that every person they meet is either friend or foe. I say keep up the good job and hurry home alive in one peice.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
dev add
Something that I have come to exspect in my years, is when your going to say that something some one has done is wrong, bad choice, vile, ect. They will almost always bend and twist to put the blame on some one, or some thing else.
And yes it is rather sad

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
No real surprise there. The value of human life is only that which is tradable to achieve a means.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Why is it hard to imagine that these people stoop to using children? This is a favorite tactic practiced by terrorist for years. It creates the shock factor that they are looking for. This ungodly and inhuman thinking is taught in Mosgues and in schools. They justify their actions saying this is Jihad, that America is the great Satan, that all infidels should die. There are extremist right here on ATS that glorify the freedom fighters and their holly fight. There's the homegrown anti-american faction that says this is an illegal war and we are spreading Imperialism abroad in the name of capitalism or the nwo. These radicals will stop at nothing, no amount of death and sufferering will appease their bloodlust. They have sunk below the depths of human depravity. What you see here is a new species of sub-human that cares nothing for its own children. This should be enough to scare the hell out of any sane people on this planet. Why are we in Iraq? Forget the f***** oil or missing WMD's. Is it not enough to make a stand for humanity?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I find very disturbing as any other American that they will go so low as to used death bodies of children for their cause.

They are indeed getting very smart at what they are doing, I wonder if as long as our troops are in Iraq, this will ever stop, the reality is that our soldiers are dying and so many Innocent civilians caught in the struggle with the insurgents.

I agree with Yorga in the sense that they are out to create the effect they one.

JAK

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yes, it is surprising that the insurgency would stoop so low as to use children to emplace the devices.

So surprising I don't believe it. Sorry US but I can't swallow any more one sided bull# for a while.

Even of they are, and I am not agreeing, but even if they are. What did the US expect? I have seen the corpses of two Israeli soldiers thrown to a baying crowd or Arabs, who even though they were already dead, still went wild on them.

You should have thought harder or not whine about the tactics used. Grow up a little. Get a grip on reality, you know no-one can oppose you militarily, what tactics did you think would be used?

BBL

[*sp]

[edit on 24/3/05 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it isn't happening. Have you been to Iraq recently? Do you know anyone there or has been there recently?

I seriously doubt it.

It's funny how people who claim these people are freedom fighters are usually quite in threads like this.
"But, wouldn't you do the same if someone invaded your land"
No.

JAK

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What?

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Wow, fantastic insight. Do you really think that sentence was required?

Have you been to Iraq recently? Do you know anyone there or has been there recently?

I seriously doubt it.

Yes, you are right. How could I possibly form an opinion, especially one contrary to that which the mainstream media would spoon-feed me, without actually being there?

It's funny how people who claim these people are freedom fighters are usually quite in threads like this.
"But, wouldn't you do the same if someone invaded your land"
No.

Was that aimed at me? How ironic that the country who's current 'patriotism' balances so delicately on the border of xenophobia should make comments about the lengths that one should go to defend one's way of life.

Would I do the same? Depends what you mean, what length you believe these insurgents have gone to.

Would I take up arms? If I believed the invasion unwarrented yes. Would I behead, plant bombs on childrens corpses?

Don't be crass.

Jack

*sp

[edit on 24/3/05 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Yes, you are right. How could I possibly form an opinion, especially one contrary to that which the mainstream media would spoon-feed me, without actually being there?

Maybe it's just me but I like it when people form educated opinions.

You haven't given any other explanations so I assume you don't believe it because a mainstream news media outlet reported it. Does this mean when secondary news reports it then you'll believe?

Was that aimed at me? How ironic that the country who's current 'patriotism' balances so delicately on the border of xenophobia should make comments about the lengths that one should go to defend one's way of life.

Would I do the same? Depends what you mean, what length you believe these insurgents have gone to.

Would I take up arms? If I believed the invasion unwarrented yes. Would I behead, plant bombs on childrens corpses?

Don't be crass.

No, it wasn't directed at you.

Unless you call these disgusting terrorists who have no regard for human life freedom fighters...

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
But of course, these tactics were never used by Jihadists before the invasion of Iraq. Never used in other conflicts over the past few decades or so.

Bah.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. And now with the internet those who ignore history do their best to make sure no one else pays attention either.

If Al-Jazeera comes out tomorrow praising the "sacrifices" of these children, will you accept it then? Interesting when this media you don't believe reports the ravings of a communist Italian reporter, it's all Allah's truth. When it doesn't fit your ideology, then it's US led propaganda.

In your further posts, you fall back on the propagandists' best tactic: ridicule your enemy. Do not argue logically, make statements that cannot be proven-make them as truth, and call your opponent names. Works great for the leftists here, too bad the neo-conservatives suck so badly at it that their attempts are blatantly transparent.

Deny ignorance. Don't justify it.

Originally posted by JAK
Yes, it is surprising that the insurgency would stoop so low as to use children to emplace the devices.

So surprising I don't believe it. Sorry US but I can't swallow any more one sided bull# for a while.

Even of they are, and I am not agreeing, but even if they are. What did the US expect? I have seen the corpses of two Israeli soldiers thrown to a baying crowd or Arabs, who even though they were already dead, still went wild on them.

You should have thought harder or not whine about the tactics used. Grow up a little. Get a grip on reality, you know no-one can oppose you militarily, what tactics did you think would be used?

BBL

[*sp]

[edit on 24/3/05 by JAK]

JAK

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I am getting more and more disillusioned here.

Not with the differing viewpoints, but just how people interpret certain things.

Originally posted by Phugedaboudet
In your further posts, you fall back on the propagandists' best tactic: ridicule your enemy.

Ridicule? WTF?

Ridicule

Deny ignorance, not dictionaries. Now that's ridicule.

Jack

[edit on 24/3/05 by JAK]

new topics

top topics

join