It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Henderson, Nevada - Naval Base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Found this on www.anomalies-unlimited.com
Tell me your feelings on it.

Henderson, Nevada - Naval Base
This one's interesting. I was in Henderson on May 3-4, 1988 on one of my Death Valley/Ghost Town/Photography/Screw the World jaunts. (I love Death Valley). I remembered it vividly because I just got tired of driving and happened to turn off for the night and there I was in Henderson. It was a sleepy, dusty town. I ended up in this strange hotel that seemed like part of an old 1940s horror movie, run by the nicest people you'd want to meet. I love stuff like that. They were so surprized to see a visitor they gave me the room for a few bucks. The next morning (May 4) I left and was about two hours from town, trying to get anything on the radio but static, when I heard a news report that there had been a terrible accident in Henderson and the "marshmallow factory" had blown up, killing several people and causing a massive fire. I couldn't believe it...I was just there! I just missed it. If I had been my usual Never In A Hurry self, I'd still be there. I saw the smoke not too long after, still driving; Henderson burning hours away.
Then I heard that what had in fact blown up was a government chemical/bomb plant. I was stunned. This sleepy little dusty town had a bomb plant? Huh? I couldn't find a thing online about the original lie that it was a marshmallow plant. I KNOW they said that - in fact I had called home a few hours after this happened to let them know I was OK because I had called the night before and they knew I's stayed there. I asked them, now - if they remembered me calling and this story? and they did. It made no sense at all to me. What also doesn't make sense is how 4,500 tons of ammonium perchlorate can be in the middle of a town and now it's surrounded by homes. In May, 1991 a huge release of chlorine occurred in Henderson - are we that expendable?

Brian sent me this:
".... Do you know anything about a NAVAL base out in the middle of the Nevada desert? I want to say Hawthorn, or Henderson, or something like that? About half way between LV and Reno. I was up that way a couple years ago helping out with tech inspection for while making the drive from Vegas to Reno, out in the middle of nowhere, is this damn NAVAL base! Wow, that's strange I think, so I go though the little town of the same name, and then I see a HUGE lake, also "in the middle of nowhere" and not really looking developed for "public use". What really weird is that the entire lake looks as if it could be only a few feet deep, VERY slightly angled shores (no steep inclines, like a boat ramp, except from the cliffs of the mountain it sits against) and actually could almost pass for simply a rain or run off"pond" if its acreage wasn't so big. Yet, out in the middle of this "shallow" lake (starting at the shore of the shallowest looking end), is an almost perfectly straight, dead centered, dead calm "strip" of water (you now the "still waters run deep" expression, its true). Coincidentally enough, this entire end of the lake (about 80% of the lake in fact) is posted,,,yep, you guessed it,, "OFF LIMITS" with the familiar red and white govt issue signs.
Well, the guy that was riding with me to Reno grew up in the Vegas area, and says the rumor is that the Naval base designs/builds super secret submarines, and the "trench" at the end of the lake is in fact the opening of a long underground water tunnel leading back to the base, so they can test the subs in the lake, and "supposedly" this is the deepest lake in the US, or maybe the world".

[edit on 23-3-2005 by Codycougar91]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure if the Naval Base is still there. I have lived out here for 5 years now and have not seen it. However, I did use to work at a caustic chemical plant in Henderson. We made hydrogen and the byproducts (hydrochloric acid, etc.)

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Are you talking of Hawthorn or Henderson????

Henderson is near Vegas. Hawthorn is about halfway between Vegas and Reno.

Henderson had a HUGE chemical plant explosion several years ago. That incident is still a case study in firefighting courses. It is considered one of the largest accidental non-nuclear explosions ever to occur (Yeah, it was an industrial accident. No conspiracy theory there). I don't know if the plant had a local nickname of the 'marshmallow plant' or not. At the time of the explosion the plant was pretty far out in the desert. Now the town has grown out to the perimeter of the plant.

Hawthorn has a Naval Weapons Center on the outskirts. Weapons are tested and stored here because it is out in the middle of nowhere. Most other naval facilities are on the coast near populated areas where storing large numbers of things that go boom is not wise. Hawthorn is also near Walker Lake. Highway 95 goes through the city of Hawthorn and along the lake. Never heard any submarine story about the lake. That sounds fishy.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Like the guy above me said, Henderson doesnt have a Naval base. Hawthorne I believe does. It is also a supply/ammo depo.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
there is a naval base in fallon, nevada

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tongues of fire
there is a naval base in fallon, nevada

Naval Air Station in Fallon. Navy fighter aircraft training. I think part of the Top Gun School is held there (other nations also utilize the training facility, so you can see aircraft from other countries. It is not a NWO/UN takeover thing).

join