It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tot Takes "Crack Treats" to School

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
wcco.com...

Is this insane or what?

Read on...

CBS
Video
Police say a first grader passed out crack coc aine in school, thinking it was candy, Mike Parker reports.
Tot Takes Crack 'Treats' To School

Police Are Searching For His Mother

Mar 22, 2005 12:23 pm US/Central
CHICAGO HEIGHTS, Ill. (AP) Authorities in Illinois are searching for the mother of a first-grader who brought 40 bags of crack coc aine to school.

Officials say the boy thought the drugs were candy, and began passing them out to his classmates in Chicago Heights Friday.

Police say the boy won't be charged with a crime, but his mother and other relatives could face narcotics and child endangerment charges.

Child welfare authorities have placed the boy in a relative's home.

Police say the boy apparently lived in a household where drug dealing was going on, and someone had apparently used his book bag as a hiding place for the crack.

The child wont be charged? Were they even considering it? A first grader?

I sure hope they throw the parents in the slammer for a long long time.

Out of the (mouths) of babes.......

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
He though it was candy? did the boy actually taste the stuff? I wonder if he did

[edit on 23-3-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
He though it was candy? did the boy actually taste the stuff? I wonder if he did

[edit on 23-3-2005 by marg6043]

I was thinkin the same thing...
Musta thought it was one hell of a piece of candy!

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Stupid crackhead mother!
Maybe the law will be twice as hard on her as normal because of
child endangerment.
I hope so.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This is sad. When a child this age has access to such a dangerous drug, then without knowing what this stuff is,endangers an entire class of first graders. You think your children are safe in this age group.
People like these should be banned from ever having contact with children again.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
Stupid crackhead mother!
Maybe the law will be twice as hard on her as normal because of
child endangerment.
I hope so.

I dont totally disagree with you here, but cant help but think of the kid too. He probably loves his mother and if he can never see her again or for a long time it would be very rough on him. Its sick what people do to put their loved ones in danger. However a total overhaul of the court system is needed as well.

She needs to be put in some kind of contained community where she lives and has to work for the state for her crimes. Let her kid be able to spend a couple hours a day with her so that he does not suffer as much. Make her take all kinds of classes so that she is too educated to make the same mistake.

I really think the whole justice system is really screwed up. Kids always end up losing.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
40 baggies of crack?....

I am sure the mom will turn up in a river or shallow grave somewhere whoever her supplier is will be pissed when she can't pay her bill.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
interesting thought about a prisin systom where kids can be close to their mother. would this also include a father as well?

this idea does sound apealing but i can see dangers as well.would this just not turn prisin into a sort of free houseing social systom. commit a crime, you and your family will now live free and secure. there are already those who seem to commit a crime almost as soon as released so they get taken care of.

prisons have been proven NOT to be drug free. there are many in the prisin systom that should never be alowed arround children. i can also see some getting married just so they can get an easyer time with the family.

prisin is suppost to be punishment for a crime. already it seems that it may not be to at least some. the fact that a prisoner can not be with their family is indeed a punishment to them other than sex from what i see this is what makes them feel punished.

i will agree either parrent in jail is a major hardship for a child to bear. i just can't see that lessoning someones punishment for someone elses welfare is the lesser of two evils. perhapse there should be a special service for children to help them understand why mommy or daddy is in jail and why it must be so, as well as fairly regular visits to see the parrent when safe for the child to do so. this could also serve to remind an inmate at what their crime has cost them.

something that does come to mind with this topic is devorce, other than the children the biggest looser in a devorce is often grand parrents. i wonder if within a devorce settlement that as well as the parrents, that grand parrents recieve a set time to be with the children. this would be good both for the kids as well as the grandparrents. after a divorce at least one set of grandparrents often loose contact with their grand children. example if a guy only gets a little time with his kids often he ends up jelously gaurding this small time he has with them. where the mother of these children often wants no contact with an ex therebye not even considering to let the children be with the ex's parrents. if it is considered sometimes it is felt that perhapse the ex may gain more time then they deserve with the child, so won't let them see said grandparrents.

as it is children often are seen as pawns to get even with an ex for wrongs that were committed or even percieved. as with a parrent in jail kids are the big looser in a devorce as well. and like a grand parrent in a devorce case a grandparrent is also often neglected while their child is in jail.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
i will say on the main topic. damm. did this kid think it was sugar rock candy? i certainly can't see it taseing good i am asuming this is probably how it was brought to the teacher's attention. "teacher this candy billy gave me tastes awfull." i can see the child thinking that this was a treat that was placed into his bag.

i can rember watching a real situation police show where the "dealer" kept the drugs and money in a safe in his small daghter's bedroom where he felt the cops wouldn't notice it under a tablecloth. the child actively used this "table" as a normal table with no clue as to the danger involved. just think what would happen dureing a rip-off.

some parrents actively use children as pawns in crimes like shoplifting with a stroller, hideing drugs in diapers. useing kids as "runners". this list goes on and on. anyone useing a child like this should be severly punished. not only may a child be put in boddily danger but i would think that being brought up like this would influance the child to become a criminal themselves. after all they have been shown by one they trust implicitly that it is all right behavior.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
i've said many times that these people that take drugs to school should be locked up. so what if he is in first grade. if a first grader walks into school with a machine gun and mows down that class he is gonna be locked up. the drugs are just a beginning to a long violent life and the system must step in and make a preemptive strike at this soon to be felon.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Maybe he thought they were......CRACKerjacks?

The little kid is the big loser in all of this of course. The parents need to be prisoned for a very long time. That kid will go off to foster homes and live one "special" life let me tell you. Self perpetuating circle guys.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Stories like this always make me sad.

All that wasted crack. :shk:

Almost makes me want to vote Libertarian so people won't have to hide their crack in kid's bookbags.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
no one is certain that this crack was the parents. a first grader is more than capable of going out and purchasing crack on his nearby street corner. be careful, evil can be in anyone.

new topics

top topics

join