It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What replaces christianity and other religions?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by quango

'What replaces Christianity and other religions?'

I would think 'Love' would definitely replace Christianity and other religions.
For Love is......Patient
Love is .....

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Antichrist

kill my daughter and I will kick you up and down the street, how is that for morals

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I would not just put Christanity, but would include other religions too, however, there are a lot of reasons why we cannot replace religion. There is no substitute. I am not a scholar of pyschology nor do have have any interest, but from logic, a lot of people would rely heavily on religion for a lot of reasons, like knowledge, comfort, peace, guidance, hope and the list can go on...but there is not one substitute which can full fill all these emotional attributes and hence I will have to disagree with the thought all together.
Religion may be replaced in this thread, but if we consider ourselves members of the global village and take a count on this issue, we will soon come to realise that there is nothing that can replace religion.

With Best Wishes to all in this Festive Season and be safe.

Cheers

K23

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Religion can be replaced with true spirituality (religion has been a substitute for true spirituality since a long time now).

In true spirituality there is belief in higher realms than ours.
There is belief in "we get back what we put out"...meaning accountability and implied ethics. Goodness is done not out of fear of punishment but out of understanding of simple cause-effect laws.
Theres belief in the possibility of a supreme being.

Spirituality has all that religion has, without the "I am right, they are wrong" and "I have the only truth" attitude.

Both atheism/materialism and religion supress true spirituality.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
christianity is not a religion. Therefore, nothing can replace it.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

One line for one line.
Christianity is a religion! You like it or not it is a fact so please don’t re-establish Christianity role in the world religion.
If only one prophet could have been close to the truth it has to be Siddhartha, he truly started a non religious movement.

kacou

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou

Christianity is a religion! You like it or not it is a fact so please don’t re-establish Christianity role in the world religion.

It's not a religion in my world, yes some others have made it that, gatherings and using pastors and other means to get people to join. I don't do that, so don't put the words in my mouth please. I only believe in the word of jesus and I follow the word of god, but I don't practice religiously.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Then call it an other name, like maybe “jedimillerity “ .
Just some humour, I hope you don’t mind.

Kacou

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango

If you deny the existence of morals and ethics as nothing more than tools of control, then what do you see replacing them?

Laws are only made because man is subjected (possessed) by the thinker. (Ego).
While a great tool, if used properly, it is a dangerous weapon in the hands of 'children'.

You know the fall from grace? Adam and Eve had a tree to eat from - why was it there?
Because it was a bad tree? No, it was there for them. All the trees were given to them to eat from...just in its right timing. Just like a babe cant eat food at first...it has to start with 'mother milk'.

Well, Adam & Eve (allegorically speaking) reached out and grabbed hold of that which has plagued humanity ever since.

People identify with the ego, or stories and thoughts they have and conflict ensues.

Laws are there to protect mankind from himself.

"All things are permissible, but not all things are beneficial" - said Paul.
Sin in the greek means "missing the mark" like an archer with an arrow going to the bulls eye of a target.

Doe not mean that missing the mark is 'Evil', nor does it make that person bad.
It does mean that they missed the total or full picture of what is happening. They only have a part of the puzzle and mistake it for the whole.

Funny thing is that Christianity sins. It misses the mark frequently.
Its main doctrine of salvation is split into 3 areas. (always saved, loose your salvation and pick it up again...whoops lost it I think, where did it go...and then predestined "you 'clay pot' are predestined for the 'kilns' of hell.) Quite contradictory and not useful for anyone looking into Christianity. There is no assurance from the get go.

So, Christians have 'missed' the mark - on more than one thing.
Think about the fact that Jesus basically died because he didnt make Judas and the zealots happy by overthrowing the Roman Gov. Jesus wasnt about a kingdom on earth - but today it appears he has changed his mind as holy wars have been led in his name since about the time he died.

Are Christians evil then? I ask then, because this is how some 'classical christians' treat the 'unbeliever'. In a sense, the 'classical christian' is no better than the muslims that they are afraid of who want to impose their own view of things.

Why not let God come down and settle it. Until then, learn to follow the Bible and love (acceptance) and non judgement (without excuses why we have the right.) That is a starter.

So, in a society of 'enlightened' beings (which this society is sub 0 in that aspect) no you would not need laws, etc. And things that you think are not permissible now, will be permissible later. (kind of like the allegory of the Lion laying down with the lamb. Or for the Jews the ability to eat pork when 'Messiah' comes.) These are all allegories, that when understood, underpin the whole concept that we are but infants still on milk needing to grow up before we take a bite of solid food.

That which is fine and healthy for an adult can be dangerous for a newborn. (honey for example.)

Peace

dAlen

top topics

<< 1   >>

join