It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Brats: Sound Off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Growing up in the military is filled with many rewards....and equally, many losses...

I can't even begin to count how many schools I've attended, and how many friends I've had to say goodbye to...Some to amazingly have the pleasure of greeting again several years later in a completely different location....

So here's our chance to try and reclaim our friends, share stories, and connect on a more personal level than most people in an online community can - Through sharing our collective experiences of living in the same quarters, shopping at the same PX, or perhaps even haming the same DoD teachers......

I think the best way to start your posts will be to indicate where you've lived and their respective time frames, and if you like, your age...Try not to disclose too much personal information - If you think you may have known that person b/c you were there around the same time, then U2U them - Then you can share later if you actually found an old friend here....That's my goal here, and I hope it happens....

Too many of these kinds of services out there suck money out of your pockets at no return....so I figured why not take full advantage of the power we have here at ATS....

I'll get things rolling:

Bases lived on:
Richmond, Virginia (early-mid 80s)
Ft. Monroe, Virginia (Both During the 80s and late 90s)
Ft. Benjamin Harrison, Indiana (late 80s, early 90s)
Ft. Knox, Kentucky (early 90s)
Benjamin Franklin Village - Mannheim, Germany (mid 90s)

Well....Here's to hoping someone else will reply, or perhaps later on, a connection will be made

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Grisom AFB, IN
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Offutt AFB, NE
Scott AFB, IL

thats it for me, but this is like the beginning of my life i was born at grisom, my brother was born at wright patt, then we were stationed in Nebraska at Offutt then we moved to scott in Ill, near st.louis where my dad got out of the USAF in 1994.

join