It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice to meet you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Greetings. My name is Kuranes and I'm a fan of fantastical fiction, such as the works by HP Lovecraft and mythology--mainly Norse mythology but I'm currently reading into Greek. I am so interested in this genre because I have become bored and tired with the tedium of modern day life and its ability to kill one's imagination. One wakes up, goes to class or work, comes home, sleeps and repeats. There is nothing wonderous or mystical in that and it's a shame that our civilization has no mythology or really any fantasy at all. This is why I like to read about the civilizations of old and how they saw the world in such an imaginative and spiritual light. Lovecraft interests me because I think we have much in common, I can relate to his stories, and I love his creation of a mythology for a civilization which has none.

Other than that, I'm a college freshman majoring in philosophy and ecology, as I plan to go into environmental law in the future. I am fond of nature and it hurts me to see it so ignorantly destroyed. I also play classical guitar and double bass and play in a community orchestra.

Well, enough about me. I hope to have many interesting and imagination provoking discussions with you on this seemingly wonderful forum.

JAK

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hello Kuranes and welcome to ATS.

Nice introduction, I look forward to reading your posts.

Jack

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Nice to meet you too Kuranes. Welcome to ATS. I will see you aroung the board

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS Kuranes!

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Glad you could find us! Enjoy your stay here at the great ATS!

Zedds HandBook

Check this out it will help you find your way around.

top topics

join