It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 topic that I guarantee no one's discussed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
So, given the long, long list of doomsdayers and cultists and general psychos expounding on what'll happen in 2012, I wanted to take the time to add myself to the list of them.
However I think my story is pretty different than anybody else's, and for that I've decided to post it to gather a consensual opinion.

For a long time, literally as far back as I can remember, I've had a "feeling." When I was little this feeling amounted to nothing more than a general bad vibe; as I've gotten older it's filtered itself out into something more coherent, something clearer. I feel like the older I get the more I'm able to piece the puzzle of this intuitive thing together into a more definable picture.

The jist of my vibe is this: again, for as long as I can remember, I've felt like something was coming. When I was younger it was just that. I had a general, all-around bad feeling about something, but it felt like it was so far away that most of the time I forgot about it and it was just a distant "bad taste" in my consciousness. Kindof like how if you've got an appointment to do something months from now that you're not looking forward to-most of the time you forget about it, but then you remember and it makes you grit your teeth. As I aged it started to make more sense to me. What started out as a bad feeling about some arbitrary time became something more.

Before I get into the specifics I want to point out that I didn't start looking into any of this stuff until really recently, say since 1998, which was well after I'd already had a "date" in mind for this supposed "bad thing." 2012 had somehow been on my mind strangely for a long time. How I came to learn about all the rest of this is rather serendipitous. I had a good friend I was extremely close to who one day I decided to share these things with, thinking he'd think I was totally crazy. Instead he got really excited, really freaked out, and started telling me about books I should read on the Mayan calendar and other paranormal prophecies. He was freaked out because I specifically mentioned the winter solstice of 2012 as the time. I'll reiterate, I already had that date in mind for literally years before I started to look into it. So when I found all of this weird "evidence" that seemingly corroborated my vibes I was freaked out.

Ever since then I've been gathering facts, gathering thoughts, reading opinions, reading history, listening out for more signs that I'm on the right track and reevaluating when I feel I'm not. For what it's worth I don't consider myself the doomsday type; I don't call myself Azure Aurora
and I don't walk around claiming psychic visions, nor do I really give credit to many things considered paranormal (UFOs, etc), so hopefully you'll take that into consideration for where I go next, cos I do take THIS pretty seriously. So without further ado, here's my "vision" of 2012:

As I said, I think something's coming. I'd qualify that something as evil. I think a war will either break out or culminate at the winter solstice of 2012. When I say war I don't really think I mean G-squared's next of kin getting trigger happy or anything even human. When I say evil I mean that in its fullest sense, the complete manifestation of bad. I think this will be the allegorical war between good and evil, light and darkness. I feel this with all certainty in my body, far more than I think most people felt who said the war was ending in 2000.
whether I'm right or wrong, I BELIEVE this, and I've definitely adjusted my life in preparedness of what I feel is coming.

Now I don't mean this biblically either. I don't think Jesus is coming, I don't think it'll be a war between God and the Devil, angels and demons. I think it'll be bigger than that. I think it'll be much bigger than that. I also, for whatever reason, feel like the catalyst is gonna be in England/Europe, because for as long as I've felt that it'll happen in 2012 I've also felt that in 2012 I need to be in Glastonbury, UK. (You can do a google search for the significance of this, but I'll also say that I originally thought this city was completely made up within my head and was EXTREMELY freaked when I found out it was real.)

I feel like whatever forces gathering in 2012 have been around and working for a while. I mean just look at the state of things, all around it's clear there's some evil pervading things. The second part of my "vibe" is that I think it's going to be evident that something bad is happening by the end of 2007 (and I also came up with this before hearing about John Titor). I don't know how or why, but I think that's when there's going to start being some undeniable, quantifiable proof of what's going on. What I mean is, right now all this talk of 2012 and the Mayan calendar and the end prophecies is on the fringe, not really discussed in the mainstream. By 2007 I think things will reach the point that people start talking about it at the dinner table.

I can't tell you why I think I have all these feeling and all this "insight," especially since there's really nothing I can do but talk about it, but in my experience with telling people this stuff I'm finding more and more people that have also had feelings about some impending evil in the distance, if they don't also share my guess on the year and date. I think some big bad is coming and I think it's had a lot longer to prepare for that year than we're going to get. And I don't know what (or if, even) will happen after that (and I'm also open to the idea that I could be wrong
) but like I said before, I BELIEVE this. Since I like to consider that I'm relatively sane and stable, what does that count for?

So my question is this: has anybody else felt the way I do? I'm not talking about after you started pouring over stories of Mayan priests claiming that this was the end, I mean always, before you started researching. As for everyone else, what do you think? If I'm right, what can we do?

[edit on 23-3-2005 by mixvio]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I've had a feeling for as long as I can remember of waiting. Waiting for something to happen, waiting for something to change--I don't know. I just started getting into End-times prophecy, not only in Western religions, but also Native American. It's hard to ignore, especially when things written so long ago are starting to come true, or leaning that way. It is chilling to think that human nature is so frail and ignorant, even worse, predictable...

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
you got my attention but what is this evil you speak of?humans,aliens,demons,the devil,or something we dont know about?

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If you really have these feelings of a war comeing between good and evil, the ONLY thing you can do is be a good person. Help fight evil whenever you see it around you with kind acts, tolerance and empathy for your fellow man. Have faith that your soul is eternal. There's no need to fear death if you know that you've done the best you can to be a good person in this world.
The world to me has become unbalanced, with too much evil in it. I do feel that everything will come to a head eventually. It almost HAS to if things keep going the way they are.

Sorry if I sound "preachy".

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Im with both of you 100%.

For a long time, even as a young child, without any knowledge of the Bible, or any dooms day theories. I have known that something major was going to happen in my life. I... I dont really know how to explain how i feel, and what i think when it comes to this. I wish i could put it in to words but i cant. So, basically.... I just agree with ya'll.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hm, for what the evil is. I honestly can't tell you. I really fully feel that it won't be human. I think in this sense it'll be something spiritual, but whether it's aliens (which I doubt), demons, or something else that's the enemy I couldn't say.

elaine: while I agree with you in spirit, as far as this is concerned I don't think it applies.
I don't think 2012 will be the rapture, I don't think it will be the return of jesus, god, whatever, and I don't think whatever we'll be fighting will stop from killing us because we were nice to our neighbor.
I think this will be a war. Not even war really describes it. It'll be an invasion, and it's going to engulf all of humanity. Not just us, not just the US or north america, the whole thing.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I agree I have felt the same way since I was a child, about the waiting and knowing part. Not too sure that 2012 has any merit though.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I kinda have the same feelings in way. When I think about the future, all I get is feelings of sadness and chaos...like something major has changed. I'm still young, though, so maybe its just because I'm scared of the future.

But I also get that same subtle vibe that I should be waiting for something. Something that is about to happen, something that I should be ready for...

...I guess we'll just have to wait and see

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
You'd be surprised at the 2012 discussions we've had here. (Click here)

I do think that something interesting could happen in 2012, but not necessarily because of the Mayan Calendar. I do find it interesting that the Mayan calendar ending coincides with other thought lines.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Who else besides me wonders if 2012 is going to be the next y2k?

The bomb that never drops.

People are going to be generally smarter or dumber than they are today?
The aliens are finally going to reveal themselves?

Imagine if it was going to be the end of the world and you spent all your time worring about it?
Why not enjoy life, be constructive and just keep your eyes and ears open?

What are you going to do about something about which you have no idea? Learn about yourself. That knowlege will apply to almost any event.

Ever seen all those cartoons with the scruffy little old man holding the sign saying the world is coming to an end?
I imagine he has crossed out Y2K and written in 2012.

top topics

join