It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops and Donuts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Why is it that cops are so in love with donuts. It's like their favorite snack. What's funny is in my town Tim Hortons is located right across the street from the police station

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Actually, I remember the answer to this question being posted a few months ago. On checking, I discovered it was in Blueknight's intro.

Originally posted by Kompaktor
actually, the reason it is portrayed that way is because back in the early 1900s or whenever, the only places that were open were bakeries in the early morning, when robberies most often occurred. the bakers needed to be there early to start all the cookering and the doughing and the rolling flat of uncooked bread! so, being the only place open, the bakeries were the only places needed protection most of the time. the cops would go to some of em and hang out, chat it up with the baker, and in return for their services, they would recieve donuts!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
but that has nothing to do with the guys I graduated from H.S. with who are still going to donut shops and eating all the donuts.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Here's an honest true story that happened to me.

The city where I lived had decided to install a traffic light at an intersection on a busy street. So there I am zipping along when I come across the light that's just turned yellow. I decided to go for it since I had tons of stuff in the back that would have went through the front window if I slammed on the brakes. Just made it through the light.

A min later I looked in the mirror and saw a traffic cop on my tail with his lights on. It was one of those motorcycle cops whose sole purpose of existing is to had out tickets. I pulled over into the parking lot of a little strip mall at the next corner, and parked my car. The officer parks his motorcycle beside me and then gives me the lecture about running a red light. Then to my surprise he says to be careful and have a nice day. What! no ticket? Then he walked into the store I parked in front of....

It was a donut shop. Daylight Donuts if I remember correctly. To this day I credit the warning (instead of a ticket) to the temptation of donuts that kept the officer from working.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Our police station is located right across from a dunkin doughnuts...seems like they moved out of town hall (and the library) just to go there...

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
That's hilarious, dbates!
You're probably right! They've never, ever under any circumstance let me off with a warning. I oughta......

new topics

top topics

join