It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody know anybody that survived death ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I was in church one day and brought afew friends at the end of it we played chasing as the church was big and we were young bout 4,5 years ago........

I remember when i was running to the stairs being chased by my friend robert when i noticed a crowd of people around someone of course i didnt know who that someone was i then moved closer to the crowd and knew it was my mam she was on the floor........

They then picked her up and put her in my dads care with cushions for her head and qwuilts(or however ya spell that badboy
of a word) the car then dorve off to the hospital........
I later found out that she had 2 anuerisms(badboy again) and if you have 1 you have 50:50 chance of living "SHE HAD 2" she was then in hospital and got better after two Precision surgical operations on each side of her brain lasting 4 hours each
and while recovering for bout two months she also saw an Angel at the end of her bed with its wings over her..........

She came out of that hospital perfect her brainfully intact....nothin.zip.nada.zilch round the house we call her the walkin miracle
but ill never forget that Thank God she didnt die i really wouldint have been able to live without her

Does anybody else know anybody that had someclose like that or somthing that happened to you yourself

[edit on 23-3-2005 by elmojones3000]

[edit on 5-4-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I had a friend that almost died once. He had an extremely bad asthma attack. They took him in to the hospital and at one point he flatlined, his heart totally stopped beating. But they brought him back... and after a little while he recovered, and eventually went home. After all of that happened he told about how when he was "out" he was surrounded by a light blue, or turquoise light. That seemed almost liquid like..... and then he woke up.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Um...Jesus Christ, Lazerous, and proably about 10,000 others, were raised from the dead.
St. Geroge raised people from the dead, so did St. Justina, to many to list history is full of this.
Supposedly, I don't know this happened to my father, he was kicked thirty feet by a horse, then kicked some more, this was in 1950's no lifeflight, they said he was dead, they prayed for the first time, as they were not church folk, now he lives. This list of damage is long, but he is still fine.
Must be the Lord's way of reminding us.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
my grand mother has died several times. my favorite story was the one where she died in a doctors checkup room while waiting. aparently the nurse came in with her file, found her dead and freaked out. since there was a doctor there he pronounced her clinicly dead. before the ambulance arrived she came back to life, realy freaking out the nurse. it seems that this nurse quite in rather a hurry. my grandmother has never talked to me about any experiance.

my mother also died, at a gymnastics compitition where she had a very bad fall from the balance beam. she has told me of a bright light and family she knew who were dead told her it was not yet time and to go back. she hasn't talked about it in years.

interestingly both my grand mother and my mother are very religious, at least now.
don't know if they were before.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
one time when i was younger my brother convinced me that going into the drier would be like a roller coaster, i was like 3 he was 5ish, so i believed him and hopped in. He started it, and i spun around and hit my head a lot and started crying. Then i remember going through the back of the drier and seeing these men standing in this really white area. I walked up to one of them and asked if he was Santa Claus, he said yes and told me to go back. It wasn't Santa by any means, just that was what made me the happiest/most comforted. Basically i remember it was just two men, one standing behind the other.

Odd

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I know a woman that claims to have had a near-death experience while giving birth to her youngest child... the delivery was complicated, and she lost a lot of blood; she was unconscious for most of the time, and was indeed very close to dying.

She says that she heard a very powerful, very reassuring voice that told her it was not her time yet, and that everything would be okay... the bright light and all that were there too.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Odd, something similar happened to me as well.

I was (Trying) to give birth to my first son. I had had an epidural and it worked pretty well I guess, I don't remember much, but the doctor decided that my pelvis was too small and my son's head too big and that I would have to have C-section.

Anywho, for some unknown reason, they gave me another epidural and something went wrong, it numbed my lungs to the point where I couldn't breathe and they had to bag me, in the elevator on the way to surgery. I barely remember any of this. Anyway, I have no idea how long I was out, but I don't remember anything but blackness, if there was a light or an angel, I didn't see it.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
MY SISTER IN LAW HAD BEEN SICK WITH SOME SORT OF SERIOUS INTESTINAL INFECTION AND LOST ABOUT 30LBS IN A COUPLE OF DAYS. THE DOCTORS SAID THAT THEY DIDNT KNNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS AND THAT SHE MIGHT NOT LIVE ANOTHER WEEK!! THEN SHE SAID SHE FELL ASLEEP AND SAY HER SON (HE HAD DIED ABOUT 6YRS BEOFRE) AND HE GRABBED HER BY THE HAND AND SHOWED HER, WELL I GUESS WHAT YOU WOULD CALL...HEAVEN!! SHE ALSO CLAIMS TO HAVE SEEM THE INFAMOUS "WHITE LIGHT"!! AS SHE WAS TELLING ME THIS I FELT SHE WAS NOT LYING AND SINCE THEN HER ATTITUDE TOWARDS LIFE ISNT THE SAME!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
When I was 4, my father was on leave from the Army, and we went to Cape Cod for a day trip. There were lots of little tidal wading pools along the shoreline - (Pools of water formed in the sand when the tide receded) Being 4, I was happily jumping in and out of the large puddles. My parents lost sight of me, although they were close by. Anyway one of the pools was deep, and when I jumped in, it was over my head. I was wearing a hooded sweat shirt, and my mom tells me that the only thing they saw was the very top of my hood sticking up from the surface of the water. My parents raced over, and my father grabbed the top of the hood and yanked me out.
I was cold and blue.
My dad is trained in EMT skills and revived me on the beach. He swears that I was "dead" for a little while.
Frankly I remember nothing about it. No lights, tunnels, loving beings, or guys with red suits and pitch forks. I do love life, and cherish every moment. Whether my zest for life is a result of this is anyones guess though.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by elmojones3000

[.......]
I later found out that she had 2 anuerisms(badboy again) and if you have 1 you have 50:50 chance of living "SHE HAD 2" she was then in hospital and got better after two Precision surgical operations on each side of her brain lasting 4 hours each

and while recovering for bout two months she also saw an Angel at the end of her bed with its wings over her..........

[edit on 23-3-2005 by elmojones3000]

very happy that your mam survived

in a similar vein, i had an brain aneurism burst, the Drs' at St. Josephs Neurological put 2 clamps on the Arachnoid hemmorage 8 years ago.
still adapting to disabilities, and self conscious of my skull deformation
and frankenstein-ish scars on the back of the head.
Being grateful of survival, i do not pursue the claims i could make against the Baptist Hospital in Phoenix, who were instrumental in causing conditions for the aneurism to burst 2 days earlier...and then instrumental in transfering me to the St Josephs Nuerological Hospital in Phoenix.

myself being shamanic, animist, i did not see any Angels, but my spirit entities CaveBear, Turtle, Owl gave me the wisdom & insight to use my
experience in yogic body function control to 'shut down' my metabolism
and to severely restrict blood flow to the brain (that was the 'freezing' experience) while my neighbor drove me the 2 miles(4 city blocks) to Baptist Hospital...arriving in a seeming DOA condition, my driver Steve Hicks
was instructed to tell the ER that I had deliberately 'shut down' and they should engage revival.

the above near-death-experience, rather my survival, i believe was my reward for making the ?vision Quest? to Phoenix in the first place, then
staying there for 5 years until my 'mission' as a witness was accomplished.
Then staying 2 more years (even after winning a sum of $ to return to SC)
because an 'inner-voice' told me not to leave AZ just yet.

BTW, theres a guest that went on C2C w/Art Bell, a Daniel? something
from Aiken SC, & he has started a foundation called 'Compassion In Action'
He's another one surviving brain aneurisms/hemmorages, like your mam
& myself...but his path turned different than either of ours, or most others
--the staff told my son & daughter, that my survival was perhaps 5% , but, what exactly does that mean??

EDIT; Danion Brinkley is his name, (it finally came to mind/awarenes..)

again, i'm heartend that you are empathic and aware to share your story.

[edit on 24-3-2005 by St Udio]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by danielle0518
MY SISTER IN LAW HAD BEEN SICK WITH SOME SORT OF SERIOUS INTESTINAL INFECTION AND LOST ABOUT 30LBS IN A COUPLE OF DAYS. THE DOCTORS SAID THAT THEY DIDNT KNNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS AND THAT SHE MIGHT NOT LIVE ANOTHER WEEK!! THEN SHE SAID SHE FELL ASLEEP AND SAY HER SON (HE HAD DIED ABOUT 6YRS BEOFRE) AND HE GRABBED HER BY THE HAND AND SHOWED HER, WELL I GUESS WHAT YOU WOULD CALL...HEAVEN!! SHE ALSO CLAIMS TO HAVE SEEM THE INFAMOUS "WHITE LIGHT"!! AS SHE WAS TELLING ME THIS I FELT SHE WAS NOT LYING AND SINCE THEN HER ATTITUDE TOWARDS LIFE ISNT THE SAME!!!

lose the caps

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
wow, i always wanted to know how that would be, but i never had one. it amezes (or something like that) me alot. the 2 men, could they be jesus and that other guy or just 2 angels?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I can tell you one. A few years ago, I passed out at home from violent vomiting. (Food poisoning) I saw a winding road in a forest. As I went on the road, a man in a kachina mask stepped out in front of me and told me it was not my time to "go". He told me to go back. I did, and so I am alive today.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
Anyway, I have no idea how long I was out, but I don't remember anything but blackness, if there was a light or an angel, I didn't see it.

My circumstances were a lot different, but the result was the same. Many, many years ago, I used to use drugs. One time, I O.D.'d, but had no idea. One minute I was sitting on the couch, laughing and talking, then the next thing I knew, I was on the living room floor, surrounded by paramedics. The first thing I heard was something like, "Well, I guess we lost her for good." He was crying (the paramedic). I sat up, burped (I don't know why I remember that after all these years, but I do) and asked what was going on, what were those people doing in my house, etc.... I felt just fine, but was very confused. One of them told me that I had overdosed on drugs, and had had no heartbeat and was clinically dead for over 20 minutes.

Anyway, it slowly started to sink in, although I still don't remember anything between laughing on the couch, and being awakened by the paramedic. It was like I had been in a deep, dreamless sleep I wasn't even aware that I was in. No bright light, no devils, no dead loved ones, no pain, nothing at all. Just blank.

True story

I guess though, that I was relieved in that if I really were as dead as they said, then there I know that I experienced no fear, no pain, no tough decisions, frightening images or anything else horrible to be afraid of when death does come to stay.

[edit on 3/31/2005 by CyberKat]

[edit on 3/31/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Not wanting to deflate your idea about the angel at the foot of the bed but I have a fried whose mother had to have brain surgery, for two years she thought her hubby was the President of the US and also thought she should buy her neighbor a carton of cigarettes because the nice young man next door was too poor to afford cigarettes but who kept having parties but only had one cigarette that he passed around to all his guests. Too funny anyway fortunately she recovered completely.
As for a near death experience a firend of mine died she said she became aware of floating above the table looking down at the OR scene and she saw herself on the table and thought gosh that poor woman looks really bad then realized it was her own image she was looking at, she watched the drs working furiously to bring her back, she then saw her children and husband outside crying, she then went to the most peaceful and most loving place she had ever been in, she went to a bright light and was told to go back, she argued with the voice in the light that she did not want to go back but then came to in the hospital really mad that she had come back.
Another friend had a similar experience but had a full life review before she was sent back and says she saw herself stealing a barbie doll outfit @ 3 years of age but before the review she had no memory of doing it. She took it because her Mom would not buy it for her but did not realize it was wrong other than that her Mom did not want her to have it. She said you see everything you ever did including the way it affected others.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The summer before last, a friend of mine - Laura - and her sister - Alicia - were driving from Oklahoma City, and were rear-ended by an 18-wheeler. Their car went across the median, and slammed headfirst into another car - each going approximately 70 MPH. After this first collision, they spun around, and were rear-ended by a van.

Alicia died, they say, instantly. Laura was medi-flown to OU Medical Center, with a half-crushed face, cracked skull, and swollen brain. She died clinically, in total, 4 times I think. She doesn't talk about the experience much, really. She went into the experience as a Christian, and came out an all-out bible-beater. Since then, we've kinda drifted apart.

I, also, believe I've had a near-death experience. However, it very well could have been a dream.

A little more than a year ago, I drank a full liter of either 80 or 90 proof Vodka in an hour and a half's time. At some point, I vomited, and passed out on the floor.

The only things I can recall seeing were lights of various colors flashing - like strobe lights on a low, "pulse" setting - all around me. I heard something similar to the ocean, and could vaguely make out something that sounded like a Native American chant. Then, all went to black, the sounds faded, and I heard a voice repeating "death by alcohol," and "alcohol poisoning" and woke up, hours after I passed out, in the same spot, alone. No paramedics, no hospital - nothing.

Either a N.D.E., or a very weird dream.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
mods are mods ... mods will be mods ... forever

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
i was dead 2 weeks ago for a few minutes which seemed like a few weeks.

docs said i probably wouldn't make it through the morning. around noon i was home again. checked out healthy. just felt really tired, being dead really sucks the life out of you hehe.

the place is boring as hell. and anything you learned in christianty isnt true.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Enyalius]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
mods are mods ... mods will be mods ... forever

top topics

join