It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airbus 380's first flight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The now world famous Airbus 380 aircraft is might be due for its first flight on March 31, 2005 (unofficiall source, maybe later). This will take place in Toulouse France, if the weather is nice. Airbus will take the record from Boeing when the A380 takes flight, beating the 747-400 as the worlds largest airliner to take to the sky. This will be a great event with world wide media coverage. Pictures and videos should make it on the Internet soon after the first flight. It will truly be an awe inspiring event to see the A380 take flight for the first time in history.

Airbus site: www.airbus.com...
There should be a video placed in the media center of the event after it happens. www.airbus.com...

Just to give you an idea of just how large this aircraft is, here is a picture:

Here are a couple of other pics (CGI):

[edit on 23-3-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Any pointers on where this date came from? From what Ive heard, Airbus is pointing toward a tentative 1st April to 15th April range (to ensure the conditions are perfect), but nothing official has been released at all. Id love for it to be sooner tho

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

The out of sequence A380 designation was chosen as the "8" represents the cross-section of the twin decks. The first flight is scheduled for March 2005, and the entry into commercial service, with Singapore Airlines, is scheduled for March 2006.

www.airliners.net...

Although the A380 has not yet taken to the air -- the first test flights are scheduled for March

www.cnn.com...

Well, I got the March 31 date from a couple of forums ... so its nothing official. But you are right the first flight is supposed to be around March 31 - April 15. So it could be anywhere in-between that, depending on weather. But anyway, it will probaby happen sometime soon.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by beyondSciFi

Aha, compare the Airbus to the top right plane.

That thing is one big plane.

[edit on 24-3-2005 by rapier28]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
U.S. has and IS trying to undermine AIRBUS www.vialls.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger

Couple of interesting points in that link (why would the FAA refuse permission for an airliner in distress to land?) but 99% of that article is pure hokum imho.

As much as I *know* Boeing doesnt play as fair as people expect, I hardly think they would resort to terrorism to survive anymore than Airbus would.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

good find,
but all that site is a load of garbage,
"a trip in the concorde will made every one pick airbus over boeing"
and they say that boeing airliners are crap,
why is the 787 made nearly 100% of composties?
why do 777s burn 6000 gallons less fuel than a340s on a longhaul?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyCarterIsSmarter

why is the 787 made nearly 100% of composties?

Because Composites are stronger and cheaper initially for production (but are more expensive for later maintenance). I am thinking that maybe you are trying to link that to the composite tail unit that failed in one of those Airbus crashes, to show that theres nothing inherently wrong with composite materials?

why do 777s burn 6000 gallons less fuel than a340s on a longhaul?

Lets see shall we?

777-300:
Fuel Capacity 171,000litres
10,595km range
386 passengers

A340-600:
Fuel capacity 194,500litres
13,890km range
380 passengers

That extra range is where your additional fuel goes. Work it out for yourself.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
lol,k
i am annoyed at that site, read it

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyCarterIsSmarter
lol,k
i am annoyed at that site, read it

I did read it and I responded before you did.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Pay back sucks you cheese eating surrender monkies.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichardPrice

Couple of interesting points in that link (why would the FAA refuse permission for an airliner in distress to land?) but 99% of that article is pure hokum imho.

As much as I *know* Boeing doesnt play as fair as people expect, I hardly think they would resort to terrorism to survive anymore than Airbus would.

interesting site there... good thing i had my hip waders on otherwise i may have been in serious sh*t. while it is true that cvr's record 30 minutes atc tapes record lots more.

and while you may think that boeing doesn't play fair, that perception is based on each indvidual. under anyones perception no company plays fair except the one you may be biased towards

or as many say "Opinion's are like a-holes. Everyone has one and they all stink"

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigx01
and while you may think that boeing doesn't play fair, that perception is based on each indvidual. under anyones perception no company plays fair except the one you may be biased towards

Im talking about specific instances like having a procurement officer at the Pentagon give you detailed access to a competitors bid and then employing said officer, or other instances like actively stealing your competitors secret internal information. Both of which Boeing has been punished for in the past 4 years.

Airbus may not be virgin white, but Boeing is writing major new volumes on the subject

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
there is NO company that doesn't hire like that in any country. Boeing just got caught. How many times does one executive leave one company to go work for a competitor? lots. industrial espionage is everywhere, every company wants to know what the other is doing. i knew of one who would pay 5 buck a sheet out of the garbage of their compitition

new topics

top topics

join