It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make Your Own Nation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Ok I've started today:

I am...UK Wizard...funny that

The Republic of UK Wizard is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 5 million are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.

The enormous, moralistic government devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 30%. A substantial private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, followed by Trout Farming and Beef-Based Agriculture.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. UK Wizard's national animal is the Pygmy Marmoset and its currency is the Standard Credit.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I love this thing!

Today's issue:

In a bid to provide a new revenue stream for UK Wizard's Beef-Based Agriculture industry, it has been suggested that Pygmy Marmosets could be added to the menu.

"We have to do something about them anyway, so why not market them as tasty snacks? We could have Pygmy Marmoset kebabs, Pygmy Marmoset pies, Pygmy Marmoset-on-a-sticks--the possibilities are endless!

Brilliant!!!

But sadly I can't use them as a food source their too damn cute!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Here's my nation. I started it about a month ago or so. I love this site as the issues are serious, but not too serious. And some of the people who send me telegrams are a riot!

National Flag
The Federation of 1682
"Universal Enlightenment"

UN Category: Capitalist Paradise
Civil Rights: Average Economy: All-Consuming Political Freedoms: Few
1682 is a UN Member

The Federation of 1682 is a very large, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 137 million are either ruled by a small, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Commerce, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 50%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration industries.

Most of the military's funding goes into researching space-age weaponry, the government seizes the property of the recently deceased, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, and an underground movement of cigarette smokers has sprung up in response to a government ban. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem. 1682's national animal is the Falcon and its currency is the canadian dollar.

1682 is ranked 3734th in the region and 77,648th in the world for Highest Police Ratios.

[View Dossier]
United Nations Activity

Endorsements Received: 9 (1 Infinite Loop, Hard work and freedom, Duckutopia, Celticbhoys, Zubazz, Shisat, Spuddles, Malingerers, Hemitown)

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is sweet, I just joined

This is my nation

www.nationstates.net...

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I sort of started again basically straight after my above posts due to some really stupid issue decisions.

I can now be found under the nation Future City

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
All hail the Empire of Gazrok!

www.nationstates.net...=display_nation/nation=gazrok

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Just wanted to post my nation. My civil rights and my political rights are very strong but my economy is weak because I don't believe in corporate expansion. If you want to see my nation, click the link: www.nationstates.net...=display_nation/nation=the_united_animals

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
If anyone needs a region to join, in particular wants to join The New Free Republic, (only got 5 people in at the moment) send me a u2u for the region password

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
www.nationstates.net...=display_nation/nation=gaylor

That is my region once again
, Check it out! I'm already to 296million people!!!!!!!!!!! the funny thing is, in th beginning the issue's put forth are kind of ridicules! but after a while it gets pretty hard to choose what to pick! Also i think there are at least two other Btsers in my region , so join it if you want. I'm glad people are still doing this, it can be a pretty fun hobby that only takes about 5-10 minutes out of you day

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Invitation from invader_chris welcomed! I have my own spooky nation now!

www.nationstates.net...=display_nation/nation=spookyness

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
how do you take over the world on that game, thats what i wan to do

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
how do you take over the world on that game, thats what i wan to do

You can't it a non invasion type game however (from nationsstates FAQ)

How do I go to war against another nation? Or trade?

In one sense, you can't. NationStates doesn't include these things -- because it's a simple game, and because they would bias things in favor of militaristic and capitalist nations. One of the nice things about NationStates is that you can craft a nation into your idea of Utopia without having to worry about such pragmatic concerns as national defence.

Into the breach, however, steps the NationStates community, which has independently devised an entire system covering war, trade, and just about anything else you can think of. This takes place entirely on the forums (mostly in International Incidents), and is role-played.

Many people have asked about the possibility of a more sophisticated version of NationStates, with trade, military conflicts, and more. This does sound cool, but I haven't decided yet if I want to do that. It would be a lot of work, and I'd have to charge people to play it. But it's possible.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Read em and weep, baby!

The Divine Enterprise of Amory

I used to be a very moderate nation. Affluent all around, etc. Then around 500 million people I said to hell with it and went for economic power, while still conserving a few core values. I may trash the environment, but I do support political parties.

Anyway, I used to be in Manhattan. I was the leader of Manhattan, we had about 15 members. Got highjacked one night, I got booted and the nation was locked. Terrible. Now I'm in the rejected realms. Still undecided where I want to go.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm currently at 3.011 Billion.

How about you?

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
www.nationstates.net...=display_nation/nation=the_dragons_demesne

I just made my nation after seeing this thread. It's going to be a nation ruled by uber smart people who are immortal through super-advanced tech, like nanotech and medicine to keep them alive forever. They pretty much let common (mortal) people do whatever they want, as long as they don't cause too much trouble. We don't bother other nations (or even care about them at all) unless they mess with our sovereignty, in which case we will switch to 'total war' mode, lol. My region doesn't need a password, it is The Greater Dragons Demesne.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   

The Armed Republic of The mujahidin is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 1.57 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

www.nationstates.net...=display_nation/nation=the_mujahidin

[edit on 3-6-2005 by bodrul]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I joined last night, here's my nation:

The Incorporated States of Mazuma

I'm also in this region:

Polygonia

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I joined up about a week or so ago.

www.nationstates.net...=display_ nation/nation=zerridan

Punitive tariffs protect local industry, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, and main battle tanks stalk the woods of Zerridan in search of lemurs. Crime is relatively low. Zerridan's national animal is the lemur, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the note.

The battle tanks hunting little furry lemurs is a sight I've longed to see. Kinda gets me all teary-eyed...

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Anyone got a good region to suggest?

I'm starting to feel a little bored in the Rejected Realms.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Heres mine!!! Atomix the first

The Empire of Atomix the First is a small, economically powerful nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 18 million enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.

All are welcome to join my region Fallout Kingdom!!! No really join! especially uk wizard!

Fallout Kingdom: A beautiful, lush paradise filled with many fallout shelters in case of nuclear emergencies ie. George Bush. Also guns are plentiful here in case of Global emergencies ie. Arnold Scwarzenneger elected president. The favourite gun of Fallout Kingdom is the P90 which every citizen must own. Our favourite radio station is the Alex Jones radio show which can be heard on InfoWars.com. So help us make this the most powerful region ever. And remember fight the New World Order!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join