It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spam.. Yay or Nay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Strange question... Wha does spam taste like?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Let's get some history here.

Spam became popular after WWII. During the war, it was sent to the soldiers because it kept fresh for a long time and was cheap to make. During the war soldiers said they were so sick of it they would never eat it again! Then after the war SPAM (SPiced hAM) sales skyrocketed! And the rest is history!

[edit on 28-3-2005 by Lenina]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stuey1221
Strange question... Wha does spam taste like?

It taste Ok...go buy a can, try it

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
interesting fact. mice will not eat canned spam or canned ham. they may nibble but wll not finish it.
:no spam:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
YA

I got to love Spam fritters (spam coated with batter and deep fried)

They sell them in our local fish and chip shop and there lovley!

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Wow! that's so funny about the mice not eating SPAM! It reminded me of how flies won't eat margrine.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Dont like it at all, My mum used to love it and made us span sarnies all the time as a child and ever since then im just sick of the stuff!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
NAY!!!!! I tried Spam once & would NEVER eat it again!!!! Personally, it is too salty for my taste.

(Yes, i think it's this gross)

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I hate spam , and now I've got that spam song in my head!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tilly
I hate spam , and now I've got that spam song in my head!

bwahahahahahahahahahaha

anyone ever looked at spam? like realy looked. i did i saw like vein slices, hair,what looked like cartlage pieces and stuff i couldn't explain. it looked like the sweepings from a floor. it totaly grosed me out, then the mice wouldn't even finish it. one thing that got finished, me buying some again. yuck.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Here in hawaii spam is revered. There are many different ways to enjoy it. If you have the TV guide channel you may have seen stars of "lost" eating spam. they were really eating spam musubi which is a rice ball with spam on top and then wrapped in nori(seaweed). Sometimes the spam in a spam musubi may be prepared in a teriyaki sauce or with a batter and deep fried.

I like spam as a breakfast food. Instead of ham or bacon have some spam a few eggs over easy and some rice. Another popular way people in Hawaii enjoy spam is as a topper for there saimin(ramen). Just slice it into thin strips and put on top of a hot bowl of saimin. Spam heaven.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yuck! My husband likes the stuff, fries it up and eats it. I won't let him do it unless I am at work. Can't even stand the smell. Plus, he has to brush his teeth before I let him kiss me. Blech.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Fried Spam Sandwich hm hm hm

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Bought some at the grocery because my son wanted to try it. Now he loves it. Way too salty for me, tho'.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Oh ...i thought you were referring to E-MAIL SPAM... that would be a strong NAY !! NAYYYYY !!

the canned one i never tried, and i hope I never have to ... God knows whats in there ! ...mayeb with loads of beer it wont be that bad ...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
You know, they actually have
festivals, with events all centered around it!

Personally, never really cared for it, though if pan-fried, slap on some good cheddar cheese and melt, then make it into a hot spam and cheese sandwich, it's tolerable in small amounts.

My problem? The "mung" jelly around it..... Eeewwwww!

top topics

join