It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools, Concentration Camps?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I think the purpose of school clearly is not to learn or students wouldn't be allowed to fail.

At the same time, I think regardless if it was an 1800 cirriculum, or even a college level cirriculum, the students would be subjected to some worthless information.

There just isn't any real need to learn a lot of the stuff that's provided in schools. The average student is taking the same course in elementary, middle school, high school, and then college. That is garbage.

When I was in high school I was able to combine a lot of my courses form high school to college. I took the classes in college and they were joint credit. Why is that? Because there is no significant difference.

So I'm going to say either high school is a joke or college is. And I'm inclined to say both are. But you have to jump through the hoops you have to jump through.

All I have to say is, they'd be better of requiring students to learn trades and see what they are really interested in rather than making all that garbage mandatory. And maybe drop it from 4 years on average to 3 years. A lot of these students are better off getting some real work experience rather than that last year.

<< 1   >>

join