It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Amoco Refinery, large explosion, 2nd in two weeks...hmmmmmm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
www.click2houston.com...

A massive explosion and fire erupted at a Texas City refinery Wednesday afternoon, destroying buildings and vehicles, and sending a plume of thick, black smoke into the air.

This occured at the BPAmoco, the largest refinery in the area.

On March 30, several explosions rocked the same facility. Officials said that fire started in a furnace.

So, less than two weeks later, ther eis another large explosion. is it crazier to think this as coincidence, or has someone failed twice to destroy this plant.

The explosion and fire left a lot of destruction and rubble at the plant, including a row of vehicles destroyed by flames, as well as buildings blown apart and leveled.

That is quite a big as blast....

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm confused........March 30th isn't here yet. What am i missing?

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com.../nm/20050323/us_nm/bp_refinery_explosion_dc_1

"The BP refinery, the third largest refinery in the country, has a throughput of 470,000 barrels per day."

I guess this was a pretty big refinery. This can only mean one thing...bad news for gas prices. Im sure they will surge up a little higher because of this.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Let me preview a post on it's way to you by a NWO quack:

"Recent refinery explosions are just the latest tool used by the NWO to make even more money. By reducing refining capacity, the NWO hopes to profit even further and gain further control over the people. This was no doubt an inside job, order by BushCo and passed down from the shape shifting reptilian royalty that leads the NWO...."

hehe

Tis a bad explosion by the looks of it and will no doubt impact prices as industrial accidents are a way of life in our modern world and do have an impact until the damage can be repaired.... By gas futures now....

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
well just got that info from my g/f in tx,i think it's gaveston texas.... somewhere i dunno. But come on folks why will the nwo who is dire neeed of the oi will sabootage their plants? hmm. et's think clearly

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Short term profits, long futures contracts. More money made than the cost to repair the plant.

Reminds of back in the energy crises days here in the west when Alcoa stopped AL production and resold their energy contracts to the highest bidder and made far more money than processing AL - nifty..!!

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
abclocal.go.com...

Sorry, this was last year, but still suspect I think.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
they also had a water main break that killed 2 people and were cited for 'unsafe' practices last september-

and it wouldn't have anything to do with Bush being in Waco talking about national security with Canada and Mexico

[edit on 23-3-2005 by accountability]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA
Short term profits, long futures contracts. More money made than the cost to repair the plant.

Reminds of back in the energy crises days here in the west when Alcoa stopped AL production and resold their energy contracts to the highest bidder and made far more money than processing AL - nifty..!!

And i guess that terrorists from Al Qaeda, and other terrorist organizations, claiming that they would attack refineries in the US is also something made up by the corporations for profits...

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm joking as I don't buy into the NWO or we did it to ourselves on 9/11 crap.

As a shareholder of stock I'm all for companies making boatloads of cash anyway they can (within the law that is). Free markets are a beautiful thing....

Tragic accident though but I'm sure some nutball will start the NWO did drivel soon on this one....

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
i was in skool when this happened and i was in galveston, it was so loud it sounded like a thunderstorm or sumpin! they had us on lock down for like 20 minutes...i thought we get to go home early, but we didnt.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Originally posted by UofCinLA

And i guess that terrorists from Al Qaeda, and other terrorist organizations, claiming that they would attack refineries in the US is also something made up by the corporations for profits...

DUH!!! of course !!!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
hmmmmm.
some nutball at UK says that one person was not accounted for and cannot be found- as of this morning-

sabotage?????

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by accountability
hmmmmm.
some nutball at UK says that one person was not accounted for and cannot be found- as of this morning-

sabotage?????

Well if you are not there at the time and not there now that makes you look suspicios...

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by accountability
hmmmmm.

sabotage?????

Well if you are not there at the time and not there now that makes you look suspicios...

Just minutes before the explosion a spotter plane was seen and then a very heavily armed blackhawk near the refinery. Perhaps a small boat with a missle attack?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Just minutes before the explosion a spotter plane was seen and then a very heavily armed blackhawk near the refinery. Perhaps a small boat with a missle attack?

....What?
Two aircraft sightings and you think its a boat attack?
Please tell me your extracting the urine?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Having seen this on the news, it got me thinking that had this been set up so that the supply and process of oil is reduced dramatically. This would therefore make petrol will become rationed or expensive to the point that we involuntarily ration it due to our financial status. This in turn will bring a halt to our lifestyle and freedom that we instinctively need to defend. If incidents such as this lead to a breakdown of our culture or desperation to the point that it would bring a concern to the point that we would look for guidance from our elected leaders as would be the norm in times of national emergencies. We then become the subjects of our elected leaders idealisms and support through fear of our lifestyle being effected every action they take as this we will be informed is required for us to return to our comfortable state of 24/7 snack shops, 400 channels of nothing to watch on TV, your car, 9-5 job and other things we take for granted.

Or perhaps I have just spent too long on this site... hehe

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by DrHoracid

....What?
Two aircraft sightings and you think its a boat attack?
Please tell me your extracting the urine?

Ok, this refinery is close to the Texas Gulf coast, very close. Hence the boat theory. The aircraft seemed to be chasing something in or near the bay...there are a lot of small "back" waterways in the area.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
FBI rules out terrorism in plant explosion

Wednesday's blast came during a maintenance period in an area that boosts the octane level of gasoline. An explosion happened during a maintenance period the same time last year, but no one was injured.

"History has shown that many of these kinds of accidents tend to happen before, during or after a maintenance turnaround," said Angela Blair, lead investigator for the Chemical Safety Board.

www.cnn.com...

Also Thursday, an FBI spokesman in Houston dismissed a statement posted on an Islamic Web site claiming responsibility for the blast. He said there was no indication of foul play.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
There were claims from 2 Islamic groups.

1. Why accept responsibility for an attack inside the US? Wouldn't that just bring the heat down on your organization, terrorism is not a popularity contest.

2. How many times a year do terrorists claim responsibility for attacks inside the US? Can anyone give me na example, and not domestic terror groups, Islamic.

3. Teh FBI ruled it out. Well thank god. I mean, if the gov't wants to promote and install fear as so many people on this site state. wouldn't this have been a great oppurtunity.

4. Hmmmm, Islamic terrorist threaten Texas oil refineries. Now it happens. Sound s like a plan

5. Mr Acid, do you ahve a link for you statement, nottha I don't beleive, just wondering what news outlet. Sometimes in the first hour on the news you can pick up tidbits that never return.

6. Don't know, but this drove up sweet oil overa 1.00 yesterday...gonna be a long summer.

top topics

join