It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Schiavo disgrace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Anyone who would keep a person alive under those circumstances is morbid. She may be in a living hell, frozen in a human body that continues to feel pain. No one should be kept on a shelf in a container with tubes keeping them alive indefinitely, because family members don’t have the courage to face the death of a love one.

Regardless of whether her husband is evil and may be a culprit in her condition, why should she be made to suffer?

The damage is done, give her a shot of pain killer and let her go already!

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Inside every Sleeper there is a Liberal waiting to get out.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Is that really sleeper?

I argee let her die as for the people who spurt "right to live" its almost as good as watching men protest abortions.

The whole incident is a disgrace its not the job of any government to impose there morals on people.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
2 issues really bug me on this issue.

The conflict of interest of Michael Shiavo, and starvation.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
How do you know she doesnt want to live?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Heh, this is not liberal thinking at all,

A conservative would want someone like this to be put to death because they do not "contribute" anything to society and are a drain on resources.

A liberal however would vote to keep them alive.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The only drain on resources is communism, which feeds on Capitalism without contributing anything to the world.

Without Capitalism communism would be extinct.

You people would keep those like Schiavo alive because compassion is not something Communist and some evangelicals comprehend.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
How do you know she doesnt want to live?

You are only alive for a short time. When you are dead you are dead forever.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

You are only alive for a short time. When you are dead you are dead forever.

Do you really believe that?

True the body dies, but the soul never dies----regardless of what religion one belongs to, or even if they believe in nothing at all.

I'm not religious and I still know that life is forever.

Physical matter can not be destroyed and neither can spiritual matter---in reality they are both one and the same.

Delve deep into the atom (everything is made of atoms) and you find bizarre vibrations----we are the vibrations behind the physical illusion that is called life.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
The only drain on resources is communism, which feeds on Capitalism without contributing anything to the world.

Without Capitalism communism would be extinct.

You people would keep those like Schiavo alive because compassion is not something Communist and some evangelicals comprehend.

The main problem with capitalism is that certain individuals use it to basically take control of the world and play as a puppeteer in a play.. often doing some of the most violent acts known to man.

We don't know if she wants to die or not? Do you know? I thought you right-wing bible thumpers were always talking about pro-life in many ways.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90

The main problem with capitalism is that certain individuals use it to basically take control of the world and play as a puppeteer in a play.. often doing some of the most violent acts known to man.

We don't know if she wants to die or not? Do you know? I thought you right-wing bible thumpers were always talking about pro-life in many ways.

Capitalism abuses a few people.....Communism abuses all people.

Who would want to live in a bed twenty four hours a day never being able to move, talk, eat, speak, wipe your own butt----I'm sure she is having a real blast with all those tubes and wires sticking out of her.

Where do you people come from that think for a minute that she or anyone in her condition wants to live that way, unless she was a masochist?

I'm not religious, I don't see much difference in left wingers and evangelical right wingers----both groups need to get a real life.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The abuse is the fact that workers are forced to sell there abilities to abusive corporations who later on throw them to the curb, poor and dead when they can get cheap mexicans to do the labor for 1 cent an hour and beat them with whips and provide no bathrooms.

It's not up for us to decide who lives and who doesen't.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by RedOctober90]

top topics

join