It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reply to I.F. about Mormons(all welcome to post)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

So for a tenth of your salary what benifeits do you aquire by paying your hard earned salary to the clergy?
Does it buy you a spot in heaven ?
Do you get to go on church field trips?
Do you get treated differently by other paying members?
When Jesus had started the whole religion thing back in the sand dune days, he didnt take any money and by my knowledge he shunned apon churches that did take cash from patrons, but in this day an age thats all a church is about tithing a tenth of everyones salary. Wheres the religion in that?
truly sad outcome for the christian faith why do you think I steered away from church and all that new age Bull Sh*t

I'm sorry you have no positive feelings towards religion and the general welfare of others, but we don't pay the "clergy" as it were we use our volunteered money to help others. Jesus praised the widow that gave all she had to God and we give our 10% to God not men. Though men distribute the money to those who need it, it is for God's purposes. You don't get treated differently either tithing is not a public affair. You put your tithing in an envelope and give it to the ward clerk or bishopric to be sent to people or situations that need it. What we get in return is the blessings of God.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurafoxs

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

So for a tenth of your salary what benifeits do you aquire by paying your hard earned salary to the clergy?
Does it buy you a spot in heaven ?
Do you get to go on church field trips?
Do you get treated differently by other paying members?
When Jesus had started the whole religion thing back in the sand dune days, he didnt take any money and by my knowledge he shunned apon churches that did take cash from patrons, but in this day an age thats all a church is about tithing a tenth of everyones salary. Wheres the religion in that?
truly sad outcome for the christian faith why do you think I steered away from church and all that new age Bull Sh*t

I'm sorry you have no positive feelings towards religion and the general welfare of others, but we don't pay the "clergy" as it were we use our volunteered money to help others. Jesus praised the widow that gave all she had to God and we give our 10% to God not men. Though men distribute the money to those who need it, it is for God's purposes. You don't get treated differently either tithing is not a public affair. You put your tithing in an envelope and give it to the ward clerk or bishopric to be sent to people or situations that need it. What we get in return is the blessings of God.

So who buys the laptops and desktop pcs ? printers desks ? salary etc..
in my christian church I paid for a portion of that with my tenth I m not sure about mormons though if they have all kinds of extravagant items in the church but mine did it also went towards some sh**ty church band that played there on sundays and also went into the bishops pocket so he coud gamble.
my church never helped people that needed it there was nothing said about where the collection went to it was squandered with greed.
Does a church really need a computer lab with brand new macs and brand new desktop custom built Pcs?
in my opinion no, when I was young church was church not a big show with nonsense talking preachers it wa s simple old ukrainian church now its all glamorized and shot to hell...

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium

in my christian church I paid for a portion of that with my tenth I m not sure about mormons though if they have all kinds of extravagant items in the church but mine did it also went towards some sh**ty church band that played there on sundays and also went into the bishops pocket so he coud gamble.
my church never helped people that needed it there was nothing said about where the collection went to it was squandered with greed.
Does a church really need a computer lab with brand new macs and brand new desktop custom built Pcs?
in my opinion no, when I was young church was church not a big show with nonsense talking preachers it wa s simple old ukrainian church now its all glamorized and shot to hell...

What computer lab? I have never been in a mormon church that had a computer lab. We also do not have bands play in church, and our Bishops are not paid. And there is no kind of "collection" whatsoever. I don't know what church you are refering to but in a mormon church that would never happen.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
in my christian church I said!
not mormon

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   

What computer lab? I have never been in a mormon church that had a computer lab. We also do not have bands play in church, and our Bishops are not paid. And there is no kind of "collection" whatsoever. I don't know what church you are refering to but in a mormon church that would never happen.

Kurafoxs,

Very interesting. Are your Bishops full-time (surely not if they aren't paid) or do they work a regular job during the week?

Our Bishops are full-time, in other words, that's their job. So, of course, they're paid a salary just like any job.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   

That's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it. However, in my church, YES we need a computer lab (and we have a fine one) You see we have several hundred Parishioners and we use the lab for newsletters, fliers, electronic communication, etc. etc. We also maintain two private schools, grades K-8 and 9-12 (and have maintained these schools since the mid 1800's) Our school kids begin using the computer lab in Kindergarten. You see in the modern world it's a bit difficult to function without a computer.

As for you Bishop gambling, I suppose if he's paid a salary for being a Bishop (like our Bishop is) it's HIS business what he does with his pay, just like it's YOUR business what you do with yours.

I figure as long as he's doing his job and not neglecting his Episcopate, what difference does it make if he plays a little poker. Heck, I might join him sometime.

I can't comment on the "bands" We have a big pipe-organ and a choir. Old traditional stuff only. (Read: snooty and Roman!)

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I don't like mormonism, in my area it's a big thing. They're always coming to my door trying to convert me, and frankly I've got a pretty bad impression of this religion and it has made a lot of people dislike them in general in my community as well. We've also had corruption scandals with mormons in the community, and it just shows again a bad impression.
There's a mormon temple just around the corner from where I live. One of my friends who was mormon invited me one time to their church and they had this little dance thing there and they would do some kinda ceremonial prayer between each song. It was seriously weird.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
One of my friends who was mormon invited me one time to their church and they had this little dance thing there and they would do some kinda ceremonial prayer between each song. It was seriously weird.

dance? when did you go was it on sunday?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
kurafoxs,

Just wondering if you'd be so kind as to answer my question to you (posted above)

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well From my knowledge on human behaviour and religion and order and structure, it seems the only thing mormons do is prey on weak people in low residential neighborhoods trying to prey on the minds of the weak with false information about a god that doesnt exist anymore in our REAL world they spew the words of

The Prophet Joseph Smith he wrotea book called the Book of Mormon "the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion" and said that a person "would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.

Wheres the Proof 11 latter day saints witnesses dont do it for me for all you people know this mormon crap could be made up just like scientology was.
weak minds make weak sheeple, better find a god fast!! HE WILL SAVE YOU

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Appak

Are your Bishops full-time (surely not if they aren't paid) or do they work a regular job during the week?

Our Bishops are full-time, in other words, that's their job. So, of course, they're paid a salary just like any job.

Thanks

Our bishops are called to be bishops, but it is strictly a voluntary process. Our bishops do continue their normal jobs as well as bisop duties. Their only source of income however is the job they work at.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Well From my knowledge on human behaviour and religion and order and structure, it seems the only thing mormons do is prey on weak people in low residential neighborhoods trying to prey on the minds of the weak with false information about a god that doesnt exist anymore in our REAL world they spew the words of

The Prophet Joseph Smith he wrotea book called the Book of Mormon "the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion" and said that a person "would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.

Joseph Smith did not write the Book of Mormon he translated it through the power of God to benefit us in the latter day. If we add reading the Book of Mormon to the reading of other scripture then we will gain a greater knowledge of the gospel.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Joseph Smith did not write the Book of Mormon he translated it through the power of God to benefit us in the latter day.

This is a belief held only by Mormons. To everybody else, Joseph Smith wrote it.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
lol^^^

The Mormon Church is certainly questionable.

As for the religion itself, I couldn't say as to whether or not it originally benefitted humanity.

In other words, I'm not sure if Joseph Smith(a Master Mason, at least in the physical plane) and his associates did a helpful or harmful deed in expressing the Gnostic symbolism in the way that they did.

But unquestionably, the Mormon Church as an organization in these Latter Days is supporting the work of the Black Lodge/Zionism.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I just barely realized that this is a thread that I started a while back.

Anyway, just to clarify, I only still agree with some of what I said in the beginning of this thread.

The fact that the founders of Mormonism were Masons, don't hold the same implications for me that they did back then.

And I'd now say that Yeshua(Jesus) looked like this:

But that the Priests who Initiated him into certain Mysteries would have looked like this:

[edit on 1-8-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

But that the Priests who Initiated him into certain Mysteries would have looked like this:

Actually, the Magi were Persian, so they would have looked something like this:

Cug

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Well they weren't Islamic.. They practiced a form of Zoroastrian.

And they were know for wearing pointed hats.. that led to disneyvideos.disney.go.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">todays wizard hats.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Well I wasn't referring to the Magi that Yeshua studied with.

I was talking about the Khemetian Priests who Initiated him into some of the Mysteries of African Gnosis(Shetaut Neter).

And, the Magi(assuming you're referring to the Zoroastrians) were not just Persian, but also found in other Arab countries, no?

[edit on 2-8-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

Well I wasn't referring to the Magi that Yeshua studied with.

I was talking about the Khemetian Priests who Initiated him into some of the Mysteries of African Gnosis(Shetaut Neter).

That's an interesting hypothesis, but there is no evidence that Christ ever came into contact with, or was initiated by, Khemetian priests. If (and it's a pretty bif "if") Jesus was really initiated, it is more likely that it would have been by the Essenes or Magi. However, it is also probably true that the Essenes, Magi, and Egyptians all had a common source for their various mysteries, i.e., India.

And, the Magi(assuming you're referring to the Zoroastrians) were not just Persian, but also found in other Arab countries, no?

The Magi were Median, and inhabitants of Persia. They predated Zoroastrianism, but later incorporated that religion into their own esoteric system, known as Zurvanism.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

[edit on 3-8-2006 by Tamahu]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join