It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air America Docu-Drama To Air On HBO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Wow, this looks pretty nasty. I just read about it on Drudge. Apparently, HBO was filming the creation and business of Air America, the liberal talk radio station. It sounds like they've been there since the beginning and were going to do a documentary on how to create a national radio station.

The film captures AIR AMERICA staff first learning about the Chicago and LA nightmare by reading a DRUDGE REPORT exclusive on their computers.

It shows midday host Al Franken at a staff meeting being told there is no money left, hilariously, just moments after ranting about George Bush's ethics.

The HBO crew is told to shut down their cameras -- but they don't -- and the 'We're Broke!' meeting is filmed raw.

LEFT OF THE DIAL shows an angry meeting of the writing staff being told how money was deducted from their checks to pay for health care -- but the money was never paid to the HMO and they were never covered!

It does not appear as though it is going to be as flattering as some may have thought. This will be interesting to watch, and to see the fallout HBO gets for broadcasting stuff many loud people won't want to believe and therefore call it lies. Looking forward to the hypocracy and the insults!

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The date this is airing is March 31st. I sure hope InDemand carries it as a selection, because I don't have TiVo and my sister is getting married that weekend and I probably won't be playing on the ol' TeeVee.

new topics

join