It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta judge likewise refuses appeal for Schiavo...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Here's the story...

baynews9.com...

Different thread, as it's different from the Tampa hearing.

In a 2-to-1 decision, the 11th District Court of Appeals in Atlanta has denied an appeal from the parents of Terri Schiavo.

This means Schiavo's feeding tube will not be reinserted.

Bob and Mary Schindler said they will appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court. The case has already gone before the nation's highest court.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Gaz... I can't believe that you started a new thread on this...

haven't you seen the others ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Gaz... I can't believe that you started a new thread on this...

haven't you seen the others ?

Yes, but since there isn't a snippet of this on ATSNN...I didn't want people to have to wade through pages of posts to see the latest ruling. Mods are free to lock this thread. It's provided for info purposes only.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well after 19 reviews on the case at the state level courts, the Atlanta court doesn't want to touch it.

Now is up to Legislation in Florida to have the tube inserted as to give time for the supreme court to make a last decision.

Or they can make a bill to protect the women, either way it will affect Floridians family decisions but the good news is that it will remind a state issue.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The Supreme Court has refused to hear the case in the past, citing no basis as they feel the Florida State Supreme Court ruled correctly. I see no reason to suspect they won't refuse again...

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Then I guess that the legislators of Florida will take the last decision and will come out with a bill to protect her and others from the wishes of their family members in charge.

I wonder if such a bill will take away the rights to make a living will as what the persons want.

Very dangerous for family making decisions, they state as well will make them for them, I bet it will be some loopholes.

Still is fascinating how the law works.

They are going to appeal to the supreme court so they at least will try after the Atlanta denial.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
So there is talk that Bush wants to make a new law, let call it the terri law.

It will make it legal for the state to take Terri and put her in a state place.

Why dont he just make stem-cell legal, and then he could really save Terri.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Mods are free to lock this thread. It's provided for info purposes only.

I am on it

thread closed

top topics

join