It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Original doesn't equal christianity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
K, you obviously know,
there are dozens of translations of the Bible because different peope interpret Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic in diferent ways...
and yes, while i too am a devout Christian, I have to admit the Bile has also been purposefully censored by the Vatican hiearchy in the Catholic Church. The Bible really should have about 600 books instead of 60. There are writings on Jesus's lifetime besides the four gospels. Check out the gospel of St. Thomas. Here's a link.
www.misericordia.edu...
This is just one of the many censored books of teh Bible. Notice how this could lead to the cery destruction of the Catholic Church!!!

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Actually yes it does. I used to be on the other end of the argument. Trust me, I know more than you on your own religion. You know zero on Islam. Keep watching CNN

You have no idea what I know.

You think studying christianity gets you knowledge of it?
You are not even qualified for that, sometimes you have to listen wiser people who know more about it. I gained my knowledge through experience and amazing things that happened to me, spirit reveals everything. I remember studying bible before I was converted. Before I was really converted, I was formaly christian but that was not true because God didn't reveal itself to me yet.
I was debunking it all the time and intepreting it literally, but now true meaning was revealed to me, as it is to all people in spirit who I used to make fun because I thought their teachings are false.

There are many learned people who think they can study christianity but I can assure you, some poor old woman with no education can know more than such people if she pleases God.
He is the only one who can bring true knowledge, it is a gift of Holy Spirit.

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Myth? No, that's true. The Bible has indeed been censored and the Bible of today is not the Bible of 2,000 years ago. Many of it has been lost through the translations. Explain to my why there's dozens of versions of the Bible.

Different versions are because there are different translations to many different languages. Their content is entirely same.
I examined different versions of bible in English, they are all same just use different style.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
I have to admit the Bile has also been purposefully censored by the Vatican hiearchy in the Catholic Church. The Bible really should have about 600 books instead of 60. There are writings on Jesus's lifetime besides the four gospels. Check out the gospel of St. Thomas. Here's a link.
www.misericordia.edu...
This is just one of the many censored books of teh Bible. Notice how this could lead to the cery destruction of the Catholic Church!!!

That gospel is false.

14 Jesus said to them, "If you fast, you will bring sin upon yourselves, and if you pray, you will be condemned, and if you give to charity, you will harm your spirits.
They do not know that I have come to cast conflicts upon the earth: fire, sword, war.

You pray and you will be condemned.. huh.. didn't Jesus pray and..do I really have to comment this? This is absurd LIE.

Stop browsing internet for this BS pages. That is not what would Jesus say, not his style and it's obviously false.

Do you have any evidences that RCC has composed censored bible? No you don't. Noone does, these is a lie created by those who hate RCC.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad
Mohamad is false prophet who is now burning in hell, and you are admiring him while evil is laughing at you. This was revealed by Dante.

Yes Dante, the fiction writer who had studied the Catholic Church's dogmas and incorporated it into his works of pure fiction. You can't use Dante's Inferno or the Divine Comedy as proof someone is in hell, and even Mohammed the Arab, a prophet of God!?! Do you also use Donald Duck as referance to your perverted claims. There are some really good stories by Carl Barks and Don Rosa which incorporate history in much the same way. You never stop to amaze me. Instead of studying a centuries old wave in literature, try reading a little history instead.

Some people should not be allowed to read and write

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Yes, Allah, prophet of God.
Same one that says his religion should be brought by sword when Jesus said peace. Same one who says to take no Christian or Jew for your friend.

I cannot express how stupid what you say is, have you even read Qu'ran? You cannot be muslim and a christian.
But simple sentences in bible and Qu'ran are too complex for you to understand so I wont even bother.
Because of imbeciles like you with limited mental abilities Jesus was put on cross.
Truth will always be persecuted.

[Edited on 17-7-2003 by Megaquad]

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Sorry mq,
but that's what every Catholic I know says. It was dismissed as heresy by the Vatican after it was translated.
That's the problem with Catholic people's beliefs system (not the Catholic people). They believe in their religious leaders veiews and not their God's. You should listen to God. That Gospel woud have destroyed the Vatican, that's why they call it heresy.

You are right about Mohhamed or whatever.
His writings got rejected by the Vatican so he took them back home and started his own lil' fanatical cult/religion thing, which is now one of the three major religions throughout the world. Sry to anyone who is a Muslim, but you should really study your religion's history.

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Yes, Allah, prophet of God.
Same one that says his religion should be brought by sword when Jesus said peace.

Now shut up and listen: it's the other way around: While Jesus said he came to bring sword, Islam means literally PEACE in Arabic. Just like Allah means God in the same language.

Mt 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Same one who says to take no Christian or Jew for your friend.

Just as God tells the Jews to not take after the folks who live in the countries around Israel. Or like Jesus says that we should not take after the Pharicees and the scribes at his time.

I cannot express how stupid what you say is, have you even read Qu'ran? You cannot be muslim and a christian.

No, but Christians and Muslims believe in the same God, they are only bound by different covenants.

But simple sentences in bible and Qu'ran are too complex for you to understand so I wont even bother.
Because of imbeciles like you with limited mental abilities Jesus was put on cross.

Have you ever heared about Lazarus? He was a nutcase, and Jesus loved this guy more than anyone, except perhaps for his sister, Mary. He didn't scream at him, judgeing him to hell!

Besides, I don't have limited mental capabilities at all: Both the army and Mensa tells me I have an IQ way above normal. I speek several languages, I play several instruments... I actually understand why it's folly to pray to the spirits of dead people, and through logics I can figure out why it is an act of an idiot to bend down before a statue. You're not only pathetic, you are also a psychopathic liar who show no signs of empathy whatsoever. You're a divided person, Mega. Divided!

Truth will always be persecuted.

Yes, indeed. Finally you got one thing right. It is not you who are persecuted. It is your church who has persecuted the children of God for ages. Don't you have any memory whatsoever?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
NO,

Any TRUE Christian knows he believes in a different God than the Muslims, because their God (Allah, the God of Abraham and Muhhamed), doesn't exist.
While there is a God of Abraham, he is God, not the Muslims God, Allah. That's what you don't get, Islam is like the Mormon religion. They tell you Jesus is a good start, but there's more to religion. The funny thing is your prohpet Muhhamed knew that Jesus was God, but decided to change the story adn see what happens. When he presented his writings to the Vatican, they rejected it, becuase it was like the Mormon Bible, almost an inverse of the real Bible. Plus it was all his own thoughts, more like a philosophical book then the basis for a religion.

The Islam religion is basically a ripoff of the Christian religion, except, it's not.

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   

NO,

Any TRUE Christian knows he believes in a different God than the Muslims, because their God (Allah, the God of Abraham and Muhhamed), doesn't exist.

It's fun to see you say that Mohammed was godless. That the God who tells the Arabs not to kill a soldier who has surrendered, who tell them not to kill women, old people and children, and that they should not destroy buildings, not even a tree that has one green leaf on it, is somewhat different from the God of Jesus and Abraham. It's real fun to see. You are like the goat who says the hens has another owner, since he doesn't milk them or use their fur for coats.

While there is a God of Abraham, he is God, not the Muslims God, Allah. That's what you don't get, Islam is like the Mormon religion. They tell you Jesus is a good start, but there's more to religion.

Well, getting through the door is a good start isn't it? Jesus is the door, don't you know?

The funny thing is your prohpet Muhhamed knew that Jesus was God, but decided to change the story adn see what happens.

That is a lie. Where do you find all these lies?

When he presented his writings to the Vatican, they rejected it, becuase it was like the Mormon Bible, almost an inverse of the real Bible. Plus it was all his own thoughts, more like a philosophical book then the basis for a religion.

Hehe that's really funny.

The Islam religion is basically a ripoff of the Christian religion, except, it's not.

Tassadar

First you say that the Koran is an inverse of the Bible, then you say it's a ripoff of the Christian religion? Get real. It would have been good for you and a couple of other posters you identify yourself with to take a trip to a muslim country and see with your own eyes what they do and how they worship. Take all your canons and your "apostolic" letters from your emperor and Father, the pope, and stuff'em. There is nothing holy about them. Sensure and sweettalk from liars, that's mostly what it is. Nothing more, nothing less.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Again, I know the history of my religion,
do you know yours?

Tassadar

...loose your past and you loose your future...

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
mikromarius, you have still shown no evidences or anything to back up your theories, they are very paradoxal.
You often contradict yourself and there is no support for them in bible either.
Also, you should study life of some saints and what have they experienced, revelation through them is something like extension of bible. IMHO essential literature.

Also, I think that every religion when it talks about God is reffering to one God, same for everyone only their doctrines are not true. However I think that this is two most important commandments required for salvation of anyone regardless in what you believe:

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well im confirmed into papism but ive grown up now & can look at the history of the roman catholic church & see that it has held the progress of the human race back for X number of years.

The good thing about it is i can live a life of "sin" & on my death bed say the last rites & be completely let off for all my wrongs

But look up a saint called ST Guinefort just to see how stupid papism is.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Again, I know the history of my religion,
do you know yours?

I know enough history to debunk most of your claims as lies. And you know your history you say? Well you're in habile. You don't trust a neo-nazi in what Hitler did. You don't ask a Tassadar what the pope did. I simply don't trust you.

Besides, you wrote about Mohammed how he was rejected by the Vatican since his teachings didn't fit into catholicism and how he instead went off and "made" a complete new religion. Well what is different from the story of the Pharicees with their scribes and Jesus? It sounds exactly the same to me. You better come down from your tower, for ithe book it tells me it is about to fall.

Be my guest, continue to pray to and worship the spirits of dead catholics, keep your statues and your icons, and call your childless priest Father, it's not me who has to answer before God about it. Though it hurts me right into the bone that you teach children to do after you. It was better for you if they put a millstone around your neck and threw you into the sea, to use the famous words of a Priest-King I happen to know quite well, if I may boast a little....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
K dude, sry mikro.

I'm not Catholic, I'm Protestant
Yes, your right, the Catholics are messed up, because according to the Bible you shouild only pray to your God, (that's in the Koran too, right). Yet the Catholics pray to dead saints, angels the mother of Jesus, the Pope, etc..
Christianity is divided into two major sects or factions.
The Catholics and the Protestants.
The Catholics don't live by the Bible, tehy just mess around, pray to idols, and drink wine. Their leader is a guy that drives around in a bulletproof golf car.
Protestants are lead by God, we encourage religious discussion and interpretation of the Bible and God.
The Catholics aer like liberals, they won't let you discusss your religion, because what the priest says you do, you do.

I worship, God, the God of Abraham, the God, of David, the God is Jesus. not the God of Mohhamed. Your god was a false creation concieved by a man bent on seeking vengeance on the Catholic faith for denouncing his writings as heresy.
Alright, what I'm about to say is not blasphemy, just the truth...

There are many Gods, (Elohim, Yaweh, Allah)
There are many Jesus's (the Christian Scientist's consider him an ideal, or state of being, the Mormon's call him a 'good person', the New Age people think he is actually the founder of their religon, (some Vietnamese dude), and the Jesus in your relgion, a prophet of Allah, a good duy, not God)

That is not true, God is Jesus, Jesus is God.
Jesus was not a prohet of God for Jesus was God.
Muhhamed was not a prophet of God. He created his own God that is not real.

Tassadar, revealing the truth

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Be my guest, continue to pray to and worship the spirits of dead catholics, keep your statues and your icons, and call your childless priest Father, it's not me who has to answer before God about it. Though it hurts me right into the bone that you teach children to do after you. It was better for you if they put a millstone around your neck and threw you into the sea, to use the famous words of a Priest-King I happen to know quite well, if I may boast a little....

We were through this many times but whatever, it just hurts me you keep spreading those lies to people..
People have asked saints to pray for them - saints prayed - God listened to prayers and people were saved in impossible situations. End of story.

Can you prove on any way that people shouldn't pray to saints? You approve praying to virgin Mary - she is also "dead" (but we all have immortal soul so not really) how about that?

Tassadar: will you please shut up. Sorry to be harsh but you know nothing, you just say things and back them up with no facts.
You cannot declare anyone guilty without evidences and trial. Besides, only God can judge.
God said that kingdom which is divided cannot survive. Christianity needs a leader, and pope is the leader, successor of Peter. Without leader everything falls apart.

Also, study history of protestantism, it was created by people who were heretics and had no idea how to interpret bible.
Take every little point that makes protestantism different than catholicism and objectively seek truth in bible, study it for days. You will declare true one to be catholicism because there is no base for protestantism in bible.

It seems to be protestant propaganda over there, every protestant says that pope is just old man who..bla bla always the same thing, its amazing!
It is just rude, childish, untrue and very offensive.

Jesus teached us to be obedient, not rebel.
That is why we were put on test.
Among priests there is hierarchy, is it not logical that there is a one person, leader of religion on Earth?

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
MegaQuad,

you being the great Catholic yo uare, why do you need someont to pray for you...
Have you bee blinded by your religious teachings?
You are breaking the first and second commandment.

Exodus 20:
3. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

5. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

How can you do pray to saints whil you knowingly disobey the Lord's 1st and 2nd commandment?

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   

mikromarius, you have still shown no evidences or anything to back up your theories, they are very paradoxal.
You often contradict yourself and there is no support for them in bible either.

Exactly where in the Law, the Scriptures and the Prophets advocates praying to and worshipping the spirits of dead people? Where does God allow the making of, the keeping of and the worshipping of idols and religious art? Exactly where did Jesus say he came to bring peace? When did Jesus ever say anything that wasn't backed up in the Law and the Prophets? The Law and the Prophets is Jesus, try to read first the Tannakh, then take a look into the average church. That, my friend, is PARADOXAL.

On the contrary, Jesus has told me to read and understand instead of quoting out of context. Each book in the bible has it's own characteristics and handles different aspects of the Law. God hates idols and the worshipping of spirits and angels. Period. I could have given you a hundred quotes about this. Period. You're not worth the time. Period.

Also, you should study life of some saints and what have they experienced, revelation through them is something like extension of bible. IMHO essential literature.

What is it with you and your saints. First you kill them. Then you make them into gods and decides what their job in Heaven should be, then you give them a day of worship and you pray to them.

Also, I think that every religion when it talks about God is reffering to one God, same for everyone only their doctrines are not true.

This is not true for among others Hinduism and Catholicism. Basta! Even a child can see that.

However I think that this is two most important commandments required for salvation of anyone regardless in what you believe:

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Yes, you love small parts of the Law, but without following it and disregarding the rest as obsolete. Instead you have made a lying system that systematically disrespect the Law. Mohammed and every muslim is your neighbour. So is every Jew. Never saw you treat him with any of the love you boast about spreading. No, instead you use your dragon tongue to accuse them with things they didn't do or say. Well that, my friend is speeking like a dragon from within a hollow sheep. Mohammed wasn't perfect. Neither are you and me. But to judge a prophet to hell based on what a fiction writer said hundreds of years ago who based his work uppon your own Church's dogma (Dante)..... I wonder, can you also bring down fire from the sky?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
We are not the same Christians that lived 1000 years ago!!!

Are you the same Muslim that lived 1000 years ago?
You sound like your out for blood...

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   

MegaQuad,

you being the great Catholic yo uare, why do you need someont to pray for you...
Have you bee blinded by your religious teachings?
You are breaking the first and second commandment.

Exodus 20:
3. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Saints are not Gods, they are his servants. They are just praying for us. Making God listen to us, they are not our Gods.
Because God will rather listen to them who are clean from sins than us if we sinned.

What are we supposed to say about Jesus then? Debunk him because of this directive? No, that is false interpretation.

4. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Of course, we must not worship anything in sea, anything in sky: sun, stars, moon, animals etc. This has nothing to do with saints, they were mentioned on many places as being loved very much by God.

How can you do pray to saints whil you knowingly disobey the Lord's 1st and 2nd commandment?

Tassadar

Everything has been explained, my friend.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Who decides if God loves them 'very much'?
Your Pope?
he's not God, is he?

God loves me and you and everyone else, why don't you pray to me or George Bush or Tony Blair, or any of the other 6 billion people on the planet!
If your not going to obey half of the commandment , why obey the other half?

James 2:10
For whoever shall keep the whole law and yet stumble in one place, he is guilty of all.

*an excerpt from your BIble*

Your praying to a human being!
Who deicdes if they're saints?
not God, the Cardinals vote on it.

Tassadar

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join