Original doesn't equal christianity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Nothing in christianity is new. Ten commandments? Stolen from Jews. Holidays? Stolen from witches/druids/Jews. God? Jews. Son of god? Greek/Roman. Miracles? Greek/Roman?Jews?witches?druids. Athena got the city of Athens for her miracle was the creation of the olive tree. Moses got help from god and his miracles. Witches/druids got theirs from god and goddess with such things as praying for a good harvest and getting it.

Raising from the dead? Greek/Romans. Heck, mere mortals did it everynow and then.

Walking across water? Aphrodite did it. In fact, she was born from the foam of the sea and walked to shore on top of the water.

Flood? Zues and Hermes did it. Zues and Hermes were in disguise and went around as beegers. Only one old couple gave them food and shelter in an entire city. So that city was wiped out by flood, except for the house of the old couple. Also a world wide flood in other religons before christians.

Christianity, the religon of taking and borrowing without asking. Nothing about it is original. The giants, cyclopses, chariots of fire raining down on a city, none of that is even original to that religon. And compared to most, it is a baby. Only one younger is Islam(main).

So, number 872 question is, with nothing new, nothing of it's own, and being so young, why is it right? Rational answers people, not faith or the bible. Why? Bible has been edited, and there are what? Old, New, KJV, Kinda newer, not as graphic, childrens, older children, young teens, somewhat older than the newest version, and about 700000000000 other versions? All with words missing or added or edited. And faith leads to ignorance, like world flat and center and other bull science tried to prove and got people killed for because it was against the faith.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
First - It didn't steal anything from the Jews. It branched off from Judaism. You may not have noticed this but they share the Old Testament.

Second - As to the resurrection, miracles, etc. just because they may or may not have happened in the past, if they may or may not have happened again it is invalid?

Rational questions, please. Why are you so determined to disprove Christianity? Isn't it enough to simply not believe and leave it at that?

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'll speak for him, it isn't.
Christianity poses a threat to all humankind, firstly I feel ashamed I am one of a race of which some individuals believe in christianity,

secondly, Christianity must be stoped, with al extremism and sh1t going on today and with the current technological advancement the last thing I want is a religious nuclear war.

Thirdly, I don't like to bow to christian morality, and if I don't I'll be arrested/killed, with the only option of living as an hermit, which I don't want to, if we fight christianity, someday all the morals, values and ethics which were absorbed by society will someday vanish for good.

And more, who grants me that in a near future I won't be obligated to follow and practice the christian religion by some extremist government, NWO perhaps?

Now I surely would not want that, and thus I (we) fight.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antichrist
I'll speak for him, it isn't.
Christianity poses a threat to all humankind, firstly I feel ashamed I am one of a race of which some individuals believe in christianity,

secondly, Christianity must be stoped, with al extremism and sh1t going on today and with the current technological advancement the last thing I want is a religious nuclear war.

Thirdly, I don't like to bow to christian morality, and if I don't I'll be arrested/killed, with the only option of living as an hermit, which I don't want to, if we fight christianity, someday all the morals, values and ethics which were absorbed by society will someday vanish for good.

And more, who grants me that in a near future I won't be obligated to follow and practice the christian religion by some extremist government, NWO perhaps?

I'm sure the Mark will find you and be accepted......

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Mark?

I don't munderstand the whole post
please explain

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
10 commandments stolen from Jews?
Christianity is a fulfillment of old testament - in which Jews believe. Jews refused to believe in Jesus.

Antichrist: And more, who grants me that in a near future I won't be obligated to follow and practice the christian religion by some extremist government, NWO perhaps?

Dude you are so off this planet.
Christianity is being destroyed slowly by EU which plays great role in NWO, they are trying to establish Roman Empire that is why they are pushing Greek and Roman culture.

Christianity is about loving enemies not hate and violence.
Fight what? Educate yourself a bit.

Stupidity and ignorance are biggest threat to human race - period. Because of people like you we live in a society which has no respect for anything.

[Edited on 15-7-2003 by Megaquad]

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad
Christianity is being destroyed slowly by EU which plays great role in NWO, they are trying to establish Roman Empire that is why they are pushing Greek and Roman culture.
[Edited on 15-7-2003 by Megaquad]

Right, and Christianity is the manipulation tool in trying to establish another Roman empire.

I agree, Christianity needs to be stopped. It's a pagan religion and it has strayed so far from its beginnings.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Right, and Christianity is the manipulation tool in trying to establish another Roman empire.

I agree, Christianity needs to be stopped. It's a pagan religion and it has strayed so far from its beginnings.

Actually, you are wrong.
Islam is quoted as excuse why Greek and Roman cultures will be in constitution of EU.

Just looking at your post shows the true nature of muslims.
What great evil has Christianity did? Christianity teaches loving enemies.
Islam should be stopped, because of destroying prosperity of countries under Islam dictatorship, abusing rights of woman, not to mention extremist terrorists.
Just to show how far are they willing to go: Muslims shot pope, luckily he survived. They always try to kill pope whenever he travels around such contries. They make lots of threats.
It is generally violent religion with incredible hate towards christianity.

[Edited on 16-7-2003 by Megaquad]

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Actually, you are wrong.
Islam is quoted as excuse why Greek and Roman cultures will be in constitution of EU.

Islam should be stopped, because of destroying prosperity of countries under Islam dictatorship, abusing rights of woman, not to mention extremist terrorists.
Just to show how far are they willing to go: Muslims shot pope, luckily he survived. They always try to kill pope whenever he travels around such contries. They make lots of threats.

What evil did christinity do? well, I'll make you a list.

1. Christianity dehumanises Man, Christinity is deeply against the sexual nature of man, thus it strives to destroy that part of Man's nature dehumanizing him, just as an example.

2. Christianity de-individualizes the individual, as any mass-culture Christianity tries to have all men think equal and behave equal to each other, not only because this is the purpose of any mass-culture but also because it's the only way for a cultural trend to survive and immortalize itself.

3. Christianity destroys free-will. By imposing laws, by setting ethical and moral standarts, Christianism has imposed a mental barrier to man, worst of all, by threats. "You kill, you don't go to heaven", "you baspheme, God won't like you", "You curse, Jesus won't forgive you."

4. Christianism destroys mental capabilities. True Christians don't seek answers, true Christians find God beneath any question mark, true Christians bow to God's wisdom whenever they see anything they don't understand. If you, for any reason, don't act like this, than mind yourself, you are not a true christian, you should be praying you should be mentally talking to God into letting you inside heaven's gates, you should not think why rocks fall if you let them loose, you should ask yourself wether or not God would like you to know this (see point 2). Just go read the damn bible.

Christianism harmfulness comes in all flavours as you can see, and I didn't even have to go into the whole Holy War clich or even the religious intolerance topic. And mind you, what I said about christianism is also valid for most if not all religions.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   

And mind you, what I said about christianism is also valid for most if not all religions.

They are just as true for your own viewpoint.

I've done you the favor of showing you your own post as it speaks on AntiChristianity. Additions and changes by me are in bold.
Please realize that my point is for you to live how you want to live and to let others live (and believe) how they want.

-originally posted by AntiChrist, with changes by me(in bold):

What evil did antichristinity do? well, I'll make you a list.

1. antiChristianity dehumanises Man, antiChristinity is deeply against the spiritual nature of man, thus it strives to destroy that part of Man's nature dehumanizing him, just as an example.

2. antiChristianity de-individualizes the individual, as any mass-culture antiChristianity tries to have all men think equal and behave equal to each other, not only because this is the purpose of any mass-culture but also because it's the only way for a cultural trend to survive and immortalize itself.

3. antiChristianity destroys free-will. By imposing laws, by setting ethical and moral (and spiritual)standarts, antiChristianism has imposed a mental barrier to man, worst of all, by threats.
Christianity poses a threat to all humankind...Now I surely would not want that, and thus I (we) fight. - (posted by antichrist, emphasis mine)

4. antiChristianism destroys mental capabilities. True antiChristians don't seek answers, true antiChristians find no God beneath any question mark, true antiChristians bow to hatred and attack whenever they see anything they don't understand. If you, for any reason, don't act like this, than mind yourself, you are not a true antichristian, . . .Just go read a damn novel.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The original post was the statement that there is nothing original in the Christian faith. The pagan roots of Christianity is a tenet of faith accepted by the anti-theist "skeptics". Indeed they put forth the idea that Christianity is just a form of sun god worship with its roots in mithraism, buddism, krishna, horus of egypt, etc. The "skeptics" hold to the idea that all these belief systems are interralted with parallels (I. e., Chist was crucified, Sri Krishna was curcified, etc.). This is an article of dogmatic faith held by the anti-theist of which no amount of factual refutation will convince them otherwise. They see parallels between beliefs and Buddism and Christianity that simply do not exist and make much ado over coincidences. It is also a tenet of faith held by the anti-theist that all the problems in at least European history were caused by Christians in spite of actual history. The skeptics who read this post will probably agree to the fact that the Christians (through orders of the Pope) caused the following wars: the Crusades, the Punic Wars, the Persian Wars, and the Peloponnesian Wars.

[Edited on 16-7-2003 by jagdflieger]

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by quango

And mind you, what I said about christianism is also valid for most if not all religions.

They are just as true for your own viewpoint.

I've done you the favor of showing you your own post as it speaks on AntiChristianity. Additions and changes by me are in bold.
Please realize that my point is for you to live how you want to live and to let others live (and believe) how they want.

-originally posted by AntiChrist, with changes by me(in bold):

What evil did antichristinity do? well, I'll make you a list.

1. antiChristianity dehumanises Man, antiChristinity is deeply against the spiritual nature of man, thus it strives to destroy that part of Man's nature dehumanizing him, just as an example.

2. antiChristianity de-individualizes the individual, as any mass-culture antiChristianity tries to have all men think equal and behave equal to each other, not only because this is the purpose of any mass-culture but also because it's the only way for a cultural trend to survive and immortalize itself.

3. antiChristianity destroys free-will. By imposing laws, by setting ethical and moral (and spiritual)standarts, antiChristianism has imposed a mental barrier to man, worst of all, by threats.
Christianity poses a threat to all humankind...Now I surely would not want that, and thus I (we) fight. - (posted by antichrist, emphasis mine)

4. antiChristianism destroys mental capabilities. True antiChristians don't seek answers, true antiChristians find no God beneath any question mark, true antiChristians bow to hatred and attack whenever they see anything they don't understand. If you, for any reason, don't act like this, than mind yourself, you are not a true antichristian, . . .Just go read a damn novel.

Nice reply

There is no spiritual nature of man IMHO, what you think is the spiritual nature of man I think is the result of 2k years of inject religiousness and belief in higher beings, if I have NO spiritual side, it can't be that spirituality is inherent to Man.
Others would tell you that your spirituality is a mere quest to hide your own weakness towards nature and its mysteries and an easy answer, thus not an inherent feature of Man but an undesirable trait of some men.

Antichristianism is not a mass-culture, antichristianism is the result of the work of the thinker Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche who sought of INDIVIDUALISM, he never wanted anyone to follow him blindly, infact in his books, the character of Zatathustra, an "antichristian priest" did indeed reject his followers did indeed repent his sayings and his teachings when he realised they turned to a mass-culture, which lead him to run away from all mankind.

Antichristianism does set only 1 standart, you ought to be strong in order to be able to face reality's nihilism without recurring to spiritual answers which don't exist, you ought to be strong by yourself and be able to see past the easy answers.
Antichristianism does not impose neither ethic or moral standarts, it imposes a general moral and ethic anarchy in which one is free to create himself his own set of morals and ethic code, this would be the oposition of any kind of moral and ethic dictatorship.

Antichristians do indeed find no God beneath every questionmark, thus they are not stuck in the easy answer (God) and, by reflecting on reality evolve on their mental capabilities. Antichristianism is then mentl-capabilities-friendly

Antichristians bow to moral anarchy, if it's man's nature to attack and hate, there's your existential answers. A
And indeed I think you are judging antichristianism based on prejudice, we do not attack anything we do not understand, we do try and find answers. I am trying to be a physicist, that's probably my future career and I still don't understand the string theory I find it strange and yet I don't go saying "This is all bullsh, this is all wrong obviously. Newtonian laws are still the only universal truth, relativity is just plain nonsense", in fact one of my goals is to study and try to understand the workings of the string theory. This is just meant as an example, your prejudice is understandable, after all, when discussing antichristianism, we are talking about an extreme change in philosophical views.

Antichristians act morally as they want, because antichristianism is about moral anarchy, thus saying "if you don't act like this you are not a true antichristian" is like saying "if you don't vote for party A you are not a true anarchist.".

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Actually, you are wrong.

Since when is this post about Islam?

Is Islam anywhere in this post?

Is this post about Islam?

Did anyone mention Islam?

Truly your hatred for Islam runs deep.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Antichristianism does not impose neither ethic or moral standarts, it imposes a general moral and ethic anarchy in which one is free to create himself his own set of morals and ethic code, this would be the oposition of any kind of moral and ethic dictatorship.

Thanks for showing me your side of the argument.

This part I quoted is the only part i have trouble with.
I understand moral anarchy (freedom of belief/action) and I agree. But don't Christians have the right to believe (even if it's completely obvious they're being duped?) whatever they choose to believe in? Wouldn't this be their choice?

(otherwise it does become mass-control?)

I suppose you're saying that it's bad for the dogma to be there and in control, but I feel that they've chosen to be controlled. Unfortunate, but then, they could choose not to be or be awakened by concerned individuals.

I guess I'm just saying that moral anarchy seems to, by its definition, allow someone to say "Moral anarchy? What a bunch of crap. I'll take Jesus, thank you very much."

And so is it better to just ignore the Christians or work to 'free them' (and many will fight)?
I choose ignore.

That's all.

[Edited on 16-7-2003 by quango]

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I totally understand your point, and in my opinion if someone would not be allowed to be a christian we would be talking about a moral anarchy, but something like an moral anarchy dictatorship, something like, "you can think and believe whatever you want except this", this is not what I stand for what I stand for is a true moral anarchy.

But I would feel sorry for anyone who would still choose to accept christian moral and ethical code.

I think I should say something about not confusing morals with beliefs but still understand they are tied, yet it is 5:18 AM I have had no sleep and I guess I am a bit tired and "The West Wing" is on Tv so I guess it will have to wait (maybe indefinetly
)

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Since when is this post about Islam?

Is Islam anywhere in this post?

Is this post about Islam?

Did anyone mention Islam?

Truly your hatred for Islam runs deep.

I bet you were so happy to find this thread so you can bash christianity.

Anyway, so this is trial of christianity and everyone has right to bitch at it?

You attack christianity with no arguments - I show you the true facts surrounding your religion and you complain.
I have no problems with Islam before you believers become violent and start attacking christianity.

And Antichrist, just because you don't like something in any religion it doesn't mean it's not true.
It's sad and childish to dismiss belief just because something in it doesn't make your sinful nature satisfied.
You should join that sect then where they have sex 5 times a day then.
But you will find out that you wasted your life and it will be too late.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 06:21 AM
link   
i fint it hard to be a part of a religion that is responsible for the deaths of countless of people. ( crusades etc )
and wasnt christianity forced on to people?
in religion class i was taught that during the crusades, you had a 2 choices, believe in the christian god or get your head chopped off.

in other case i remember i was told that the islam guys let christians live freely in their lands, but if an islam believer lived in christian lands, he was killed unless he changed religion.

plz correct me if im wrong, though i do have a lot of faith in the teacher who taught me these things.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster
i fint it hard to be a part of a religion that is responsible for the deaths of countless of people. ( crusades etc )
and wasnt christianity forced on to people?
in religion class i was taught that during the crusades, you had a 2 choices, believe in the christian god or get your head chopped off.

in other case i remember i was told that the islam guys let christians live freely in their lands, but if an islam believer lived in christian lands, he was killed unless he changed religion.

plz correct me if im wrong, though i do have a lot of faith in the teacher who taught me these things.

Your teacher just hates christianity and that is not true.
Turks conquered half of Europe, slaughtering and forcing Islam on everyone. They attacked first.

If there were not crusades whole Europe would be Islam, they just restored occupied area as it was before.

Sura 8:39 "And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah altogether and everywhere..."

It is doctrine of Qu'ran to force people to convert or die.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Your teacher was a christianity hater and that is not true.
Turks conquered half of Europe, slaughtering and forcing Islam on everyone. They attacked first.

If there were not crusades whole Europe would be Islam, they just restored occupied area as it was before.

actually she is far from a christianity hater. sorry.
and can you give me a link where i can read about these turks forcing islam?
and what about the conquistadors who slaughtered half ot more of south america. and why havent they ever heard about our god? even though they had been there pretty long.

i live in finland, no turks ever came here, that is for sure. so why did the christians come here from sweden and force the religion on the original finnish people?

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Original Quote by Antichrist.
There is no spiritual nature of man IMHO, what you think is the spiritual nature of man I think is the result of 2k years of inject religiousness and belief in higher beings, if I have NO spiritual side, it can't be that spirituality is inherent to Man.
Others would tell you that your spirituality is a mere quest to hide your own weakness towards nature and its mysteries and an easy answer, thus not an inherent feature of Man but an undesirable trait of some men.

The spritual nature has been around longer than the 2k years as you have put it. Every man who has walked this planet and is going to, has an inherent spritual yearning. You my friend have it to. You are looking for the answers that you feel can untie the mystries of the universe (hoping that in doing so you can prove God aint there). But, if you were to live for 2k years you will still be no closer than you are now to knowing the truth. But what you might find there in you quest, and be careful not to overlook it (which sadly so many people like yourself do) will be God in action. For now antichrist you are a 'positivist'. And if there is one thing I can gaurantee you, you will never know it all. Thus what worth is your life without sprituality. You are bound for nothingness!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join