It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Schiavo - Sworn Affidavit by RN Ciyer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
But I can't believe you're now doubting she was even bulemic.
I've never heard that doubted before in any of the offical findings.

I have never heard it believed by a credible source.
Would you show me some 'official findings' that prove her
blood was imbalanced or her throat was bloody on the inside
from throwing up ... something credible. Thanks.

Michael claims it was bulemia. But I have
not seen a medical confirmation of this.

www.earnedmedia.org...
Terri's bone scan report upon the ambulance
taking her to the hospital after her 'collapse'.

[edit on 3/23/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
They had this so called Nurse on live last night and frankly
she did not seem creditable to me at all.

Medical blog site - info both supporting and against the nurse.
medpundit.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

But I can't believe you're now doubting she was even bulemic.
I've never heard that doubted before in any of the offical findings.

I have never heard it believed by a credible source.
Would you show me some 'official findings' that prove her
blood was imbalanced or her throat was bloody on the inside
from throwing up ... something credible. Thanks.

Michael claims it was bulemia. But I have
not seen a medical confirmation of this.

www.earnedmedia.org...
Terri's bone scan report upon the ambulance
taking her to the hospital after her 'collapse'.

The last link I gave summarizes and cites Jeb's investigation as well.
abstractappeal.com...

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

What follows are some questions about the history of the Terri Schiavo case as well as the best answers known to me. My focus on this case has always been from a legal perspective, though I've recently updated this section to address some questions I am repeatedly asked. In each answer, I try to indicate my source.

What happened to Terri?

The Second District's opinion in the first appeal in this case explains:

On February 25, 1990, . . . Theresa, age 27, suffered a cardiac arrest as a result of a potassium imbalance. Michael called 911, and Theresa was rushed to the hospital. She never regained consciousness.

I've heard Michael beat or strangled her nearly to death and that he wants her to die to cover up his abuse. What really happened?

I do not know this family and will not comment on whether any abuse occurred. I can, however, look to the case's history and point out some items that might be relevant to anyone considering this issue.

First, "Terri's Law" required the chief judge of the local circuit court to appoint a guardian ad litem (GAL) to examine Terri's case and advise the Governor. The chief judge appointed Dr. Jay Wolfson from the University of South Florida. Dr. Wolfson's December 2003 report to Governor Bush included this bit of factual history:

The cause of the cardiac arrest was adduced to a dramatically reduced potassium level in Theresa's body. Sodium and potassium maintain a vital, chemical balance in the human body that helps define the electrolyte levels. The cause of the imbalance was not clearly identified, but may be linked, in theory, to her drinking 10-15 glasses of iced tea each day. While no formal proof emerged, the medical records note that the combination of [Theresa's] aggressive weight loss, diet control and excessive hydration raised questions about Theresa from Bulimia, an eating disorder, more common among women than men, in which purging through vomiting, laxatives and other methods of diet control become obsessive.

Also relevant to questions about the cause of Terri's collapse is the lawsuit that Michael brought on Terri's behalf against Terri's doctors. The premise of that early 1990s lawsuit was that the doctors committed malpractice by failing to diagnose Terri's bulimia and that her bulimia led to her cardiac arrest. The case was tried to a jury, which ruled in Michael's favor, finding that Terri had bulimia, that her bulimia caused her cardiac arrest, and that the doctors were negligent in failing to diagnose the situation. The verdict was appealed, and before the appellate court could rule, the parties settled, with Michael recovering approximately $750,000 for Terri and $300,000 for himself.

After this case gained national attention in 2003, Gary Fox, the lawyer who represented Terri and Michael in that suit, wrote a stirring column concerning Terri's bulimia and how the tragic effects of that disease have been lost in the hoopla surrounding this case. The St. Pete Times still has that column online, and you can read it here.

The significance of the medical malpractice lawsuit can be seen in a few ways. A jury agreed that bulimia caused Terri's collapse. The defendants were her doctors -- one might think that they, of all people, would have been able to show that Terri had been beaten or strangled if that was what had occurred. Also, to believe that Michael caused Terri's collapse by beating her is to believe that Michael initiated a lawsuit against someone else for causing her collapse, opening the whole matter to serious inquiry and greatly increasing the risk that someone would discover his role.

Finally, I am not aware that anyone -- not the paramedics, doctors, nurses, family members, friends, or anyone else -- who saw Terri in the hours, weeks, and months after her collapse ever suggested at the time that Terri had been beaten or strangled.

As I said above, I am not commenting on whether any abuse actually occurred. I don't know.

But isn't there a bone scan that shows Terri was beaten?

I honestly don't know. What I understand is that a bone scan was taken in 1991 and that the doctor who read it saw on it evidence of past trauma at various places on Terri's body. Some consider that evidence of a severe beating by her husband, others consider it evidence consistent with bulimia, a fall, and CPR by paramedics. Whether trauma really happened, or what kind, or when, are all unclear.

The bone scan was not raised in the original trial regarding Terri's wishes. The issue was raised by the Schindlers in a November 2002 emergency motion. Judge Greer rejected the matter as being irrelevant to the issue of Terri's wishes. See the order linked in the timeline above.

If you read it all, it's pretty darn dismissive of any "MichaelGate" in my mind, supportive of the Bulemia findings, and highly suspect of the Schindler's "bone scan" appeal 11 years after the fact (the first 4 of which they supported Michael completely).

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

If you read it all, it's pretty darn dismissive of any "MichaelGate"
in my mind, supportive of the Bulemia findings,

Thanks Rant. Looks like she probably had bulemia.
It's just strange ... she had bulemia and her body
decided to 'collapse' at that time? Right after saying
she wanted a divorce? The smoke is clearing ... but
there is still some hanging in the air.
Perhaps the strain of a pending divorce, plus his
'in your face' personality pushed the heart to it's limit -
and her heart was weakened by the bulemia????
hmmmmmmmm

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Im sure what ever Idea you can come up with about her has been posted.

I don't want to talk about Terri. I want to talk about MICHAEL.

This is a conspiracy site.
I believe he has been engaged in a conspiracy to kill her.

it wouldnt surprise me, after all Mr Michael Schiavo only realized his wife wanted to die after he received 1 M dollars ??? why didnt he remmbered that before ?? how convenient

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Since this is not about Terri but about the husband I will leave it open

[edit on 23-3-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Im sure what ever Idea you can come up with about her has been posted.

I don't want to talk about Terri. I want to talk about MICHAEL.

This is a conspiracy site.
I believe he has been engaged in a conspiracy to kill her.

it wouldnt surprise me, after all Mr Michael Schiavo only realized his wife wanted to die after he received 1 M dollars ??? why didnt he remmbered that before ?? how convenient

He turned it down, he has turned down 11 million.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well it seems that the government has send a "expert" to review her case without fiscally examining her and it has concluded that she is not completely in vegetable state.

So the governor may sign a bill to save her life.

So that will sure make happy all the people that has been fighting for her live, and will overrule the husband's rights.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well it seems that the government has send a "expert" to review her case without fiscally examining her and it has concluded that she is not completely in vegetable state.

Marg I am not sure why the government would feel the need to "fiscally" examine her? Do you think that she possibly can't afford the costs of continued hospitalization?

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Actually the state will take over her, as guardian and keep her alive until another round of court appeals starts again, so I imagine that the ones to paid the bill will be the state of Florida.

I am not sure. I feel all this is so tragic I just make sure that I will not have to go through all this if I am in the same condition.

Well it seems that the Florida senate said not again, this is just becoming a circus.

Now the governor wants the president to take matters in hand again that bring in mind again the hidden agenda.

That is not good, this is becoming too politicized now.

[edit on 23-3-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The latest is two things...

1. The governor wants to try and get custody. WTF??? So, if he somehow wins this (which he won't, but still), this would set a precedent for a politician to just say, "hey, I like your wife, the hell with law, I want to take over"

2. The parents are asking the Supreme Court to hear the case again (which they previously refused to do).

All on the basis of some doctor saying she isn't in a PSV....(despite numerous court-appointed doctors' previous diagnosises....)

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

All on the basis of some doctor saying she isn't in a PSV....(despite numerous court-appointed doctors' previous diagnosises....)

More disinfomation, the entire case is based on ONE anti-life "hired-gun". There are actually 33 other opinions that are being ignored.

"Saint mickie" is as vile as they come...............

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   

More disinfomation, the entire case is based on ONE anti-life "hired-gun".

Funny, this is a local case for me, I've been watching it unfold on the news for over a decade...you?

court-appointed doctors have made this diagnosis in repeated court hearings on this case (I believe we're up to something like 29 hearings now)....not one doctor. Some of this has even been pointed out in this very thread, let alone the other Terri threads..

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Funny, this is a local case for me, I've been watching it unfold on the news for over a decade...you?

court-appointed doctors have made this diagnosis in repeated court hearings on this case (I believe we're up to something like 29 hearings now)....not one doctor. Some of this has even been pointed out in this very thread, let alone the other Terri threads..

Try this place, and yes, I have been following this case for many years.

www.terrisfight.net...

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

www.terrisfight.net...

Why, the name alone ensures it's complete nonbias and that it'll show support for both sides...

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

www.terrisfight.net...

Why, the name alone ensures it's complete nonbias and that it'll show support for both sides...

With the bias in the major media, its the only source of facts. Read and then judge. Don't let the bias judge for you............

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well we will find out what the Supreme court has to said, is in their hands, occurs the two brother bush has been working on it, themselves.

So I think we have not seen the end of all this yet, supreme court or not.

And for Dr.Horacid information the American public in all sides have express their views and majority agree that is a family matter not the politicians and religious interest groups.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
No, I'm letting common sense judge for me. And I've seen more media supporting Terri's family (for example, constantly showing the clip of her apparent smiling, etc.) than supporting Michael...so if there's any media bias, it's on THAT side..

1. Would YOU want to live in Terri's condition?
2. Would YOU like to be imprisoned in your body for 15 years?
3. When incapacitated, is it not the spouse's perogative to make decisions for you, not just by law, but by common sense?
4. Numerous courts, including the State Supreme Court, have ruled the above is so, and the Supreme Court has refused to hear such appeals, as the law is clear.
5. Should we show a person less compassion than we do our own pets if terminal?

Finally this...

On Feb. 25, 1990, at age 27, she suffered cardiac arrest as a result of a potassium imbalance. Court-appointed doctors have found her to be severely brain-damaged because oxygen was cut off from her brain. The doctors say she is in a persistent vegetative state that offers no hope of recovery.

www.palmbeachpost.com...

Court-appointed doctors say Schiavo is in a persistent vegetative state, after her heart stopped beating temporarily 15 years ago, cutting off oxygen to her brain. She did not leave any written instructions about care, but her husband, Michael Schiavo, contends she told him that she would not want to be kept alive artificially. Her parents dispute that, and deny their daughter is in a vegetative state

mediresource.sympatico.ca...

The court-appointed doctors maintained Schiavo is in a persistent vegetative state (PVS), with no chance for recovery.

www.bpnews.net... (a site for Terri's family I might add)

Court-appointed doctors say Schiavo, 41, is in a persistent vegetative state with no hope of recovery

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

Need I go on? Didn't think so...

[edit on 24-3-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Since this is not about Terri but about the husband I will leave it open

We may need a new thread soon on Jeb, but for now I'll post here.

Despite 82% of Americans now citing opposition to Congressional and Presidential intervention in the Schiavo case, Jeb Bush is now considering 11th Hour Appeals from the fringe elements seeking life at any cost to intervene with police action.

Despite Jeb's independent findings (cited earlier in this thread) from 2003 to the contrary, now he's found a glorified proctologist and "Christian Bioethicist" to disagree with the independent medical community supporting his possible decision to start what will surely be an ideological civil war.

Luckily I like the odds for the reality based community despite the fringe fanatics firm grip on the testicles of everyone with the last name Bush, Frist or Delay.

"Although Terri did not demonstrate during our 90-minute visit compelling evidence of verbalization, conscious awareness or volitional behavior," he wrote, "yet the visitor has the distinct sense of the presence of a living human being who seems at some level to be aware of some things around her."

Mr. Bush called Dr. Cheshire a "renowned neurologist," but he is not widely known in the neurology or bioethics fields. Asked about him, Dr. Arthur Caplan, director of the Center for Bioethics at the University of Pennsylvania, replied, "Who?"

Dr. Cheshire, who graduated from Princeton and earned a medical degree at West Virginia University, did not return calls to the Mayo Clinic seeking comment. The clinic said in a statement that his work on the Schiavo case was not related to his work at the clinic and that the state had invited his opinion. "He observed the patient at her bedside and conducted an extensive review of her medical history but did not conduct an examination," the statement said.

Dr. Caplan said that was not good enough. "There is just no excuse for going in and making any pronouncement about the state that Terri Schiavo is in unless you're going to go in and do some form of technologically mediated scanning that would overturn what's on the record already," he said.

Dr. Ronald Cranford, a neurologist and medical ethicist at the University of Minnesota Medical School who has examined Ms. Schiavo on behalf of the Florida courts and declared her to be irredeemably brain-damaged, said, "I have no idea who this Cheshire is," and added: "He has to be bogus, a pro-life fanatic. You'll not find any credible neurologist or neurosurgeon to get involved at this point and say she's not vegetative."

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

We may need a new thread soon on Jeb, but for now I'll post here.

Despite 82% of Americans now citing opposition to Congressional and Presidential intervention in the Schiavo case, Jeb Bush is now considering 11th Hour Appeals from the fringe elements seeking life at any cost to intervene with police action.

Not a bad idea, possible in Website-Related? (as it'll be the conspiracy angle)???

I know we're straying off of Michael a bit, but this seems to one of the few Terri threads not already locked, hehe....

As I've said for days now, the scary thing in all this, regardless of your feelings on the case, is the gross abuse of power demonstrated by both the governor and the President in this matter, as well as their attempts to undermine the checks and balances system as established by the Constitution.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join