It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guys with long hair....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
If there's one thing I've always wondered, why do guys like to grow their hair out? It seems like a lot of guys nowadays are growing their hair out. About three years ago I started growing my hair out for a year until I had it cut. My hair wasn't super long but it was long enough to reach my nose, which is the longest I've ever had it. There were several people at the time who wondered why I had cut it and said long hair really looked good on me, but I basically cut it because of all the damage that had been done to my hair.

I'm starting to grow it out again and I can certainly say I did miss my long hair. But for my personal reason in why I'm growing my hair out, I guess its just something that I've always wanted to do to see how much I would like it and how it would look on me. For those of you who have or did have long hair, what was or is your reason for growing it out and why did you cut it, if you did?

JAK

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I think there is more to this than at first might be percieved.

- Rimmer discusses his view of history with Kryten, "Red Dwarf"

"Well, I'm no stranger to the land of scoff. Perhaps you'd like to explain why it is that every major battle in history has been won by the side with the shortest hair cut. "

"Oh, surely not sir. "

"Think about it, why did the US Cavalry beat the Indian nation? Short back and sides verses girlie Hippy locks. The Cavaliers and the Roundheads? One-nil to the Pudding basins. Vietnam, crew cuts both sides, no score draw."
Jack

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I haven't cut my hair sence my son went to Iraq. When he get back in April off it comes. It will be to hot for the summer, I'll be damn if I will wear it in a pony tail. Ya'll know what's under a ponytail don't ya.

It did keep the cold wind from going down my back.

Roper

[edit on 23-3-2005 by Roper]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
In a way, long hair is a prerequisite for me
haha...I'm an 80s metal guitarist, and ya have to have somethin up top to swirl around whilst kickin out some killer chops......

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I started growing my hair out just as something new and different to do...A had a few other friends with long hair, then my best friend stopped cutting his, so we made it a little contest to see "how long" we could go....

He ended up cutting his hair b/c his grandparents were going to remove him from their will
....seriously....lol

He's been growing it back now though, as he regreted that decision...

Too bad! I've got him beat now
...I've been letting it go for about four years now and it's down to the middle of my back....

Just a couple months ago I stopped shaving.....I've got the whole Jesus thing going....:shk:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Well I've been growing my hair out for about 2 years now, not because I like long hair(I hate it) I'm just too damn lazy(and cheap) to get a 5 dollar haircut.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I let my hair grow for a month or two but then I made myself get it cut because it just looked sort of......naff

Might grow my hair again to see what it looks like.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
1. Long hair is hot on guys ( well...most of em )
2. Long hair can be tied back, which is hot on guys (...some of em)
3. Long hair is cool!

I had long hair and I cut it...now I REALLY miss my long hair (hence why Im growing it out again)

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am growing my hair out to about 12 inches so I can cut it off and donate it to Locks of Love for Cancer patients

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufochaser

I am growing my hair out to about 12 inches so I can cut it off and donate it to Locks of Love for Cancer patients

Awwww, that's so nice of you! My ex girlfriend was growing hers out about 3 feet for that same reason.

BTW there is this guy I know that has hair down to his waist, which is really wierd IMO. Though I'm not sure if he's donating it or what...

new topics

top topics

join