It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Music Festivals Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Will anybody be attending one or more of the summer music festivals this year? Which festival do you think has the best line up? Do you think Glasto is over-rated? Got any cool festival stories to share?
Share it all here - your official UK festivals thread

So far I'm going to the V festival in Staffs, but may also venture up to the Leeds Carling festival. Both have good line-ups so far, a great mix of bands, and the two festivals have agood contrast to each other (Chilled out V, and full on Leeds). One things for sure - its gonna be a right disco!
:w:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
By that you will probly have guessed i will be going to the feeder concert-the one at birminghm acedemy on 31st march. i also want to go to reading or leeds- mainly because iron maiden are performing but it looks a good line up ne how.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
im off to download this year,
it has a wicked line up

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It does look like a good line-up doesn't it (download)!? I'm not much of a metal fan, but I'd definitely go there if I had the wonga. MCR, Motorhead, Garbage, Velvet Revolver and the almighty Sabbath - can't argue with that!

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Download Festival rules this year!

Meshuggah
Lamb Of God
Chimaira
In Flames
Slipknot
Mudvayne

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I've been to the Reading Festival for the last two years and had an awesome time! Already bought my ticket, anyone else been?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Would be going to T in the Park again this year if all the tickets hadn't been bought up by touts selling them on ebay at three times the price

Saying that the line up doesn't look as good as last year...who wants to see Snoopdog at a festival?! Still a surprisingly friendly atmosphere though, considering the 60,000 drunk and drugged up Scotsmen in a muddy field.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
I've been to the Reading Festival for the last two years and had an awesome time! Already bought my ticket, anyone else been?

My brother went to the corresponding Leeds Festival last year; he reckoned it was amazing, and looking at the line up I saw why.

I'd jump at the chance to go to either site of the Carling Festival this year. 3 of my favorite new bands are playing - Kasabian, Razorlight, Killers as well as a great up besides them. Dunno if I can manage the £250 for me and the Mrs as we've already bought V tickets on this months pay, before I knew who was playing at Leeds/Reading.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Yep it should be a good show once again.

Looking forward to the likes of NOFX, Roote Manuva and The Pixies. Oh yeah and how could I forget the wonderful Foo's

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Not sure if I've asked you this before Paul but where abouts in the Midlands are you from?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Not sure if I've asked you this before Paul but where abouts in the Midlands are you from?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion

You did mate

I'm from Cannock, just north of Walsall.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
*Short term memory loss kicks in*

lol nice one.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Not going to a festival, am going to Class Act 05 (which is tonight but its also on tomorrow night but I wanted to go tonight)

Details: CLASS ACT 05 MARITZA Fronted and named after talented singer Sam Maritza, the five piece cleverly mix bluesy guitars and classical piano’s to create a mature Indie-rock sound, somewhere between The Cranberries, Muse and Dido. BLUE ROSES Blue Roses are singer/songwriter Rosie Wilkes and collaborator Daniel Warner. Their performance promises to be a stylized combination of passionate acoustic songs with Heart wrenching Strings supplied by the Roses very own String Trio. POXY Picking up where ‘No Doubt’ left off ‘Poxy’ are a Rocky Blend of Punk Pop. Their set includes Musical nods of the head to Hardcore, Ska and Goth which are superbly brought together by catchy lyrics and melodies. SCARLACE Very few bands can master the art of ‘Black Soul’. Fronted by three girl’s Scarlace with their tight harmonies, jazzy songs and Diva like performances are giving it their best shot. ZED-BELLY The lyrical genius that is James Lancaster will take to the stage in what promises to be an entertaining journey of poetry based music. James has the lyrics and style of Dylan and the persona of Timmy Mallet. His creative writing includes a political creation of a new race and how the power of love can reach the most unusual of settings. MC & MC MC and MC are two of the most talented young rappers around. Angered by the music industries insistence on boxing all music into certain genre’s, they exert their frustration about school and being associated with drugs and violence in genre defying explosion – produced by Hip Hop producer John Sambrook. SUGAR-SUGAR Classic soul and funk from the 12 piece line up. Expect funky breaks, tight brass and classic 70’s funkadelia from star performers Chloe Smith and Craig Stanton.

Should be good and only a fiver, well i hope its good

[edit on 22-7-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Nice one. Looks a nice ecclectic line up - certainly not bad for a fiver! Whats the Garrick like as a venue? I've never had chance to go there.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Oh yeah, did anyone here go to Glasto this year?

Managed to wash the mud out of your hair yet? I was down there the day before, watching Babyshambles' warm up set, and the weather was beautiful - i couldn't believe the pictures on TV the next day!

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul
Whats the Garrick like as a venue? I've never had chance to go there.

Haven't a clue, I've only ever walked past it but I've heard its good.

I'll post tomorrow on what its like

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
*wakes up*

tis was brilliant

Listened to a few bands (very different styles) each performing on average about three songs, all were extremely talented
the Concert place itself was pretty good, it was a seating arrangement with nice padded seats...there was a break in the middle of the show so people could get up and move around, get something to eat etc etc
If there's ever a concert on at the Garrick I'd recomend going and seeing it

top topics

join