It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The One Religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The link below is one of Maitreya's goals, to unite all world religions. It will be the One Religion TO RULE THEM ALL!!!

www.maitreya.org...

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
One Religion to rule them all, One Religion to find them,
One Religion to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Not the best choice of words, you might say. Interesting site though...checking it out.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The only thing this planet and humanity needs right now to put us back on the right path is the truth and not more religious lies spun as the truth. Anyone who puts there spiritual development in the hands of others is only asking for trouble. It's time to empower yourself & not others.

Example: Why is the Gospel of Thomas banned from the Bible, probably because its closer to the truth of what Jesus really believed and stood for.

Jesus does not prophesy an apocalypse with the coming of Gods kingdom on Earth, but instead denounces all those who put there faith in such prophecies or prophets. Asked when the new world will come, Jesus points out that it is already here, but until we are awakened we cannot see it. What you look for has come, but you do not know it. "The father's kingdom is spread out upon the Earth and people do not see it."

The verses repeatedly state that GODS kingdom is within all of us, and not as the church has insisted in the heavens barred to the sinner by Saint Peter.

One reason for the Church's vehement opposition to the Thomas Gospel was the inclusion of Jesus's repeated warning to us not to entrust our spiritual development and well being to others, be they priests, politicians or prophets.

"The truth comes from within and that truth shall set us free"

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Find your own truth, look within.

Peace & Prosperity to all

Take Care
Kindred

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
i'm almost speachless. it just doesn't feel right.

it seems to be a way to try to bring all religions together no matter how differant their teachings are. kind of like a cult. they definately have the charasmatic leader for it.

on the surface it certaily looks good but it just does not feel right when i am reading about it.in a way i guess i feel like this guy is a used car salesman who makes a car look and sound good but later?

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Right on the money Kindred. That is one of the reasons I don't go to a church, although I would if they tought along those lines. It is sad to see so many looking for the right path only to be deceived to the wrong one.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Will this be the religion for a one world order? I wonder if you can get doses of the religion in a drive-thru so you don't have to sit through a long sermon?

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
i'm almost speachless. it just doesn't feel right.

it seems to be a way to try to bring all religions together no matter how differant their teachings are. kind of like a cult. they definately have the charasmatic leader for it.

on the surface it certaily looks good but it just does not feel right when i am reading about it.in a way i guess i feel like this guy is a used car salesman who makes a car look and sound good but later?

Good call drogo. There's already a religion out there that tried to tie them all together into one. I feel the same way about that one too.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The reason I posted this topic is because I'm also suspicious about this unified religion Maitreya's trying to bring. I wanted to here other's views on it

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo_believer
The link below is one of Maitreya's goals, to unite all world religions. It will be the One Religion TO RULE THEM ALL!!!

www.maitreya.org...

They've got nothing on Rev. Moon and the UNIFICATION CHURCH. He's been saying that 30 years and getting closer and closer to doing it ever since.

Only in his vision Government serves his one united Religion.

PS - Save Terri.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Bottom line: It isn't going to happen.

Human nature prevents the idea of pure groupthink. Even as we have seen here, we seem to be unable to reach pure agreement. There will always be distrust, doubt, disagremrent and this will lead to schism.

The Catholics used to believe that if they could just tell everyone of their religion they'd all covert, we all know what happened there. As devout as anyone can be, there is someone equally devout to a contrasting belief. We are just too diverse for all 6.5 billion people of earth to fall in for one religion.

The Maitreyas (whom I've not yet had the pleasure of meeting or researching directly) seem from their website to hold some interesting, but I believe a bit naive ideas. The principal folly I see from this surface review of their dogma is the depth of their archane and esoteric ideology. There are a good number of people who just don't want to do that much work. A lot of people are content to just go to worship weekly (or just on holidays) and wear some pendant of their faith, and that is the extent of their involvment in religion. Complex and intricate inner change is hard, and the masses really don't want to bother.

Rev. Moon (whom I have studied and met with followers of) holds a very different view, he is trying to unite the world under a rather fundamentalist Christian ideology, and has not really met with much triumph compaired to most established religions. His main problem is that the dogma just turns a lot of people off. It's very family-centric and for those of us who do not wish to have children or wait until married to have sex, it's not exactly an appealing religious path, regardless of how charismatic the leadership and followers are.

I highly doubt that, even in the instance of proof, one religion could come to be humanity's only faith.

In responce to others writings:

Kindred, I like your ideas there, nicely put.

As for those who think the Maitreyas sound rather shifty in their intent, I doubt from what I've read there's any hidden agenda. They seem like they are just rather idealistic that's all. They also do not fit the criterion for being classified as a "bad" or dangerous religion. One must remember that it is the goal of all evangelistic religions to convert as many as they can with the eventual goal of total conversion.

~Astral

[edit on 3/23/2005 by The Astral City]

new topics

top topics

join