It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symbols: The Ankh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Does the Ankh hold any special qualities today as the ancient Egyptians once believed that it held?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I don't know about any one else but to me the ankh is still a symbol of life and even protection. I get a sense of awe whenever I look at one actually.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
the ankh still holds the same qualities that the Egyptians regard, the question is whether you believe in those qualities. If you do then the symbol will still apply, if you don't it doesn't.

www.nisbett.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I don't know what's "Paranormal" about the Ankh(perhaps the topic could be moved).

But yes, it represents Life. Man, Woman and Child.

According to my knowledge, the top part represents the womb, and the bottom vertical part represents the phallus.

Man it's annoying, to see gothic kids and new-agers wearing the Ankh without having any idea of it's true meaning.

HOTEP

[edit on 22-3-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Tamahu I agree with you. Some people just don't take the time to understand.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
I don't know what's "Paranormal" about the Ankh.

But yes, it represents Life. Man, Woman and Child.

According to my knowledge, the top part represents the womb, and the bottom vertical part represents the phallus.

Man it's annoying, to see gothic kids and new-agers wearing the Ankh without having any idea of it's true meaning.

HOTEP

[edit on 22-3-2005 by Tamahu]

Well if you believe that it holds those same qualities, and it perhaps maybe does make those qualities true, then it would be paranormal? I didn't really know where to post this, but I thought this would be a good board because of my experience with the people who read it.

Tak

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Awww....yes...the Ankh. It represents erternal life does it not? I might be wrong but I think I read that somewhere. I dont think there is anything paranormal about it....mabye luck or protection if you belive in it.

As for people not knowing what it is or stands for you'll have that every where. I dont mean to me too childish but the new 'cool' is rebellion...at least thats what it seems like. I hate fads...and the people who follow them...conformity makes me sick.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Due to it having a huge significance in their culture as depicted by their drawings, has one ever been found? Not a symbolic representation of one in the form of, say an ornament, but a real one? Does anyone have any images of one or knows where one can be found?

I'll give you an example... The Egyptian Sistrum, these are known and real examples exist as seen below.

But I cannot find a real example of an Ankh. Like the Djed, these were found in the desert of Egypt and is how the so called 'inventor' of the battery 'Alessandro Volta' got his idea from.

edit on 19-10-2011 by reddpill because: (no reason given)

top topics

join