It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make your own Shroud of Turin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
A scholar of New St. Andrews College, Idaho, claims to have successfully created an image very like the Shroud of Turin.

He did it with a combination of glass, paint, linen and sunlight - all available to a possible Mediaeval forger.

Wilson put fabric under a glass panel painted with a human face - using white paint - and left it in the sun for a few days.

Wilson found that when a positive image of a man's face was painted onto glass, and left over linen beneath the sun, a color inversion took place, creating a photo negative.

"Wherever light paint had been applied, the linen remained dark beneath, and wherever the darker shade of linen had been left bare, the image lightened. In this regard, the image produced is very similar to that of the Turin Shroud," Wilson told Discovery News.

In addition, the rising and setting of the sun - exposing the image from nearly one hundred and eighty degrees - encoded the image on the cloth three-dimensionally.

dsc.discovery.com...

This is not to say that the Shroud of Turin definitely is a forgery, merely that the ingredients and knowledge required to create such an item did exist during the middle ages - the time frame when forgeries were widespread and 'pardoners' cashed in on the pious nature of pilgrims.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

This is not to say that the Shroud of Turin definitely is a forgery, merely that the ingredients and knowledge required to create such an item did exist during the middle ages - the time frame when forgeries were widespread and 'pardoners' cashed in on the pious nature of pilgrims.

Wow, would you look at that. Miracles of technomology.
I agree, just because we can reproduce that effect does not make the shroud a forgery. I guess this is textbook material to some people on ebay. Gosh the things they sell!

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Scientists have been trying for years to work out how the shroud was painted onto the linen, without success. Of particular interest was the '3D' effect of taking a negative of the original. This 'sun-bleaching' process is the closest anyone has got so far to replicating it.

I may give it a go in the Summer

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hahahaha!
Now thats what I call ART!

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
just try doing that in the time jesus was just being burried or whatever lol

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Scientists have been trying for years to work out how the shroud was painted onto the linen, without success. Of particular interest was the '3D' effect of taking a negative of the original. This 'sun-bleaching' process is the closest anyone has got so far to replicating it.

I may give it a go in the Summer

GO EBAY WITH IT !!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
GO EBAY WITH IT !!!!

The original ancient cornish pixy shroud for sale. Heck it better go for atleast a few hundred bucks!

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
GO EBAY WITH IT !!!!

The original ancient cornish pixy shroud for sale. Heck it better go for atleast a few hundred bucks!

I suppose I could always sell my socks

There's a terrible smell in Dingley Dell
'Cause the pixies are washing their socks

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I suppose I could always sell my socks

There's a terrible smell in Dingley Dell
'Cause the pixies are washing their socks

NOOOOOOO Pisky! Please dont unleash the most dangerous WMD ever known to mankind!

new topics

top topics

join