It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magonia: chrononauts?

page: 1

join
share:
DC1

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This topic has been tickling my mind for quite a while... and I've finally decided to share my thoughts with you all.

Being an avid learner of all that concerns UFOs, much of my attention dedicated to the subject is spent into trying to link information into an intelligible, reasonable pattern. Theories obviously pile up in the meantime, and I strive to take all available knowledge as a whole and thus possibly 'shape' it into a conclusive, satisfactory shape.

Lately, I find myself cocooned into the hypothetical fact that UFOs are but time-travelling, or better, dimension-travelling ultratech means. A rather big push into this new (for me) line of thought has been a careful study over the fascinating glyphics found on the Roswell's wreck's I-beam.

Surely you all know what they look like, as I have found them on the internet through Google (link provided below all the same), and the word "DIURETHPHELE" keeps flashing before my eyes, as it was shown that read backwards (and translated) it is "ELEPHTERIA" meaning 'Freedom'. Greek-resembling glyphs... so amazing.

Freedom.... from time/dimension bonds? Are UFOs sightings in fact our future relatives coming 'back' to check their past?

Roswell Glyphs found at www.crystalinks.com...

Does anybody follow this line of thought?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
thats pretty interesting, First time i had heard about this. strange that the word Freedom would appear in the craft. Are there anymore of these phrases? and why would they be in Greek, unless Greek is derived from it. does anyone know the origin of Greek language?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This thread has already been done... Except for the part about the greek writting.

DC1

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CGBSpender
...unless Greek is derived from it. does anyone know the origin of Greek language?

Now that's an interesting point of view. I hope someone will read and reply to us about that, for I have no idea

Regarding other words or phrases found, on the mentioned site there are a few other things. Do take a look, I find it all quite astonishing

DC1

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by antigovFZ777
This thread has already been done... Except for the part about the greek writting.

My apologies - I 'searched', but nothing quite identical came up. I may have not used the search-tool precisely, though. Can you indicate where the thread you mention can be found? As I stated, it's all about interlinking concepts, the more the better

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
www.ling.ohio-state.edu...

The earliest stages of the prehistory of Greek, from the conventional date of reconstructed Proto-Indo-European, roughly 4500 BC, to the first attestation in the Mycenaean period, c.1400 BC, are somewhat obscure. Still, it is generally agreed that Proto-Greek speakers first entered Southeastern Europe, and the Balkans in particular, sometime between 2200 BC and 1600 BC, most likely coming in several different migratory waves. The earliest of these migrations may well have been speakers of what in the first millennium BC became Arcado-Cypriot, and in the second millennium BC is represented by Mycenaean Greek (note the affinities referred to above between Mycenaean and Arcado-Cypriot), settling in the southern part of the Greek mainland and in the Peloponnesos. A later wave brought Ionic speakers into Attica as well as other parts of central Greece and the Peloponnesos. At this point, still in the second millennium BC, West Greek speakers are believed to have been grouped in the northwestern part of the southern Balkan peninsula.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Curious... Where did the "exact" glyphs come from? A picture of the original material, someone's memory, or something way after the fact?

Just curious as to how much credence to give to the evidence.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'm not entirly sure but I think with a language this old it would be pretty difficult to identify the first instance of the written forms. I'll keep looking and get back to you on it.

DC1

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
Curious... Where did the "exact" glyphs come from? A picture of the original material, someone's memory, or something way after the fact?

Just curious as to how much credence to give to the evidence.

My knowledge is based entirely on a couple of websites such as the one mentioned in the first post, plus a few threads and relative links read here on ATS. I'll use the 'search' thingummy and see if I can add the existing related threads on the subject.

I sure wish Gazrok would give us his point of view - he's 'The' Roswell omniscient soul around here!

DC1

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creative_Seeker
I'm not entirly sure but I think with a language this old it would be pretty difficult to identify the first instance of the written forms. I'll keep looking and get back to you on it.

Thank you for your time

Greek resembling glyphics. Back to front. It's so intriguing, and I so wish it was true

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I sure wish Gazrok would give us his point of view - he's 'The' Roswell omniscient soul around here!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, hehe... Hopefully it's warranted...

Unfortunately DC1, the link you gave's symbols seem to be completely different than the symbols described by the key Roswel witness on them (i.e. Dr. Jesse Marcel Jr.) To answer another poster's question, Dr. Marcel was recalling them from memory (of a couple decades)...

The original link given:

still from the TV special

transcription from the still

is a transcription from a still image from the Roswel special on Fox. It is a transcription, from a tv show interpretation. (i.e. from a made prop for the show).

The drawings of the heiroglyphs from the witness, differ greatly here...

Dr. Marcel's drawings:

Just thought I'd clarify...

[edit on 23-3-2005 by Gazrok]

DC1

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Allright: am I therefore correct in summing up that the Greek-resembling glyphs are fake, and according to Dr. J. Marcel Jr's memory whatever they were resemble anything but Greek?

Thanks for clearing this up - I took the original website as a fairly serious one (my mistake). Said that, are Dr. J. Marcel's drawings all that can be found (by us mere mortals) regarding the glyphs?

Still, the chrononaut theory still stands in my thoughts. Let's see if any more input will expand it

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
To my knowledge, he's the only one who's drawn them out, but other witnesses have testified to the glyphs, and even the metallic purple coloring.

Interesting tidbit...

The other night, on the History Channel, they re-aired footage of the Roswell special (one of the debunking attempts) that showed the declassified files, etc. (basically this was in conjunction with Popular Mechanic's article of about the same time frame). Anyhow, during the special, they actually show declassified physical remnants of a Mogul reflector, and claim it was with the declassified material. Funny thing though for the Mogul believers. The infamous tape described by alleged Mogul engineer Moore, ISN'T THERE!
No tape at all with little purple flowers....(the lame excuse always being that the "tape" was made by a toy company - never shown btw, and that this was actually the heiroglyphs), as so often cited by the skeptics.
Though I've seen the special before, this is the first time I thought to really look at the Mogul debris shown...what a doozy, hehe....

Allright: am I therefore correct in summing up that the Greek-resembling glyphs are fake, and according to Dr. J. Marcel Jr's memory whatever they were resemble anything but Greek?

Look for yourself. I'd say that yes, the Greek glyphs are fake (at least in their connection to Roswell).

Thanks for clearing this up - I took the original website as a fairly serious one (my mistake). Said that, are Dr. J. Marcel's drawings all that can be found (by us mere mortals) regarding the glyphs?

You're welcome. Glad I could assist.

Still, the chrononaut theory still stands in my thoughts. Let's see if any more input will expand it

My statements and comments were only on the glyphs themselves...not the chrononaut issue, though I'm sure you knew that...

[edit on 23-3-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

My apologies - I 'searched', but nothing quite identical came up. I may have not used the search-tool precisely, though. Can you indicate where the thread you mention can be found?

Its all good. I can no longer find the thread either. It never hurts to have a second!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
BTW, a fairly good article on the origin of the Greek language can be found here...

www.greek-language.com...

DC1

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
How curious...

The article mentions the antecedent of greek as a syllabary known as Linear B. Deriving from Mycenae.

When I was a child, my father took me to Greece very often - I saw a lot of its history first hand - and I remember Mycenae perfectly, as if I'd been there the day before yesterday, especially the Lion Gate (lionesses, to be exact). I even have a pic of me as a kid standing right under it...

Excuse the rambling... those were golden days.

www.science.uwaterloo.ca...

(edited to add link to Lion Gate)

[edit on 24-3-2005 by DC1]

DC1

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by antigovFZ777
Its all good. I can no longer find the thread either. It never hurts to have a second!

Hey Antigov - I saw a recent thread which deals with dimension-travelling aliens. Now of course I can't pinpoint its title, he he he, still... not far off from this thread's initial thinking lines

new topics

top topics

join