It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

harrapan civiliztion dissapeared because of aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
well the thing is you know how like the harrapan civiliztion you know the people who built the cities mohenjo daro and harrapa you know and their civilization just dissapeared without a trace you know.im starting to wonder if the aryans didnt do it than could it aliens maybe reptilians just came and kidnapped everyone and took them to their planet to serve as slaves.and that might explain the radiation

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
taking them to ther planet to use them as slaves? thats kinda wild

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Actually there is a fairly good understanding of what happened to the Harappans AKA Indus Valley Civilization. Their climate became cooler and drier for some reason, and after that a river they depended upon went dry. It is beleived that they gradually migrated East to the Gangetic plane in smaller groups.

Some claim that the Indus Valley Civ was Indo-Iranian (Aryan). This would make them relatives, if not one in the same, with the Indo-European language speakers who showed up in their region after that migration, and if true (there has been debate) then basically that would mean they never entirely left at all.

From Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org... To be sure, Indus civilization people did not disappear. In the aftermath of the Indus civilization's collapse, regional cultures emerged, all of which show the lingering influence—to varying degrees—of the Indus civilization

EDIT: because I can't type

[edit on 22-3-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by missinglink
well the thing is you know how like the harrapan civiliztion you know the people who built the cities mohenjo daro and harrapa you know and their civilization just dissapeared without a trace you know.

The cities were generally abandoned but they didn't dissapear without a trace. Also, I get the impression that the consensus is that the civilization collapsed slowly, not quickly.

and that might explain the radiation

What radiation?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It is commonly rumored (but usually not mentioned in the most reputable sources such as encyclopedias) that Mohenjo-Daro is irradiated and may have been the victim of a nuclear blast.

Wikipedia claims a flood probably destroyed the city.

en.wikipedia.org...

I will be doing a bit of research in an attempt to find out where the idea that the ruins are irradiated first came out, and if it has any chance of being true.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Vag

While your efforts are noble, perhaps you need not invest your time. I do seem to recall hearing about 'nuked' indian cities, and they end up being, well, not nuked. Glass, for example, forms naturally, and radiation is all over the place.

Then again, I know this is a general subject you are intersted in, and that you might not receive this post until you've already found out the deali-o, so good luck!

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Mohenjo-Daro is in Rajasthan, India, not far from Jodhpur, something like 10 miles if memory serves. Jodphur is home to an Indian MOD, Defense Research and Development Organization Laboratory.
www.nti.org...

From NTI.org
Activities:
The laboratory is currently working on Integrated Water Management, camouflage, radioisotopic applications, and problems related to desert operation logistic support for organizing technical/user trials in the desert areas.

Also have a gander at this map.
www.nti.org...
Jodhpur is roughly in the middle between Jaipur and Pokharan- which is a nuclear test site- i dont have a ruler handy but on my atlas it looks like it's about 200-300 kilometers from the testing site.

Last but not least sciforums.com...

This is a story told to Surendra Gadekar. One day in Narora a worker with a geiger counter went to take tea in the canteen. His geiger counter suddenly went crazy. On investigating he found that the radioactivity was coming from the fire used for preparing the tea. Further investigation led to the discovery that the wood being burnt had originally been used for scaffolding inside the plant, and had got contaminated and hence should have been stored as low-level waste. Instead it had been sold to a contractor, who had fortunately sold it back to the canteen: hence this sordid practice of how the establishment deals with its waste was detected.

Mohenjo-Daro was probably irradiated in modern times.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
the thing is they found bodies in piles that are not buried humans would bury their dead because were civilize and feel emotion and also the thing is theres marks on the skulls like someone or something had killed them in a massecre

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

well the thing is you know how like the harrapan civiliztion you know the people who built the cities mohenjo daro and harrapa you know and their civilization just dissapeared without a trace you know.im starting to wonder if the aryans didnt do it than could it aliens maybe reptilians just came and kidnapped everyone and took them to their planet to serve as slaves.and that might explain the radiation

Item: there isn't any huge unexplained area of radiation. The "radioactive beam" is an urban legend.

Item: My esteemed colleagues, Nygdan and Vagabond are right -- the Harrapans didn't "just vanish." Their descendants are still in the area, but the cities declined over time. By the time the Aryans came in, they were fairly easy to conquer.
campus.northpark.edu...

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

the thing is they found bodies in piles that are not buried humans would bury their dead because were civilize and feel emotion and also the thing is theres marks on the skulls like someone or something had killed them in a massecre

Unfortunately humans seem very good at slaughtering each other and then chucking corpses in to unmarked graves. In recent years you might want to think about Rwanda, Iraq, Bosnia etc

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Also let me reitterate that according to the encyclopedia I referrenced, it is theorized that Mohenjo-Daro may have been the victim of a flood which destroyed it (which would leave corpses strewn about if the city was never re-settled).

You could expand on that to hypothesize that when their river shifted course that it caused this supposed flood, and with their river and their city ruined- no wonder they didn't bother going home.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

the thing is they found bodies in piles that are not buried humans would bury their dead

They didn't find piles as far as I understand it. They found moderately unorganized skeltons that were interpreted as being people who died in the streets, by some.

also the thing is theres marks on the skulls like someone or something had killed them in a massecre

I am unfamiliar with any such evidence. Is there a citation?

new topics

top topics

join