It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

NEWS: Pope Vomiting, Not Responding To Drugs; Doctor Rules Out Hospital

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by csulli456

Originally posted by Gools
Question:

If he dies Friday does he show up again on Sunday?


Maybe that would prove that he is more than just a man and worthy of worship? Seriously, what does a pope do for people?

I ask this as someone who was raised as a Roman Catholic.
.
Edit: sorry for being so crass...just tired of this stupid death watch and seeing throngs of people going to the Vatican hoping to see a glimps of him waiving to the crowd like some kind of rock star.

Oh and I'm like 99% atheist and 1% agnostic now.


[edit on 3/22/2005 by Gools]


Your posts are of no humor to me and quite offending to say the least. I would appreciate if you would not be so disrespectful to those of us who love and pray for our pope. Thank You.

Dude just chill. Im catholic and I find it humorous. Hes dying theres nothing we can do to stop it. Im sure I will at least shed a tear when he dies but we all die and its something you have to realize. Its sad indeed that such a holy man is about to pass away. Maybe he will astonish us all? Who knows!




posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Anyone else here thinks he and Terry Shiavo may die on the same day? Even if they do I promise that Christian fanatics everywhere will see it as some sort of divine sign.


Yes. That thought has crossed my mind. I am not a fundamentalist
or a 'Christian fanatic' (NYGDAN calls me a heratic
) However, if they
both died on Good Friday I would definately see it as a sign from
God. Terri (Teresa Marie) went to Catholic school in Philadelphia BTW.
She is Catholic. Yep. I would see it as God telling people that he is
watching what is going on and that the pope took her to heaven
with him. (and Michael Schiavo should be quaking in his boots!!)

As a side note - I find the comments on this thread to be crass
and uncalled for. There is freedom of speech so I guess people are
allowed to say what they want and to look childish ... but I say

to the comments I have seen on here. The man is going to die.
He helped bring down communism and free Poland and the USSR.
I don't care for the ineptitude in regards to the sex scandal and
his euro-centric comments in regards to the war in Iraq, but
perhaps his handlers haven't been telling him all the facts.
Either way .. just pray for the man and who ever his sucessor will be
(hope it's Cardinal Arinze!!).



posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
It's funny that the article mentioned the word "Christian" when the pope presides over Catholocism. Apparently Yahoo news has never used the phrase "is the pope Catholic?".



posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra


Looks like posion to me.

So what happens now? is there a pope in the wings ready to take up the bat?

[edit on 22-3-2005 by SpittinCobra]


No, you cannot name a popes successor until the current one dies. What will happen is that when the pope dies, within 36 hours a new pope will be decided on through a lengthy voting process, and accepted into the role.

Also the pope cannot resign his position, hes pope until he dies.



posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichardPrice

Originally posted by SpittinCobra


Looks like posion to me.

So what happens now? is there a pope in the wings ready to take up the bat?

[edit on 22-3-2005 by SpittinCobra]




No, you cannot name a popes successor until the current one dies. What will happen is that when the pope dies, within 36 hours a new pope will be decided on through a lengthy voting process, and accepted into the role.

Also the pope cannot resign his position, hes pope until he dies.


Thanks!

I read that the pope had delagated some of his duties, will the new pope get these duties back?



posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichardPrice
Also the pope cannot resign his position, hes pope until he dies.


From what I've read canon law allows for resignation.
I could be wrong, though. Anyone else?



posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bilgerat
It's funny that the article mentioned the word "Christian" when the pope presides over Catholocism. .

Ummm, Catholics are Christians.

I sense a lot of disrespect here for a world leader. Like him or not.
I expected better in an ATSNN topic.
Most of the comments here are not on topic, IMHO.



posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
That is completely wrong.

Popes can resign if the wish to.
6 or 7 have done so in the past.
It hasn't happened in over 700 years,
but it CAN happen.

There is not a hour limit on how long it
takes to vote in a pope. AND the voting
doesn't start right away. Burial first.
Vote second. That takes a while.

For the ACCURATE story on how the pope
will be buried, and what happens to elect
the new pope read a VERY good book called
CONCLAVE. Ask for it at the library or at
Barnes and Nobels.



posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I sense a lot of disrespect here for a world leader. Like him or not.
I expected better in an ATSNN topic.


Because respect for world leader's is what a conspiracy site is all about.

I can't imagine what an "on topic" post might be in a yet another Pope "death watch" news item.

Um, get better again? All our love again. Aren't you dead yet?

"On Topic"



Sorry to hear God's spokesman on earth is ill. Here's a picture of a sad M&M.


I guess "on topic" can be fun too.


[edit on 23-3-2005 by RANT]



posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   


I guess it can, RANT.

Those put a smile on my face



posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
That is completely wrong.

Popes can resign if the wish to.
6 or 7 have done so in the past.
It hasn't happened in over 700 years,
but it CAN happen.

There is not a hour limit on how long it
takes to vote in a pope. AND the voting
doesn't start right away. Burial first.
Vote second. That takes a while.

For the ACCURATE story on how the pope
will be buried, and what happens to elect
the new pope read a VERY good book called
CONCLAVE. Ask for it at the library or at
Barnes and Nobels.



Thanks for the great Info, You dont have to be so mean, we are all friends.



posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

I can't imagine what an "on topic" post might be in a yet another Pope "death watch" news item.

Um, get better again? All our love again. Aren't you dead yet?




ROFLMAO

...I hate to contribute to keeping this topic at the top of the board, but really, just had to express my appreciation.



posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
i have seen many articals like the one posted at the beginning. i will state though cathlics may be "christians". the pope definatly aint my pope. the powers acredited to the pope are only one of many reasons i believe catholicisim is wrong. yet only one reason for the split off from the catholic church.
question this is the roman catholic pope. do the greek orthodox have a pope as well? is he yet another god on earth? honestly you don't see much at all about the greek orthadox catholics. just the roman catholics

i will say that this pope if nothing else seemed to be a decent human, who i think tried to make the world a better place. includeing i asume the finaly alowing sex offender preists to face justace, not just hideing them and moveing them arround. he will be missed by millions includeing non-catholics.

i wish him well when he has to justify all of his actions before the throne of god. he seems a good and decent man. indeed it seems his departure time is here.



posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   


Ummm, Catholics are Christians.


Catholics and Christians will give you many small (and pretty much superfluous) examples of how their religions are different.

Religion is just capitalism these days. The pope is the CEO and the Vatican is his 30 story office building.



posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   


Also the pope cannot resign his position, hes pope until he dies.


Yep, not like you can go to the boss and say, "take this job and shove it"


Despite my dislike for organized religion, I'd never wish ill on anyone (except enemies
), so I do hope he gets better....



posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Despite my dislike for organized religion, I'd never wish ill on anyone (except enemies
), so I do hope he gets better....


You don't have to wish ill on anyone, but if you don't have a liking for what they represent you don't have to give a crap either.



posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
When the pope is dead and England has a new king we will all know the end times have come. George Bush will be nothing compared to the next king of England and the Holy See in the Vatican. The seat of power will return to the old world and the club of Rome will shed light on the world.

I'll be happy on that day. For then I'll know if I'm supposed to go with the game plan or pick up an ***censored*** as many robots as I can.

Don't be a robot.


[edit on 23-3-2005 by 00PS]



posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The Pope is said to be sitting out of the upcoming Easter services, this being the first time in his 26 years of missing it.

news.bbc.co.uk...



posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
March 27
Man climbs onto roof of Vatican basilica

A man is threatening to throw himself from the cupola of St Peter's basilica in the Vatican on Saturday as the Catholic Church prepared for its final Easter Holy Week celebrations.

Images broadcast by Sky Italia television showed the unidentified man standing on the roof of the cupola, which rises more than 132 metres above the famous Vatican square, adjacent to the apartments occupied by Pope John Paul II.

A Catholic priest and firefighters were negotiating with the man, who had climbed over the railings of the balcony at the top of the cupola and was standing on the sloping roof.

Source

I wonder how he got past the Swiss Guards and the Vatican Police?



posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Looks like the firemen got him off the cupola now -- it was just on CNN

Llike you I wonder how he got past the security?


Originally posted by sanctum
March 27
Man climbs onto roof of Vatican basilica

A man is threatening to throw himself from the cupola of St Peter's basilica in the Vatican on Saturday as the Catholic Church prepared for its final Easter Holy Week celebrations.

A Catholic priest and firefighters were negotiating with the man, who had climbed over the railings of the balcony at the top of the cupola and was standing on the sloping roof.

Source



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join