It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Pope Vomiting, Not Responding To Drugs; Doctor Rules Out Hospital

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It has been reported that Pope John Paul is vomiting, suffering strong headaches and has not responded well to his medication. The pontiff's chief doctor has dismissed speculation that the Pope will be hospitalized again. On Tuesday The Vatican confirmed that John Paul will not be holding his traditional audience on Wednesday, but it was not known if he would be greeting followers from his apartment window, a decision that the Pope will make at the last minute.

story.news.yahoo.com
John Paul has scaled back his appearances since his back-to-back hospitalizations and has designated cardinals to take his place during this week's busy Holy Week ceremonies. The Vatican only has confirmed one appointment for the pontiff: an Easter Sunday blessing.

The Pope did not name a stand-in, however, for a Way of the Cross procession at the Colosseum on Good Friday evening, raising the possibility he would participate in some fashion, although it appeared doubtful he would go to the site.

Vatican Television officials said they had installed cables and other equipment in the Pope's apartment above St. Peter's Square for the possible transmission of a video to be seen by the pilgrims gathered at the Colosseum.

The Pope has made three public appearances since being discharged from the hospital, his latest on Palm Sunday when he blessed the crowd silently from his third-floor window. During that appearance, the pontiff pressed his hand to his head and pounded a lectern in apparent frustration over his difficulty in responding to the crowd.

It was the first time in 26 years as Pope that he was unable to preside over the mass ushering in Holy Week, the most important season on the Christian calendar and long one of his favourite appointments.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Even though Pope John Paul is under such ill conditions he is still doing his 'job'.

"The Vatican, however, says the Pope is carrying out his major duties. On Tuesday, it reported the pope had named new bishops in the Ivory Coast and Spain. Under church law, only a Pope can nominate bishops."

This is amazing how a frail and ill man as the Pope has the power to carry on helping the Christian world with his duties. Hopefully he will recover from his bad health, even though it does seems to be worsening.

Related News Links:
story.news.yahoo.com
www.catholic.net

[edit on 22-3-2005 by phixion]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Question:

If he dies Friday does he show up again on Sunday?

Maybe that would prove that he is more than just a man and worthy of worship? Seriously, what does a pope do for people?

I ask this as someone who was raised as a Roman Catholic.
Edit: sorry for being so crass...just tired of this stupid death watch and seeing throngs of people going to the Vatican hopping to see a glimpse of him waiving to the crowd like some kind of rock star.

Oh and I'm like 99% atheist and 1% agnostic now.

[edit on 3/22/2005 by Gools]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This time i think the Popes' days are counted.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Nice page on the Pope's dutys and what he claims to be to the people:

www.geocities.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Looks like posion to me.

So what happens now? is there a pope in the wings ready to take up the bat?

[edit on 22-3-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The pope dying on Friday and coming back on Sunday is what's planned yes..

"After continually shifting reports on the health of Pope John Paul II, aides in the Vatican slipped that his current health turn is in preparation for a Friday death, after which his body will be placed in state, awaiting his resurrection on the third day. "One good miracle to shake things up," is how Vatican fan Gil Dunderland described it. "He's trying to give people something to believe in. If he follows through, he'll be the Pope everone remembers."

Really! infomercantile.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
No, Gools he will not show on Sunday

Now, yes I agree with Dg, I will predict that he will not last pass this year.

I have to be on the safe side you know.
so my prediction comes true.

[edit on 22-3-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Question:

Maybe that would prove that he is more than just a man and worthy of worship? Seriously, what does a pope do for people?

Edit: sorry for being so crass...just tired of this stupid death watch and seeing throngs of people going to the Vatican hoping to see a glimps of him waiving to the crowd like some kind of rock star.

Originally posted by phixion
The pope dying on Friday and coming back on Sunday is what's planned yes..

"After continually shifting reports on the health of Pope John Paul II, aides in the Vatican slipped that his current health turn is in preparation for a Friday death, after which his body will be placed in state, awaiting his resurrection on the third day. "One good miracle to shake things up," is how Vatican fan Gil Dunderland described it. "He's trying to give people something to believe in. If he follows through, he'll be the Pope everone remembers."

Really! infomercantile.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
You really believe that they will do something like that? Phixion.

Lord have mercy I even believe it, they would do something like that to boost the church.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well I can't say I believe it, would be pretty amazing if it did happen though...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Question:

Edit: sorry for being so crass...just tired of this stupid death watch and seeing throngs of people going to the Vatican hoping to see a glimps of him waiving to the crowd like some kind of rock star.

Your posts are of no humor to me and quite offending to say the least. I would appreciate if you would not be so disrespectful to those of us who love and pray for our pope. Thank You.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well, for what its worth, the prophecies say (I'm not loony) that we will be told the Pope dies, and in fact he flees the vatican and hides in Canada.

This is one of the endtime prophecies from Trumpetersmission.com, which unfortunately now will not let you copy paste, or link anything.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
[disgust][sarcasm] I have to wonder, will they try a feeding tube? [/sarcasm][/disgust]

Yeah, it's a one liner. Says all it needs to.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
What is it with the childish replies here?

Then we wonder why theres a different thread everyday filled with complaints!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I didn't know Reptoids got sick.... Strange. So, is it like in War of the Worlds where we used the Common Cold to kill the alien invaders or is it some form of alien flu?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hopefully his wicked ass will pass soon.
Lord forgive me

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
JP2 Odds were 12 to 1 that he wasn't going to make it out of the hospital. Havn't seen the latest line on him.

27 years as Pope is a long run... he has been pope longer then I have been out of diapers

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Anyone else here thinks he and Terry Shiavo may die on the same day? Even if they do I promise that Christian fanatics everywhere will see it as some sort of divine sign.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Shouldn't Congress DO something!!!

No, just kidding. I called an Easter death last year for the Pope actually (in January I think) when Cheney first marked him for death with that crystal dove for poo pooing the war and the Pope returned 30 pieces of silver in kind.

Won't come up though (archived I guess):

Above Top Secret - Conspiracies in Religions
... Cheney Marks Pope for Death? RANT, 8, 262, 5, 30-1-2004 at 11:07 PM >by RANT. Child sacrifice in magick ritual, Mycroft, 5, 130, 5, 1-10-2003 at 09:46 PM >by mikromarius ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/25/pg7/srtsubasc - 45k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

Plus it's nonsensical ravings of a madman.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
He will die, and die soon, it is newsworthy only to the apocalyptic and Catholic crowd. Man does not live forever, but the pope's life spirit somehow is always to be prayed for. Whatever his day arriving at the gates of his one and only master; God, for his judgement, it will be painted as having some religious significance.

Yesterday's Toronto Star had an article about him, it included a fair sized coloured picture of his eminence waving an olive branch. I must say it so resembled a bad make-up job, I thought I was looking at Martin Short after he was stung by that bee in that silly movie, the name of which I cannot recall.

[edit on 3/22/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join