It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of a not so Secret Mystical Order AMORC – by Request

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Disclaimer:
AMORC has been brought up on ATS in the past and at times with some controversy, but has never really gotten much attention here. As a happy AMORC member for over 5 years now, I would like to share some of the experience and knowledge I gained, and also address some of the controversy, without breaking my promise to keep certain information secret. Although, I can’t share the materials that contain the lessons I receive, I am still at liberty to impart certain things that I have learned as I understand them and I will share some of them in this post.

I had heard of the Freemasons when I was still a teenager and I first started researching them after joining ATS sometime in the late 2000’s. The idea of a boy’s club never really interested me and there were other aspects about the group that turned me off, however I have always been drawn to secret teachings and sacred knowledge. I first heard about and started to research the Rosicrucian Order about 10 years ago. 8 years ago they toured my state on a group vacation and although I knew that they were coming through my town, I never made any effort to reach out to them or anything. I noticed that for the most part the members were a little older than me and there seemed to be a fairly even mix of men and women. A few years would pass before the thought of joining would cross my mind.

At one point in my mid 30’s, I found myself in a bit of a rut and needing to make some changes. I took some time to focus on myself, and part of that was making sure I was developing my mind, body, and soul. I began taking some online courses for my mind, I signed up for a gym membership for about $15 a month for my body, and I decided to join AMORC for $15 a month for my soul and mind. Around that time I was navigating a job promotion and trying to better understand the world and how it works. Learning early on that Rosicrucians study natural law and mysticism was especially appealing to me.

A little bit about the Rosicrucian Order AMORC (The Ancient Mystical Order Rosae Crucis):
AMORC
From their website:

The Rosicrucians are a community of philosophers who study and practice the Natural Laws governing the Universe.
Our mission is to provide seekers with the spiritual wisdom necessary to experience their connectedness with the miraculous world around us and to develop Mastery of Life.
Our studies include:
The Mysteries of Birth and Death
The Illusory Nature of Time and Space
Awakening of the Psychic Consciousness
Human Consciousness and Cosmic Consciousness
Mystical Power of Vowel Sounds and Mantras
The Creative Power of Visualization
Influence of Thoughts on Health
Development of the Intuition
Psychology and Mysticism
Metaphysical Healing
Sacred Architecture
Spiritual Alchemy
We invite you to learn more.

Those interested in learning more can go to the website and download “the Mastery of Life” for free, or explore other resources available for free on their website.
Membership is $15 a month or $150 a year. New members instantly receive Liber 777 and 888 and all members receive weekly monographs monthly and quarterly periodicals. Lodges are located around the world and preform initiations for members as well as other services. Group trips to various locations around the world are regularly scheduled as well as are various conventions. Included with the monograms are at home initiations. Recorded versions of these initiations by our Grand Master are available and make at home initiations much more realistic. Members who have reached certain degrees become eligible to go through initiations in actual temple lodges if they chose. AMORC is listed as a fraternity, is not a religion, and members are encouraged to believe and worship as they choose. Mysticism is the universal practice of man seeking direct communion with God and the universe and can be found in various religions around the world.

The Rosicrucian movement is slated to have started in the early 1600s in France with the posting of two manifestoes which can be found here, order.rosy-cross.org... from another Rosicrucian order, as well as a third one that followed. The teachings however, are claimed to go back to ancient Egypt and even possibly before then. In many ways they resemble other, what are sometimes referred to as, ancient mystery school teachings.

Some of my experience:
The first couple of years after joining are an introduction to all of topics that get studied in greater detail as you progress, kind of like how people learn a lot of the same things over in high school and again in college, which they learned in grade school, but just in much greater detail and at higher levels. I do just about all of my studies from home and receive most of my materials by email. Initiations are particularly enjoyable as they mark completion and progression into newer studies. As I progressed I felt the need to branch out, so my studies took me on several tangents each of which contributed to my personal and mystical growth. Since the first temple initiation is only held one time a year, requires at least a year and a half of membership, and the nearest lodge was 4 hours away from me, it took me about 3 years to do it. It was a two day process carried out by over about a dozen strangers to me and witnessed by about another dozen. About 6 or 7 other initiates, who were also strangers, accompanied me. The whole experience was quite profound to say the least.

Some secrets I can share:
1. Although we are a group of mystics that study topics like mysticism, metaphysics, psychic abilities, and other topics that aren’t fully discovered, defined, or understood, AMROC teaches early on to be on guard against blind superstitions and the dangers of them. What does it mean when a black cat crosses your path? It merely means it’s going somewhere. I find that I keep my studies and practice mostly very practical.
2. Knowledge can lead to understanding which can lead to wisdom. Wisdom is knowledge that is understood to a degree that it can be applied to the benefit of ourselves and others.
3. With the exception of astral projection/out of body experiences, the mystic has to go within to go beyond. By going within we can access parts of ourselves that are hidden away or even go beyond ourselves and commune with God/the Cosmic. The deeper mental states and realms seem to merge with spiritual realms, and hence can be explored and worked with. Getting certain places and achieving working results can take time, practice, and determination, but we have a meditation that can be particularly helpful found in Liber 777, which I will share with you. I can share this with you because, although this document is reserved for new members, new members are told that they can share it with interested people and it has long since been available in the public domain. A PDF for Liber 777 can be downloaded here, www.rosicrucian.org......

edit on 23-5-2021 by IndieA because: spelling

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I won’t get into the controversy that is out there too much, but basically there are many Rosicrucian groups and some have split from other groups for various reasons. There has been infighting between leaders of some groups, which has led to replacements of leaders and changes in some of the teachings I hear. I personally don’t care so much for the drama or lineages for that matter. I know that no group is perfect and so with any group I have to take what I like and what works for me, and leave behind what doesn’t. AMORC is the largest of the Rosicrucian orders and there is actually a lodge within a 4 hour drive of me, so that’s definitely a plus. I do almost all of my studies from home, so besides a basic code of morals and ethics, no one ever asks anything from me, so I don’t feel like I have been taken advantage of by any means, but there is at least one person out there online that feels that way. Both the Grand Lodge and my somewhat local lodge have been having regular Zoom meetings which are quite nice when I can catch them. Everyone seems friendly and helpful and it’s an overall good environment for spiritual growth.

In conclusion, I have found that being a member of this mystical order to be exceptionally beneficial to my mental and spiritual growth. I can look at the world a little differently and I have the advantage of continued learning and the skills and abilities that come with it. The benefits I have received are worth far more than what I pay to be a member and I plan to continue my membership indefinitely. I look forward to future temple initiations, conventions, teachings, and hopefully group vacation trips.

I’ll do my best to answer questions from the group.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So how exactly do you pick what to study first? Or do they sort of just give you certain options for certain tiers of your development?

Do you think you could have learned these things on your own, without the structure of the fraternity, or do you feel the structure is what kept you motivated to learn?

As far as the creative aspect goes, have you been able to put any effort into personal creative endeavors that you felt you didn't really have access to, or the mind for, prior to what you learned?

Appreciate your time.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

Knowledge can lead to understanding which can lead to wisdom. Wisdom is knowledge that is understood to a degree that it can be applied to the benefit of ourselves and others.

Knowledge can also be a burden to those who learn it without asking and then don't know what to do with the information they've been given. In other words, it is never good to share that which is hidden without the consent of those you are sharing it with. It's a good way to wreck your "karma."

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AnnihilateThis

So how exactly do you pick what to study first? Or do they sort of just give you certain options for certain tiers of your development?

The lessons are predetermined and fall in a certain order. They are given out a little at a time, one lesson or "monograph" a week.

Do you think you could have learned these things on your own, without the structure of the fraternity, or do you feel the structure is what kept you motivated to learn?

Some things yes, some things no, most things I would have not been motivated to study on my own. The structure definitely helps, much like a taking a class compared to independent learning.

As far as the creative aspect goes, have you been able to put any effort into personal creative endeavors that you felt you didn't really have access to, or the mind for, prior to what you learned?

Somewhat. I feel as though I have more abilities and knowledge which allows for greater freedom and opportunities.
Some of my tangent studies, mainly shamanism, have also helped with creative aspects.
For the most part, I am a simple man who lives a simple life and doesn't ask or expect too much, but I also don't like becoming stagnant. Change has a tendency to stress me out, but change for the better, actual improvement, is what helps keep me motivated to continue to learn and strive to be a better person.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ELECTEDOFFICIAL

Knowledge can lead to understanding which can lead to wisdom. Wisdom is knowledge that is understood to a degree that it can be applied to the benefit of ourselves and others.

Knowledge can also be a burden to those who learn it without asking and then don't know what to do with the information they've been given. In other words, it is never good to share that which is hidden without the consent of those you are sharing it with. It's a good way to wreck your "karma."

I get it. Ignorance is bliss. The sleeping masses would agree, right?
No need to wake the sheep and suffer the consequences, right?

I never asked to be lied to or have information withheld from me. They haven't either. I could only wish I had the knowledge I have now so much sooner in life. I share as I like and I take responsible for my actions/karma. Ignorance is not a virtue, it's an harmful affliction.
edit on 23-5-2021 by IndieA because: Added info

edit on 23-5-2021 by IndieA because: typo

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I have been a Freemason since 2008, so I know what we do, but my Grandfather was a part of AMORC, and he was very active, really enjoyed it. He passed away before I could understand the importance of his wisdom, so I save him from casting his pearls. I'd love to hear what things you do at the in person meetings.

As masonry, it's very much a business meeting with the planning stuff going on. Degrees are fun and everyone involved has a great time. it just feels good to share the fellowship. In the Scottish Rite, I enjoy the theater of putting on the degree and teaching the lesson of the degree to new members.

Whatever you can share, if anything would help me understand the similarities.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Knowledge and wisdom are interchangeable? And where does experience come in? a reply to: ELECTEDOFFICIAL

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigbrooklyn

Knowledge and wisdom are interchangeable? And where does experience come in?

Information becomes knowlege and skill.
The latter becomes wisdom.
Without application, all knowledge is a burden.
We only need to know what we need.
Function dictates need.
What is your function?
Hmmm?

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This is a very interesting post to me.
Thank you for pulling the veil back and answering some questions.
You have me wanting to learn more.
I dig the idea of expanding my mind.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The ones responsible for the commissioning of the Georgia Guidestones ?
R. C. Christian ?

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
The ones responsible for the commissioning of the Georgia Guidestones ?
R. C. Christian ?

I have not come across any evidence that that is true, nor have I come across any mention of them from other Rosicrucians. After researching the Georgia Guidestones several years ago, I lean towards the theory that they were commissioned by Ted Turner.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Since I don't go to regular meetings, it's hard to answer that question. I'm happy doing my studies from home and not having to get very involved, but I can tell you that they hold regular convocations and have Kabbalah classes on top of doing monthly initiations. The Zoom meetings are usually presentations on various spiritual or Rosicrucian subjects. You can find some of these presentations on YouTube under Rosicrucian TV. Sorry I can't answer your question better. One day I'll find out way the convocations are all about.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Thanks for answering some questions, OP! I like it.

My question to you is, do you feel the knowledge you are learning is out of date? WAIT, don't answer!

Take a step outside yourself and ask yourself if it's ACTUALLY pertinent to the modern world.

Ok, now answer, please.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

What was true hundreds of years ago is often still true today, natural law, human psychology, nature, and morals and ethics for example.
So no, I don't think that much of what I'm learning is out of date. Historical sometimes, but those who forget or ignore the past, are doomed to repeat it.

Most of what I've studied is still pertinent to the modern world. For example, we are taught to deal with negative situations like health problems, by first trying to determining and addressing the root cause, rather then just throwing treatments at it that may just act as a "bandaid".
These days modern medicine is flawed by profit driven markets that would seemingly treat patients for years, rather than cure them right away.

Because of this simple teaching, I knew that when I recently started to get sick, it was because I was drinking too much and if I stopped drinking I would get better. It worked.

edit on 24-5-2021 by IndieA because: spelling

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Although we are a group of mystics that study topics like mysticism, metaphysics, psychic abilities, and other topics that aren’t fully discovered

Have you ever come across anyone with psychic abilities?

If so what could they do?

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA

What was true hundreds of years ago is often still true today, natural law, human psychology, nature, and morals and ethics for example.
So no, I don't think that much of what I'm learning is out of date. Historical sometimes, but those who forget or ignore the past, are doomed to repeat it.

Most of what I've studied is still pertinent to the modern world. For example, we are taught to deal with negative situations like health problems, by first trying to determining and addressing the root cause, rather then just throwing treatments at it that may just act as a "bandaid".
These days modern medicine is flawed by profit driven markets that would seemingly treat patients for years, then cure them right away.

Because of this simple teaching, I knew that when I recently started to get sick, it was because I was drinking too much and if I stopped drinking I would get better. It worked.

I always wondered if secret societies worked to keep their content modern.

Thank you.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Have you ever come across anyone with psychic abilities?

If so what could they do?

I think we all have psychic abilities, it's just a matter of whether we choose to develop them or not, which can be difficult in a world with so many distractions.

I've had several experiences myself, perhaps you have had a few yourself. Every thought about someone right before they called you? Or had a dream that came true?

But to answer your question more directly, no, I have not personally come across anyone with super strong psychic abilities, or at least not that I was aware of.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: IndieA

I always wondered if secret societies worked to keep their content modern.

Thank you.

You're welcome and yes, AMORC does work to keep their content somewhat modern and up to date, while still trying to preserve the ancient teachings.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 02:51 AM
link   

15 bucks a month for all that mystical, metaphysical, alchemical, sacred and spiritual knowledge???

Zowie! What a bargain.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join