It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Braindead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
No one has been tried for the massive crimes of and relating to 9-11. This administration has gotten us embroiled in two ongoing conflicts, with no end in sight. The Iraqi invasion was illegal, not to mention immoral and based on LIES. War crimes have been and most likely are still being committed in our name. The federal deficit has blown up so large, no one can even comprehend the amount of money our children's children will be forced to pay back - that is, if the Neo Cons don't spark Armageddon by that time. Oh yes, and I forgot to mention, not only one, but TWO presidential elections have been stolen. We Americans are currently embroiled in a true national nightmare. The likes of which, this Democratic Republic has NEVER experienced before. And there seems to be little if any public outcry. WHY?! Are we SO drugged up, dumbed down, fat, lazy, programmed by tv and SO spiritually useless that we will just allow this until our economy crashes and all hell breaks loose?

And we call this the land of the FREE and home of the BRAVE?!

There is hardly anything FREE or BRAVE left of today's America. Our forefathers would be disgusted by what we have become.

Here's an excellent essay by patriot pamphleteer John Kaminski:

The Corpse Of American Culture
Where all the heroes are fake and
the icons are revered for their lies
By John Kaminski
[email protected]
3-20-5

My secret is herein revealed - I'm an old sportswriter who has been playing the same game for nigh on half a century.

In this Internet incarnation, my subject matter has changed considerably, though the general purpose of my writing really has not. It has always been my intention to get people to reflect on the folly of the their own behavior, and these are lessons that can always be drawn against any background.

My first bylined newspaper story hit the streets in 1957. It was about my grammar school baseball team. Not so ironic that this my latest effort should be partly about the same game, beloved baseball, which I once, in my eagerly optimistic youth, regarded as a ritual of cosmic significance.

Now, at a time when shuffleboard would probably be the more appropriate game for me, I realize that baseball may not be the Zen-like avenue of transcendence I once imagined it to be, but it nevertheless is an appropriate sociological barometer of this pathetic hoax that is American popular culture.

So I thought when I watched canonized slugger Mark McGwire testify recently before a Congressional panel investigating the use of steroid drugs in professional baseball. His voice crackled. Tears welled in the corners his eyes. It soon became obvious that here was a man who had reaped the highest adulation of the unwashed masses and now was about to commit the public suicide of his glorious reputation.
www.rense.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
GGGEEEZZZZZZ dude what ya tryin to say here. I resemble that remark..

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I like the essay.
Mister John Kaminski has balls.

Nice piece of work.

And this song by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young especially fits the current scenario:

Tin soldiers and Nixon coming.
We're finally on our own.
This summer I hear the drumming.
Four dead in Ohio.

Gotta get down to it.
Soldiers are cutting us down.
Shoulda been done long ago.
What if you knew her
and found her dead on the ground?
How can you run when you know?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hey EKC,

I just wanted to bring up your next series of Anti- American venom.

1. Terry Schiavo is a media event created by BUSH and his right wing nutjob facists.

2. AIDS is is military bio weapon that escaped before BUSH and his right wing nutjob facists were able to introduce it to the poor third world nations.

I am really tired of you. Find a new thread... fake moon landing, something.
Actually, can I ask a favor of everyone?

Can we find someting else to discuss besides anti american ideas? There must be more to your lives then this!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Excellent points he makes, eh? Where are all the protestors? Back in the late '60's and early '70's young people from across the economic spectrum created and sustained a movement so intense it shook the establishment! They FORCED an end to the Vietnam War, which by extension, brought on the demise of Nixon's administration (through Watergate). Where is that force and fury? Where is that REBEL spirit this nation was borne out of?! WHERE IS IT?!

How bout ONE bullet to our national brain, in particular: the RISE and POWER of brainwashing through TELEVISION. The effect of a 30-year-tv-span: A multitude of braindead, apathetic "citizens" unworthy of living in a free society.

FREEDOM AIN'T FREE!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
And there seems to be little if any public outcry. WHY?! Are we SO drugged up, dumbed down, fat, lazy, programmed by tv and SO spiritually useless that we will just allow this until our economy crashes and all hell breaks loose?

I wonder ECK if all alone that is the purpose, for our country to go down.

If you look at it, all these problems would have been resolve we are after all a great nation that if the government ask the American people to scarify themselves for the nation they will do it believe or not, we do have patriotism.

I think all this we are going through is something that is what "some" has been working for it, a total crash of our economy and our nation.

That is what the Terrorist said they were going to do, to hurt US on its economy.

I wonder who the "real" terrorist are.

Some never listen.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If we really were the great nation so many like to think of ourselves as, we would have called for this imposter's impeachment long ago; and his criminal posse would be in docks, charged with war crimes.

This country has lost its brain and balls as well as its soul.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I heard that President Bush and company are also responsible for all of the upsets over the weekend in the NCAA Mens Basketball Tournament..

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I heard that President Bush and company are also responsible for all of the upsets over the weekend in the NCAA Mens Basketball Tournament..

This is exactly the mentality I'm talkin about. World here is your 21st-century American.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
EKC, I have not lost faith yet, I think that the Terri case as tragic as it is, is opening the eyes of the American people and Finaly people are able to see what, agendas, interest groups and politicians got in common.

The result of the ordeal of the Florida woman has not yield the results that many of these groups wanted.

The Majority has voice for the first time their opinions, and is the opposite of expected.

No everything is lost, EKC, America majority have not lost their voice.

American will keep the government in his boundaries when it needed, you can be assure of that.

We may have gone lazy and fat but we have not lost it all yet.

[edit on 22-3-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Can you imagine what we the people could accomplish, if that fabled blue half of the country was to rise up and demand accountability? The '60's anti-war movement taught us it can be done. If we were half as patriotic and concerned as we like to think we are, we would be out in the streets raising hell, FORCING change.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'd give just about anything to see the look on George W. Bush's face if he actually got caught in the midst of a REAL crowd of citizens. He'd soil his pants and run as fast as he could in the opposite direction!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

This is exactly the mentality I'm talkin about. World here is your 21st-century American.

what.... . hey.... I didn't pick the underdogs, I just blamed the President for them winning.....

[edit on 22-3-2005 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Actually the 60s will comeback if things don't get better, I can assure you that.

Now as for bush, well the "home land security" make sure that whenever he goes the people he surrounds himself with is "chosen" .

So is not spontaneity as what he does or where he goes, and what we get in the news, is the picture of a happy president amount a happy crowd I bet all has been rehearsed to the point of perfection.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
[edit on 22-3-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

as posted by dgtempe
Americans are lazy.

dgtempe....I noticed that your from Tempe, Arizona, correct?
"Americans" is a generalization either meaning what? All or most or some or a few?

Would you consider yourself among "Americans?
ECK? You?
How about anyone else that missed the classification of "Americans are" labeling?

In such a case of no clarification, I guess that WE are all in one big circle-jerk, better known as "Americans are," huh?

seekerof

[edit on 22-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

If we were half as patriotic and concerned as we like to think we are, we would be out in the streets raising hell, FORCING change.

I totally agree here. EKC doesnt it get frustrating talking to lemmings.... lemmings that do NOTHING in regards to any of the good points you raised, BUT, god forbid "their American Idol fav" isnt voted into the top "whatever"... then you'll see them raise hell...

Peace

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Excellent points he makes, eh? Where are all the protestors? Back in the late '60's and early '70's young people from across the economic spectrum created and sustained a movement so intense it shook the establishment! They FORCED an end to the Vietnam War, which by extension, brought on the demise of Nixon's administration (through Watergate). Where is that force and fury? Where is that REBEL spirit this nation was borne out of?! WHERE IS IT?!

How bout ONE bullet to our national brain, in particular: the RISE and POWER of brainwashing through TELEVISION. The effect of a 30-year-tv-span: A multitude of braindead, apathetic "citizens" unworthy of living in a free society.

FREEDOM AIN'T FREE!

Where is that spirit? you asked. We grew up and became the Senators, Congressmen, Govenors and Presidents that you so avidly trash. We are your fathers, mothers and grandparents. We are the ones you so joyfully
proclaim as braindead, uncaring, stupid Americans. We are the establishment at which you so eagerly throw your vile and anger. We are the majority of idiots that voted Bush in for his second term. Just like we voted him in for his first. We are the morons that voted in Congress to allow America to go to war based on the exact same intelligence that Bush and the whole world saw. We are the same lying deceitfull hooligans that actually had the nerve to say sorry but we didn't find any WMD in Iraq after he had ten years to hide the f****** things, when it would have been easier to plant the damn stuff and anounce to the world that we were right. Where is that spirit you ask? It its here in America going to work everyday, running the small business that make our economy work. It is here in America on our Police forces as they keep a viligent eye for those that would harm us. It is here in America doing the everyday things that make us the country we are, while people like you rant and rave. We are the majority of Americans that know our country isn't the crap hole that you and your minions make it out to be. This is a great land that you live in and if you cannot see that then the problem is not in the spirit of America, it is with you!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
[edit on 22-3-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Brain dead is correct. it is far easier to be braindead than to rise up and be rid of the enemy.
Its so much easier this way.
Americans are lazy
Its this laziness that will be their undoing.

And then what happens.. they move this POLITICAL thread to the harmless, little seen BTS.

CENSORSHIP.

And what recourse do we the members have? NONE. This will probably get killed b/c I said so, or I will be banned or whatever for saying such.

How many utterly inane threads are going on right now where THIS belongs (on the real boards)? TOO MANY.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join