It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Experiences of a Soldier*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I kinda see war as "dirty work." Kinda like trash-collecting, the stuff nobody else wants to do. And that can't be disputed.

That said, I personally don't care for the cause at hand. However, I truly appreciate what our men and women in uniform not just in Iraq, but around the world, are doing. They don't do it because it's the greatest job in the world. They do it because somebody has to do it. Not many people understand that on BOTH sides of the issue.

I just simply see it as something that is, something that has to be done by somebody, and I am proud that these people have stepped up and taken that risk to be "the one."

I don't plan for things to change, but I just wish everybody on both sides would see the humanity and even all the crap in this awful situation so we can all truly appreciate what these people have to go through. There is nothing pleasant about it and they deserve all our gratitude and then some for being the ones to do it for us.

Whether you believe in the cause or not, somebody would have to do it. I'm glad it's them and I will always be one step right behind them.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Excellent reply sweatmonicaIdo

Thanks for that. At least it shows you look further than todays posts and can make an honest opinion of things.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
Excellent reply sweatmonicaIdo

Thanks for that. At least it shows you look further than todays posts and can make an honest opinion of things.

I look at it this way. To combine conspiracies for a moment...

Like I said, I don't believe we should've gone to Iraq. That's what I think. But guess what, if a UFO ambushed my friends and I in a dark forest, do you know who I'd want to come and rescue me? I'd want a squad of 13 U.S. Marines to rescue me.

Another example. If the U.S. was about to get nuked like crazy, you know where I'd want to go? I'd want to get onboard an aircraft carrier and sail as far away as I possibly can.

Our people may sometimes do their job for contrevorsial regions, but there will be a point we will need them. And we should be proud they are there for us.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
No matter what country we are in, we will always need the military to help us out.

We can only back the lads and lasses who do this for us. It doesn't matter what the political reasons are, they will always need our backing and total support.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I totally agree. These people may or may not in some cases be our own flesh and blood, however they are our own people for god sake. They make up our culture and come from where we reside. They are normal people like you and me. I have heard some of the most obsurd statements about how these soldiers "kill innocents with no mercy." Does the average Joe love to kill innocents? I think not. Most of these soldiers do not wish to have to fire their guns in public Iraq any more than one of us would standing in a crowd of people at the airport.

Im glad that there are some out their that can understand what these people mean to our lives and our futures. Hell you don't even have to support a war, however I would think you should be able to support your own people who are unfortunately subjected to fight it for you.

Carburetor

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
A universal way of looking at it, the U.S. military will save you from anything from Hannibal Lecter to UFO invasion in suburban neighborhoods.

50,000 Gray aliens cower at the sight of 13 Marines. They disappear when the Marines are backed up by an ARG, a CSG, and an Ohio-class SSBN.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join