It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Experiences of a Soldier*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
As someone who soldiered through the rice paddies of Vietnam to the heat and sand of Desert Storm, I can tell you these young people are the finest this country has to offer. They are asked to do extrodinary things under god awful, sometimes inhumane conditions. They do not falter in their duty to their country. It breaks my heart when I read and hear some of the hateful remarks here on ATS that are directed towards them. I saw first hand the effect on moral this had on our men and women during Vietnam. I personaly was called a baby killer and spat upon returning from that campaign. I had hoped that I would never see that again in my life time.
The measure of a person is not how vocal they can be from the comfort of their home, it is their willingness to make a difference even at the cost of their own life. We owe these young men and women our gratitude. Until you have held the hand of a fatally wounded comrade, listened to his dying
words and had to relay those same words to his young wife and child, you will never understand the pride and honor I and everyone that has worn that uniform feels. To those I left behind, I salute you. To those in harms way, may God keep you safe until you are home with us once again.

[edit on 23-3-2005 by Yorga]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Common 00Ps and Souljah, lets here your praise for the "freedom fighters" who killed that little girl, come on, lets here it. Savages.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yorga
As someone who soldiered through the rice paddies of Vietnam to the heat and sand of Desert Storm, I can tell you these young people are the finest this country has to offer. They are asked to do extrodinary things under god awful, sometimes inhumane conditions. They do not falter in their duty to their country. It breaks my heart when I read and hear some of the hateful remarks here on ATS that are directed towards them. I saw first hand the effect on moral this had on our men and women during Vietnam. I personaly was called a baby killer and spat upon returning from that campaign. I had hoped that I would never see that again in my life time.
The measure of a person is not how vocal they can be from the comfort of their home, it is their willingness to make a difference even at the cost of their own life. We owe these young men and women our gratitude. Until you have held the hand of a fatally wounded comrade, listened to his dying
words and had to relay those same words to his young wife and child, you will never understand the pride and honor I and everyone that has worn that uniform feels. To those I left behind, I salute you. To those in harms way, may God keep you safe until you are home with us once again.

[edit on 23-3-2005 by Yorga]

Well said Yorga

I find it painfull to read the criticism that some shower our soldiers with. Although I have never experienced it myself, I am sure that war could turn a man to do things he normally would not. Even so, to insult and reject untold thousands of our troops for the actions of a few is just dispicable.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Common 00Ps and Souljah, lets here your praise for the "freedom fighters" who killed that little girl, come on, lets here it. Savages.

Yeah where is Heckyl and Jeckyl! Man you just can't find a Weise-guy when you need one.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Yeah where is Heckyl and Jeckyl! Man you just can't find a Weise-guy when you need one.

I could not agree with you more....sometimes I wonder how they call themselves "Men". Some people really do abuse "freedom of speech"

Anyways, Semper love for all the Men (ladies too) over in Iraq

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I got to admit. i been waiting for some kind of remark.

What can they really say to what i wrote?. nothing! let em try eh?

[edit on 03/12/04 by Bikereddie]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
War is indeed an ugly beast.

You see, like you stated, many men and women sit here at home, as I do presently, talking about and voicing their opinions on the military and what not, but then forget that without that military, they would not have the right to an opinion.

Let us all remember those who have served.

I lost a good friend in Iraq not too many months ago. He was assigned on support infantry for a Humvee column (the guys that walk along the side of the vehicles). They were running a slow patrol operation through an urban area in Tikrit (sp?), when they began taking small arms fire. Sometime later, an RPG came in at the column, but missed the Humvees themselves. It struck into the side of a building, sending pieces of cement/concrete shrapnel into the air.

One of the pieces struck my friend. He died a few days later from complications.

Lance Corporal Robert M. Hudson, USMC.

God bless the Troops.

-wD

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that webdevil.

Glad you found you could share it with us.

As in the previous posts, wait for the people who will say that terrorism is right etc.

Keep ya chin up mate. u2u me if ya want a chat about anything.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Thanks, man.

As a vet myself, I can honestly say I 100% support the troops.

As to the terrorist-supporting posters, lol, let them show themselves. I believe a great leader once said:

"Don't fire 'til you can see the whites of their eyes!"

-wD

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
That’s just it guys, you don’t need to like war, or even support it, to support the troops and wish them well. All I know is, they have the balls to be there right now and most of are sitting at our PC’s talking about it instead. That demands respect no matter what.

I have said it before, and I will say it again: 100% of all of them, no matter what I hear or see, are hero’s to me, always.

There are 18 year olds there right now carrying a gun so I dont have to. So I can be home with my wife and son. Nuff said.

HERO'S!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing WeBDeviL!
To continue honoring and supporting the living soldiers is a great way to honor and support the fallen.

My sincerest condolences to you and your friend's family memebers.

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dev_add

I could not agree with you more....sometimes I wonder how they call themselves "Men". Some people really do abuse "freedom of speech"

Anyways, Semper love for all the Men (ladies too) over in Iraq

So when the thread starter said:

feel free to add your stories or thoughts
You don't agree with that? What thoughts and stories would you like to hear (just in case anyone posts something you don't agree with). Some people abuse "freedom of speech"?
So the soldiers are fighting for only the speech you approve of?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Sorry to be off topic, but I have to congratulate marg6043 on another great avatar.

There should be awards for such things.

Also glad I have OOPS and Souljah ignored so I don't accidently read any of the filth they spew out. ATS has been a much nicer place since I took that action.

[edit on 3/24/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by marg6043

Sorry to be off topic, but I have to congratulate marg6043 on another great avatar.

There out to be awards for such things.

Also glad I have OOPS and Souljah ignored so I don't accidently read any of the filth they spew out. ATS has been a much nicer place since I took that action.

[edit on 3/24/2005 by centurion1211]

Yeah she has a great tactic!! Waltz in here, grace us with beauty, waltzes out and before we know it she had her way with us and we agreed to most things she said. ........I call this "Woman style KungFu!!"

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Hmmmmm
Two days gone, and still no remarks.

I thought this might have lead to some debatable comments from the supporters of terrorism.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   

That’s just it guys, you don’t need to like war, or even support it, to support the troops and wish them well. All I know is, they have the balls to be there right now and most of are sitting at our PC’s talking about it instead. That demands respect no matter what.

I have said it before, and I will say it again: 100% of all of them, no matter what I hear or see, are hero’s to me, always.

There are 18 year olds there right now carrying a gun so I dont have to. So I can be home with my wife and son. Nuff said.

HERO'S!!!!!!!!!!
Damn straight. Supporting the troops most definitely and absolutely has nothing to do with politics. As one could possible infer from my sig, I did not support us going into this war, but I have always supported the troops. Vietnam was an ugly time for us, and we, as a nation have learnt our lesson, and I hope we never repeat that mistake again.

I have some friends over there now, and I've only had a chance to speak to one of them over the phone, but that was a number of months ago. I have no idea what has happened to him or any of my other friends during that time...and that scares me.

Reading through this thread has been hard. Some of those stories...

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I guess most people who have relatives or someone they know who is serving will be able to relate all kinds of tales from the Gulf.

I know the one i wrote was very sad, and i appologise if it upset anyone, but there are some good things going on out there.
As was said earlier,backing our troops, British or American, indeed any other nations, is of major importance, not just to us, but to the troops out there. They do have access to this site, and do read the things said about them. Keeping moral high can only be a good thing for them right now.

There are people like myself who have sons/daughters out there. they need support too. This site has given me a lot of support over the last few months. Lets keep it up for those involved.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie

I guess most people who have relatives or someone they know who is serving will be able to relate all kinds of tales from the Gulf.

I know the one i wrote was very sad, and i appologise if it upset anyone, but there are some good things going on out there.
As was said earlier,backing our troops, British or American, indeed any other nations, is of major importance, not just to us, but to the troops out there. They do have access to this site, and do read the things said about them. Keeping moral high can only be a good thing for them right now.

There are people like myself who have sons/daughters out there. they need support too. This site has given me a lot of support over the last few months. Lets keep it up for those involved.
It's good to hear such stories, though. I'm just a romantic sucker for such things, that's all.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I suppose there a lot of people out there who have some excellent stuff to relate to us. Take Yorga for example. Bet he has some real good stuff to tell.

How about it Yorga? fancy sharing some more of your experiences in the forces?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Yeah, and my exact point to this thread was to get some people talking about our soldiers and what they have to bear on a daily basis. It has been quite disturbing to me as of late, how amazingly un-supportive and un-american some of our own citizens have become. Some people just fail to understand what these soldiers represent. As mentioned in other posts, you don't have to be a supporter of the war to be a supporter of the troups. Supporting the troups means a lot better chance of husbands and fathers or even mothers and wives coming back home alive. Whether you are American, Australian, British, or Japanese or many of the other allies,....These are your own people out there with their lives at stake. To not support them is like stripping them of their will to succeed and make it back home alive.

Carburetor

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join