It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO BUILT THE PYRAMIDS??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I don't know why everyone keeps wondering who REALLY built the pyramids...the answer is right in front of everyone's nose.

King Solomon had built the Temple...the Temple was constructed as Josephus and the bible and such tell, without the sounds of metal tools at the temple site.

This is because the rock was cut and squared in the quarries, and the timber cut from Lebanon and floated down to Joppa and there at the Temple site were put together with hard labor, using wooden tools.

Same goes for the Pyramids, only there are no surviving records of their construction, however Architecture and construction didn't change until much later.

So the Pyramids would have been built very similar.

And not by slaves...they were built by the farmers duing the innundation periods.

So the stones would have been cut and prepared off site, and then floated down the river or across the mediteranean, to be placed by woden or stone structures built for that purpose (the Pyramid is kind of its own scaffolding).

There may have been a few tricks we aren't thinking of, but over-all it would have been simple.

Today we over-complicate things.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   
So each stone would have been cut for its specific location off site?

There would have had to have been a blueprint for each stone in that case at the quarry for rows ahead of where they were working at any given time in order to keep the pipline full. More problematically it would have had to included a multi-view, sectioned-view blueprint in order to show the angled channels that had to be hewn into the blocks in order to fit them and result in the passages. The blocks would also have had to have carried some type of identifier that was able to survive the trip so as to be placed in its correct position.

All of this is also true if they did the finishing cuts on site. So I'm not saying it isn't possible that the stones were finish cut at the quarry, but it is definitely less likely.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
FreeMason and Valhall it is good to see you are taking care of the logistics for us.
I used to design formwork for the cast in place concrete industry. I worked on the EPCOT Center and Monorail at Walt Disney World back in the late seventies along with hundreds of highway bridges across the US and Canada, also nuclear cooling towers and pedestals for generating turbines, as well as various dams and fish ladders. I cannot help but think that with all of our modern technology and engineering expertise that we could not build the Great Pyramid today and maintain the tolerances of the ancients.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Right. I haven't been to the Great Pyramid, and I speculate FreeMason has not either, but I have been to Chitchen Itza..and what I saw there was incredible enough. I can't imagine the incredulity the Great Pyramid could instill in real life.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Actually, the pyramid is a bit different in that the main stones, are not cut into perfect squares, they fit haphazardly in a general form...it's the casings that were then cut to match these haphazard stones that made the pyramid a perfect, smooth, square geometric form.

Now it's still of course a square, and looks like a bunch of steps, but the stones there are more like...L's or multiple sides, not just cube-cut....all fitting to form the general shape it now is.

Which does lend more to the argument of offsite construction, because a simple lack of communication would lead to the need to improvise in such a way.

And the Egyptians did other great works in the quarries but would errect them else where, such as the obelisks...

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
FM...

Actually the "haphazard" nature of the interior exterior wall of the pyramid was done intentionally...to give the casing something to attach to. The pyramid at Chitchen Itza is the same. It has an almost completely intact outer casing (but a portion is missing and where that is missing it looks like a haphazard mess.

The casing is not what I was talking about. I was talking about the internal stones which have channels, running at angles, that when set in their appropriate positions (on top of stones that have opposing channels running at equivalent angles) create the passage ways (in particular I'm talking about the small passageways, but this applies to some of the larger as well). In addition to the channels being at angles, the stones are at angles at well in certain places...this requires the cutter to cut a compound angle.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Slaves or.......................someone else??

According to a book called The Revelation of Moses, God may very well have made them (which I believe). After Adam died God made a three cornered seal which he sealed Adam's, Abel's and Eve's graves with:

"And after these words God made a three-cornered seal, and sealed the tomb, that no one should do anything to him in the six days, until his rib should return to him."

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is very interesting. Is this book in print?

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
This is very interesting. Is this book in print?

Yes probably, but here's a link to the online text:
www.newadvent.org...

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Oh ok good call Valhall...as for the "three cornered" tomb, the pyramid has 5

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius

Originally posted by groingrinder
Slaves or.......................someone else??

According to a book called The Revelation of Moses, God may very well have made them (which I believe). After Adam died God made a three cornered seal which he sealed Adam's, Abel's and Eve's graves with:

"And after these words God made a three-cornered seal, and sealed the tomb, that no one should do anything to him in the six days, until his rib should return to him."

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Three corners would make a TETRAHEDRON, not a pyramid.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Nope...tetrahedron has 4 corners...3 sides

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Oopps...tetrahedron has 4 sides...what was I thinking? lol...

It'd have 3 corners on the base, maybe I shouldn't count where they join? lol

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Well, a tetrahedron is NECESSARILY a pyramid (a triangular pyramid).

HOWEVER, we are dealing with a 5 sided, 5 cornered pyramid (a square pyramid).

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Oh ok good call Valhall...as for the "three cornered" tomb, the pyramid has 5

Wrong, they have eight. Like most pyramids in the world the Gizah ones are "uncompleted", they don't have the capstone. So it's got eight corners like a cube. But the obvious shape of the a pyramid is the triangle.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by mikromarius]

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Yeah they have eight corners in their incomplete form...but what difference does that make??? I'm assuming we are talking about the complete form. Which would have been 5 sided, 5 cornered.

Point taken.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Yeah they have eight corners in their incomplete form...but what difference does that make??? I'm assuming we are talking about the complete form. Which would have been 5 sided, 5 cornered.

Point taken.

But still the obvious shape is the triangle. Ask 100 people and ask them what a pyramid looks like. Close to all of them would say it looks like a triangle, just like the earth is circular.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
To try and give credit to UFO's, or mental powers, etc. is kind of a disservice to their sacrifice, and to the ingenuity of ancient man. There have been numerous recreations showing how the pyramids were built, and all with tools and knowledge known at the time.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
To try and give credit to UFO's, or mental powers, etc. is kind of a disservice to their sacrifice, and to the ingenuity of ancient man. There have been numerous recreations showing how the pyramids were built, and all with tools and knowledge known at the time.

If slaves built the pyramids, where are all their graves? Using the tools and methods you talk about, there would have been tens of thousands of slaves working, and several slaves would probably have been killed every week. Where are their graves?

On the contrary, the graves found are first of all very few, and the graves witness that they were highly skilled workers and entrepeneurs etc. And even today with our technology, it would be impossible to recreate the Great Pyramid. Something to think about. There are so many mysteries connected to these magnificent buildings that to say anything for sure is quite silly really.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
from anyone else? We are talking about 4000 years ago here.... Not to mention, maybe they were cremated? I don't remember seeing anything about slaves being worthy of burial in ancient Egypt....could be though. I just tend to believe the mundane explainations before leaping to the fantastic, especially when there's no reason they couldn't have built them. To be honest, I'm more amazed at gothic cathedrals with buttresses and vaulted ceilings, than I am at well-cut stones placed on top of each other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join